Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 L1Games's New vs Used Games Video
This has been on my mind. A lot.

Don't know if it could qualify as a topic of it's own. If it does, feel free to split.
Reply }
@ PK8 That dude made my day. I wish there was a way to high-jack all the TV networks and put him on across the nation, and the world. Every gamer should see that video.
Reply }
Interesting... *still watching*

Pff, if selling used games is illegal, then EBGames here (which is like... owned by GameStop but seems to be pretty awesome) is breaking the law. You can trade in games. Probably donate them. Perhaps sell them. I've bought preowned games.

I'm kinda unfamiliar with how rampant online activation is, because I don't buy PC games. Not since the entering of keys with The Sims 1. EDIT: I am all over Steam now though, is that any fairer?

I think this should be spread everywhere too. Just like that one video about Megaupload's shutdown.
Reply }
I totally agree with him. In all points. Fuck you and your DLC shit.
[Image: 76561198077561206.png]
Reply }
Just watching the beginning, I started to laugh....

"What industry in the world punishes the consumer for finding value in their old or used items?
--- The Auto industry, Media Industry(records>Casettes>CDs>MP3), Computer Tech,... etc.

"When I buy a used car, do I pay extra for the AC?"
--Yes, if you have to repair it. Why not complain about having to pay for gas?

"When I buy a used house, do I pay extra to use the furnace?"
-See Pherione's recent water heater that went Kablooey. Yep, there too. And the electric bill.

"When I buy a used DVD, do I pay extra for the special features?"
-Do you know how many versions of 'Aliens' were released? And Star Wars... Geez... I could go on.

"So why is it that with used video games we are being forced to pay for content that under any normal circumstances is part of the game itself?"
Dude, if you bought a used car that works fine and you bought custom rims, you're paying for an upgrade. That's what the downloadable content is... an extra or upgrade. Suck it up.

Mind you, this game-store guy's youtube not exactly into games... just marketing
L1Games Wrote:I hate turn based RPGs, But I still sell Final Fantasy. I hate RTS games, But I sell them. and yes, I do indeed hate games that are incomplete. But I'll sell them if I get them in.
Yeah, I guess he hates the entire 'Elder Scroll' series because Bethesda Soft makes expansion packs.

I won't discount the legal rights to sell used content like books, comics, DVDs, and etc. But he's sure gonna hate finding out that the upcoming PS4 only has 'download games' like the PSP Go. No used games to sell back. Hell, you only get the 'license' he talked about... not even have the whole game on your PS4 console. Sucks to be him.

EDIT: And I got that from just the first 4 minutes. Didn't have time for the rest
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
> PS4 only has download content.
That's retarded.

... wait, are you okay with this, or just not interested in it being stopped?
Reply }
I swear to you SONY will die if the PS4 is like that. They'll get hacked into oblivion. The 1st hack was a warm up. Hell they almost died with the PS3. Is all good now. In the end the people will win. Gaming may die a little, but Nintendo will save the gaming industry again if all goes south.

"It's like selling a super car with no gas needed , then 10 years later okay you have to pay for gas in these newer , more expensive cars. Air bags, windows, and seats are not included. " 'Eff them new cars.' <----The Smart people. Same thing pretty much.

What's on my mind: People power. We have the power to bring down giants. People power!
Reply }
(05-27-2012, 05:22 AM)DerVVulfman Wrote: But he's sure gonna hate finding out that the upcoming PS4 only has 'download games' like the PSP Go.
Wait, what? Are you serious?
Who the hell came up with this and thought "Hey, that's a good idea" ?
It's a console for crying out loud! Having only a Licence or an Account makes sense for online-only games, but not for a home console! Oh dear...
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
... I bet they also would try to justify it with "The Cloud". I dislike the Cloud model, because I have limited bandwidth. I want stuff physically on discs or on my drives please. ... and even if I didn't have limited internet, I am then having to let these programs monitor me to maintain the cloud sync.

I suppose I'm okay with Steam syncing stuff because I know things are installed on my computer, and there's no DRM... I think... though I'm not sure exactly what it's syncing. I manually back up saves if I feel I'll be doing something like a drive wipe anyway.

Gee... I hope I don't come off as disinterested in technological progress. Because accessing your files from anywhere does sounds nice and futurey but... eeeh.
Reply }
Steam... No DRM? Lol.
Steam IS DRM.
You have to be logged on to access your games. That is DRM. T_T

This seems to be an interesting subject to discuss, anyone want to make a thread? :)
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   It's now legal to crack DRM on games sometimes DerVVulfman 4 5,586 11-03-2018, 03:33 AM
Last Post: Kirito
   I can't wait to play *insert video game here* - topic EJlol 12 18,483 04-09-2017, 05:38 AM
Last Post: jajajaj312
   video game logic KasperKalamity 4 7,414 07-10-2012, 10:42 AM
Last Post: Samven
   What Games are you currently playing? Mega Flare 113 99,409 04-16-2012, 04:21 AM
Last Post: Waddle Dee
   Laguna Games LagunaX1 9 11,075 04-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Last Post: LagunaX1
   Games you want made KasperKalamity 6 8,490 02-16-2012, 11:15 PM
Last Post: KasperKalamity
   Slavery: The Video Game [HOAX!] PK8 3 6,572 09-05-2011, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Hsia_Nu
   Is making games an art? Charlie Fleed 19 19,180 10-22-2010, 07:26 PM
Last Post: RosyPosy
   Recently bought games/dvds/blurays/<media> rm-rf 11 11,944 03-26-2010, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Kristovski
   Post a Music Video Queue 24 30,212 02-05-2010, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Guardian