Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
 What's up, RMers?
Sure? Why not?

If you have a particle system that works with battle animations, have fun with special effects. For actual frame by frame, maybe you can use some sort of modeling system (like blender) and render frames. Heck, use a digital camcorder and go for broke! Editing would be a pain though. I don't see why anyone needs to limit their creativity.

Meanwhile, I finally.... FINALLY... got my dang MultiPose script done! Can anyone say STOOPID!? All my headaches from yet a mere couple of lines. I was so close yesterday. Doh! Once I did that, I got my Paperdoll system done in 10 minutes flat!

While working on it, I did a couple more streamline changes to the ABS. Cut the dash and sneak system by about 15 lines. A little more here and there tweaked too. I gotta update my HELP doc to include the two new systems, so I can't release it today. Hopefully for Thanksgiving.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
I got bored and posted Belly of the Beast in completed projects.

My son put me up to it

LOL @ my kiddo! Anywho, yeah... check out Belly of the Beast, it's a short game and won't cost you a dime. This isn't my magnum opus, it's just a quick contest project I built for lulz, but it should still be fun at least. Oh yeah, and the contest is still open, so I'll still take some suggestions for it, I might even make some surprise, last minute changes to it ya never know.
[Image: Button-BOTB.png]
[Image: Save-Point.gif][Image: Button-You-Tube2.png][Image: Button-Sound-Cloud2.png][Image: Button-Audio-Mack2.png]
[Image: LS-Banner.gif]
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }
And the work on the ABS goes on.

I came up with an idea for the actual 'attack' animation that happens when you press your attack button. Normally, it performs a characterset's 4 frames of animation in a row. Starts at the beginning... ends with the last frame. Constant.... fixed...... boring.... But what if I ... changed... that? I came up with a method that lets you define the first frame of the character to use. It doesn't need to be the first frame now. It could be the second or third frame, giving you a shorter animation. If you couple that with a shorter delay and mash time, you can make a very quick dagger when compared to a heavier and slower warhammer slam. It's not ready yet. But I got it set up for the weapons at least.

In working on that, I discovered a minor glitch. Whoopsie! Tongue sticking out The system that turns off animations when you are using an automated weapon attack (like a machine gun) was turning off other animations mid way through their poses. That lent only 2 frames of animation at times. It didn't take me long to get it going.

AND...

What? You think I was done?

Well, I wasn't. I decided that the mash system could be made faster or more sensitive. A value '2' could make you wait a little while to perform your next attack. Um, that was a bit slow. So, I sped up the system. Now, you need to set the mash rate to 4 for the same effect. I cut the mash increase in half. It should give you a faster bit of gameplay now.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Finally got my skill scene remixed! Instead of 2 column skill window, I'm going with 3 (or 4, depending on if I go with short skill names or not.) Changed the skill command window from a horizontal to a vertical one! I've already had skill categorization, but I wanted to do it more VX Ace style so meh. Pretty soon I'll disable categories that have no skills, or be able to switch actor categories on and off individually. Anyways...

[Image: Menu-Skill21.png]

Oh yeah, status screen! I'll have to darken the background, blur it maybe, but yeah if you can't tell that's an animated battler sprite on your left. I'll probably add in the ability to view advanced data with Input::C, such as element and status affinity, but I haven't got that far yet.

[Image: Menu-Equip1.png]

I'll update more on this later, next time I'll post it into map 'n screenshot thread (I'm too tired right now ;_;). Anyways, c'ya later dudes and dudettes!
[Image: Save-Point.gif][Image: Button-You-Tube2.png][Image: Button-Sound-Cloud2.png][Image: Button-Audio-Mack2.png]
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }
has anybody come across a tileset for a floodplain? i don't want to have to use the rtp swamp again, it looks kind of evil.
Reply }
Which RPG Maker? Would be useful to know... :P
Reply }
for xp. ive been going through the tilesets on Zazanoyoiooka's (sp) site, and i have an idea of what im going to build the set out of, but it would be helpful to see what else might be included. ive come across enough "durrhurr that map sucks" tards in my day, it's better to shut them down before they have a chance.

edit: in the meantime, i'm trying to perfect this waterfall. the ripples at the bottom look exceptionally cheap, but with the rtp being done with pixels instead of curves, it's kind of difficult to recreate.

[Image: waterfallattempt3.png]
Reply }
Today I finally finished crafting my Respawn Point script for RMXP, VX and VX Ace. Well, the first one was ready for use since Friday night but I just didn't realize that it wouldn't be hard for me to port it over VX and Ace till earlier today...

Edit:

It was a fast process to port them over indeed.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
Revisiting old facesets, here's one I gif wrapped for you all.

[Image: Paulo.gif]

And the party menu I've been working on...

[Image: Menu-Party.png]

^That's just for single party handling, I'm probably going to make a special scene for multiple party management.

TODOs (or tl;dr lol)

Tune in next time!

...and now, a word from our sponsors! *Cues the next guy/gal to go up on the What's Up, RMers? stage.*
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }
I finished crafting my newest script, KSkillTree Ragnarok Version and its NF ABS add on. You may ask why does the term Ragnarok show up. Well, the thing is that this script displays the skills in the same way as Ragnarok Online 1 skill menu does, at least it's the closest approach I've ever seen. Right now it's a separate skill scene menu, it can't be used while walking on the map as the original does but this fact doesn't stop the user from learning skills or assigning skill points to those skills or configurng hotkeys for them. You're also able to check the help window to get more detail in-game info on that specific skill you're working on.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }