Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 RandomEnkounters XP
RandomEnkounters XP

by Kyonides-Arkanthes

Introduction

This scriptlet adds a very simple but curious feature to your game mechanics, it shows one of the semi-randomly generated monsters that could emerge out of the blue every other hero's step.

Once this happens the hero can't do much about it but turn around in desperation possibly. Later on the player would read a message or even listen to some "I'm here" or "Come and get me" or any similar (customizable) sound effect just a few moments before the battle starts.

After a short discussion about my script I added a new feature that allows the game developer to set a custom animation when the enemy trooper shows up. (I haven't tested it yet, though.)

Let's say some Dog Wulfo convinced me to add it. Honestly I think I'm kind of spoiling forum members or visitors lately by adding more and more features to scripts.

NEW FEATURE!

Now Multiple Foes Witch Golem Killer Dark Elf might suddenly appear on the map depending on their actual location around the player! Shocked

I hope that the people interested in my script really appreciate it. Grinning
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1760]
The dialogues displayed here are defined in a common event for your convenience. Winking
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1761]

Credits
To me, Kyonides-Arkanthes, your busy scripter. Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Terms of Use

It's free for use in non commercial games.
Contact me if you are going commercial.
Just don't forget to add me to your credits list.
Do not repost it anywhere! Happy with a sweat

Attached Files
.jpg   randomenkountersxp01.jpg (Size: 177.68 KB / Downloads: 19)
.jpg   randomenkountersxp02.jpg (Size: 175.74 KB / Downloads: 15)
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
Bump It Up! Bump It Up!

Well, I just updated my script to include a very small but sometimes significant feature. If your hero can see there is an event right in front of it, the randomly called monster or enemy won't show up right above it as it were smashing it to smithereens due to its overweight. Instead it will show up right behind the hero!
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
A Big Bump Doesn't Cry!

I received a report about some F12 refresh related issue so now I'm posting the new version of my script here. Yeah, I do hate F12 for some good reasons.

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
A Bumping Monster Has Come!

This time I added two new features and a minor fix to the random enemy sprite that sometimes didn't stop the player from going under its wing...or ghostly shadow Confused This time it will stop right there as it would do if the player had hit a rock or a wall. Concerning those features I mentioned above, I got to say you can now watch the enemy move its feet or ghostly skirt of sorts and read whatever that monster wants to yell at your heroes! Shocked Even so it is optional, it is not like they should even utter a single word if you do not want them to speak freely.

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
The Long Wait Was Justified!

From now on, game developers can make multiple enemies Witch Skull Golem Wizard appear on the map if the random encounters are enabled! Shocked

Confused Guys, I don't think I'd like to be in Aluxes' shoes right now.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1760]

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
Heeding the Shocked Call of the War Drums! Orson Wizard 

Starting from version 1.2.0, you can setup as many common events as needed to add more events taking place, that are NOT related to the foes Plague-Chan Golem Zombie now visible on the map, or simply show some interesting dialogues on TV screen to crush your Slayne Ghim Deedlit heroes' morale in no time! Confused

Just keep in mind you will need to use the Troop ID's as the key in the COMMON_EVENTS Hash.

There is also a simple way to define a default reaction for the rest of your enemy troops.

Happy with a sweat I guess wishing you a "Happy War!" won't make any sense to you here. Confused

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }