Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
 The Things the Barbarian Gets the Paladin to Do
Trust me guys, I didn't come up with this.
I got this from a youtube video recounting pen-n-paper RPG stories.
Unfortunately, no names were attributed.

The Things the Barbarian Gets the Paladin to Do

I was DMing the party, my wife was playing a paladin with a hippogriff for her mount, and our friend was a Barbarian.  The party had accidentally stirred up the undead around an orc villate; they'd been forced to retreat into a box canyon, and the entrance to the canyon was completely blocked by hundreds of skeletons.

Unfortunately, nobody had brought any blunt weapons, so all their attacks were suffering damage reduction, and it was taking forever for them to do any real damage to the skeletons.

The Barbarian had a quick chat with the Paladin.

His suggestions was that she should get on her hippogriff, fly up to about one-hundred feet, then jump off, curl into a ball, and drop into the skeletons to do bludgeoning damage to them. After all, he reasons, falling damage from that altitude would only be 10d6, but she'd cause 10d6 damage to any skeletons she hit. she could hit multiple skeletons, and it'd probably kill a bunch of them.

And then...

She did it!  She actually did it! She flew up to one-hundred feet, shouted "Cowabunga!", jumped off, curled into a ball, and went rolling through the skeletons like a cannonball!

Now, whenever they're facing difficult odds, the Barbarian's first suggestion is "Hey, Paladin, remember when you went bowling for skeletons...?"
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
I guess master Splinter Mouse would be extremely proud of her. Happy with a sweat
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Intelligent Things To Do With a Dragon Around DerVVulfman 1 239 01-24-2024, 05:00 AM
Last Post: kyonides
   750+ things Mr. Welch can no longer do in a RPG - Part III DerVVulfman 2 1,123 03-03-2023, 07:43 AM
Last Post: JayRay
   750+ things Mr. Welch can no longer do in a RPG - Part II DerVVulfman 1 811 02-24-2023, 04:47 AM
Last Post: kyonides
   750+ things Mr. Welch can no longer do in a RPG - Part I DerVVulfman 3 1,230 02-16-2023, 04:09 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Forty Things To Do with a Dead Follower DerVVulfman 0 1,860 11-21-2020, 05:17 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman