Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
 What's up, RMers?
RMVXP (and other affiliated websites of RMVXP such as BlueSophia and ComicEra) having downtime today made me think about my scripts. I've been going through some of the scripts I've posted, and I'm seeing old threads of mine which shouldn't even be considered scripts. Also, I've been thinking about working on a "bed" demo for most of my scripts. I've also thought about rewriting a lot of my scripts.
Reply }
Some people (somewhere else) kind of think I'm some sort of a coward (or something the like) because I've never tried to actually script my own battlesystem script. I don't think I'm ready to do that, even if 2 or 3 years have past since I modified a script for the first time. I even believe I just like to edit default scripts and add new features and methods, except for a very few scripts that pretended to be more original or weren't based on basic scripts which normally are left in standby until I learn more about Ruby / RGSS and scripting.

I also think the next RM (if any) should include a later version of Ruby, things like Hashes would be more fun to use if so, the DateTime class (even a simplified one) would also be a good addition...

I know that leaving comments are useful for people wanting to learn from any script, but I still hate it... Not good at it... but I learned about the comments true purpose, it's not to tell you what it does but what it accepts as arguments and how it deals with that data and what is returned after the method execution ended successfully or not... and providing good Error messages is also a key practice to get the people moving to get the errors they made fixed.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
RGSS has hashes and a Time class >.>
Reply }
I am recording the music for my game at the moment .
Reply }
finishing the implementation of charlies awesome states activation system (known from final fantasy 9) and I just love it ^^
Reply }
Well, jabber, then that means you haven't seen how you can create a hash in a very convenient way thanks to some new syntactic sugar found in Ruby 1.9.1...

hash = {a: 2, b: 4}

It has Time class but not DateTime class... They're definitely not the same thing.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
Uff, the battle room for my arena game was a beast... I'm exhausted.
Reply }
kyonides Wrote:Well, jabber, then that means you haven't seen how you can create a hash in a very convenient way thanks to some new syntactic sugar found in Ruby 1.9.1...

hash = {a: 2, b: 4}

It has Time class but not DateTime class... They're definitely not the same thing.

RGSS has hashes like that.
hash = {a => 2, b => 4}
Unless I'm supposed to be super-excited over using : instead of => for some reason...
And Ruby's Time class actually IS the same thing as a DateTime class, as it does both the date and the time:
http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/Programming..._time.html

Still not following you here, sorry. ._.
Reply }
trying to find out which script screws up my timer xD my timer goes like this: 59,58,57,56,59,23,11,55,54,53,1:19,.....
and most time it changes is when I am walking (or just when I'm walking xD) Oo
Reply }
Still doing my Ar Tonelico CBS... actually trying to make this #@%!?@% Harmonics gauge functional.
Reply }