Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 KSkill Shop XP
KSkillShop XP

Version: 1.4.2

by Kyonides (Kyonides-Arkanthos)

Introduction

Perhaps you wanted to allow players to choose what optional skills their heroes could learn by means of using some sort of item instead of just leveling up as usual. Well, this script makes it possible. You may either let the hero learn a skill they would normally learn at, let's say, level 50 whenever he or she has enough gold to make the purchase at a Skill Shop. Even traditional shops may turn into normal + skill shops.

You don't want all heroes to learn other classes or jobs skills but want to let Alex learn a low level healing skill, you can do that!

You may edit a simple txt file to make it possible. Don't worry about it, once you don't need to make any more changes to the file, run the demo once and then you may delete the TXT file before you distribute your game to the whole world. Just take a look at my sample file.

Now you may also get specific information about the selected skill and what heroes might learn it if you purchase that skill.

Demo

DOWNLOAD

Instructions

Paste below Scene_Debug and above Main. After that, read the instructions, check the Constants included in the first module, edit them if deemed necessary.

There are 2 demos, one in English and another one in Spanish.

That is pretty much all you need to do besides testing your demo.

FAQ

I know that the language used in the demo is not English but Spanish, I just forgot to translate the dialogs...

Compatibility

Designed for RPG Maker XP.

Terms and Conditions

Free for use but not meant for commercial projects, but you may contact me if you're still interested.
Due credit is not optional but a must.
Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 2 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
BUMP!

New version available! Now you can further modify the skill price and define if you want to allow the player to sell back all extra skills they purchased (by mistake?). Prices can be manually set in the skill prices.txt file or they can be automatically calculated by the script based on skill sp cost and the PRICEMOD Constant value.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
BUMP!

Now you may also get specific information about the selected skill and what heroes might learn it if you purchase that skill. It may also include some minor code changes.

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
BUMP!

Version 1.2.2 is available now for all those people interested. This version includes some bug fixes and code improvement but it also lets you get more information about the items and skills you are about to purchase at the store. It also allows you to swiftly change scenes between the shop and the bag scenes so you can quickly replenish your HP and SP and let your heroes learn new skills if they are able to do so.

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
BUMP!

Version 1.3.0 is available now for everybody. It now includes the following feature, skills may have another skills as a requirement before they could learned by the heroes.

The TXT file should be named previous skills.txt. Open it and enter...

(Skill ID) : (1 or more skills that should be learned as a requirement separated by commas, DO NOT INCLUDE PARENTHESES)

There should be one entry per skill ID but it is up to you whether you list 1 or more skills.

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
Help Me! I need to be Bumped!

I proudly announce that I have uploaded a new version of KSkillShop XP, namely 1.4.1, that already includes the possibility to set previous skills as a requirement to learn new skills. All the previous features are available as well. I had to rewrite some parts of my code hoping it's more modular and useful now. I hope all the bump'ers enjoy it! (Or would an angry Bump go after you in the dark?)

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
I Just Got Bumped Out Of The Blue!

Alright, that isn't exactly the truth about version 1.4.2. I was asked to add more information to the status window so the player could compare both the new weapon or armor and the current one. Well, now that's possible and the player just needs to press left or right keys. I hope that will help people make wise choices or just the opposite out of irresponsible fun! (If that's a good idea at all...)

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
Unique Purchases

I have uploaded a new version of KSkillShop XP where you can actually set unique items that can be purchased once only! Shocked
Poor heroes! Sad They're gonna miss their Ultima skill duplicates! Laughing

Something makes me wonder if I have updated an old version of my script since the latest I've found said it had reached version 1.4.3 but was available in Spanish only... Happy with a sweat

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Shop : Change Prices Kain Nobel 0 1,082 04-04-2022, 11:24 AM
Last Post: Kain Nobel
Star  Shop : Command Help Kain Nobel 0 1,196 04-04-2022, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Kain Nobel
   Skyla's Unique Item Shop DerVVulfman 2 5,072 01-19-2018, 04:18 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Moghunter Menus: Scene Shop Felicia DerVVulfman 0 3,961 05-29-2017, 01:01 AM
   Skill Shop Legacy 1 6,999 06-30-2012, 07:36 PM
Last Post: KasperKalamity
   Advanced Shop Status Window RPG Advocate 4 11,033 08-21-2011, 05:12 AM
   MultiSlots! Store Patch - Advanced Shop DerVVulfman 0 5,460 10-24-2010, 03:39 AM
   Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Shop System Mac 1 6,632 12-12-2009, 07:01 PM
Last Post: explocion200
   Skill Shop Trickster 0 4,004 03-02-2008, 06:48 AM
Last Post: Trickster