Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
 What's up, RMers?
I guess it's kind of weird to "bump" a day after I posted my last RM update but here I go again but not caring about WhiteSnake's song at all.

A few moments ago I just finished a small script namely KAirShip VX Ace that lets the player think that by pressing a button they can check the ship or airship interior or go back to the previous map and ride the vehicle straight to hell if that pleases them. The only thing is that the followers still act like a mindless caterpillar...
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
"Why isn't Kain hitting up the What's Up thread very much lately, has he been sleeping on us," you ask? Heck nah, I've been busy working and doing my usual project thing! Mostly script work though. I don't think you want me coming on here every day though like "Yup, cleaned up code, sprayed for bugs, blah-de-blah," so I've held back on the nonsense updates lol. Anyways...

Script Updates

Everything in this list has been thoroughly tested, but that only covers a portion of what I've still gotta go through. The good news is I haven't had a game crashing bug since October 12th, but I still have three scripts which contain minor errors. I'll probably be busy with script work until the end of the year (world?) but I'm trying to keep in practice with music and graphics too.

As soon as this quarter's deep testing phase is finished, I'm going to hit up the forums to post and/or update everything I possibly can!

Tundra Mountains
[Image: Tundra%20Mountains1.png]

Started this panorama approximately a week ago, I'm actually displaying it at half size, but it's pretty pleasing how it turned out thus far. I'm realizing that this would make a kick ass battle background, so next thing I'm going to do is move the mountains back and extend the ground terrain so it all looks right.

Blood Money
Blood Money

Another day, another track to run, it's just me preparing for a marathon!
[Image: Button-BOTB.png]
[Image: Save-Point.gif][Image: Button-You-Tube2.png][Image: Button-Sound-Cloud2.png][Image: Button-Audio-Mack2.png]
[Image: LS-Banner.gif]
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }
I had been working on some conceptual map designs for my game to get out of a "writing only" binge, but I realized that making what I wanted was going to be quite difficult, so now I'm getting a little crazy. I think I'm going to make isometric foundations using MGC's 2D iso map editor, import them into VXAce, and then parallax edit the crap out of them because all of this RTP just isn't cutting it.
There is a long road ahead, but I saw some really awesome parallax editing stuff over the weekend that made me have to give it a shot. I'm more worried that isometric and parallax at the same time is going to mess me up, but I have to pursue this ideal in my head or I'm going to regret it later.
Reply }
Okay, it's been a long while, but I've been working hard on a few other projects, non-RM connected, and they've taken up a lot of my time... but I'm STILL working on Roguehaven, my Offline MUD.... Here's what I've got on the burner right now...

- Almost done with Humanz, a DerVVulfman Multipose Template reminiscient of the pre-rendered Diablo style characters. (Male Human Base Layer is almost finished, next will be Female Human Layer, and then the different skin styles for the four elemental skins as well as base clothes... I think once I get about 10 or fifteen of each skin, clothes and layers, I'll create a Roguehaven Character Creator Demo for the site...

- Really toying with the idea of making the game cheat-code compatible with a online PHP script. This will allow folks to actually purchase extra needs via the web and a saved-game specific magic number. While the game can easily be played and all the items for sale CAN be earned, this can be a revenue stream, and still allow for a free game that if players want to donate to future titles, they can receive rewards for their donations.

- Created a game Log Screen, a.k.a WoW, which displays the last five messages of the game, or other events that occur during game play. I've included that script in the Script Database section.

- Also working on a WoW style profession progression system, much like XP is raised for higher levels, these professions give points to expand capabilities like different items crafting, extra quests, and more.
[Image: yy7iKKb.png]

ITCH: jayray.itch.io
Currently working on Goblin Gulch (MV)
Currently working on JayVinci Resurrection
Currently working on Bakin ABS (BAKIN)
Reply }
this process is going to take a couple of months at least.... but it's totally worth it. how's the edit look so far?

[Image: progressssssss.png]
Reply }
Looks pretty good, but I have a few small rec's.
1) I like the clothing displays, but the one in the very back is going to be covered by the one in front of it. Maybe put them on a different vertical line.
2) I would also recommend shrinking the bottom room a tad or adding something to the bottom right corner because there is just a wee bit too much blank space.
It definitely has a good charming feel to it. What's the story behind the room?
Reply }
it's a mansion, and the small room in the back is a vault. i just wanted to show off the tileset progress. all the rtp is getting redrawn to make it look more cartoonish, and eventually so will the charsets.
Reply }
I am quite fond of the Pokemon style tiles. The cliffs allow for side stairways and the trees are nice and simple. Maybe it's nostalgia, but I thought maybe I could use this style in my game. Trouble is, I've discovered, is that RS3 sprites are not as top-side as Pokemon.

[Image: maybeneitherofthesefit.png]
Working with map rips I tried pairing the hero with trees and other elements from different styles/games, but I'm not really sure what fits. Pokemon (#4) is good, but inconsistent angles or styles bothers me in RM games. FF6 (#1) seems perfect but they're really recognisable tiles and the trees suck. :v
Reply }
Other than dealing with any bug reports I get for it or any adaptions for later scripts designed to work alongside it, the Lycan ABS is finished. So as of now, there were be no more Lycan ABS updates! Woot woot woot! Someone had a fun time just with the opening cutscenes. The keys are still laid out based on MrMo's (S=Attack, D=Defend, A=Jump... ESC=Menu... and hotkeys).

I just hope Freddy Kruger doesn't come after me for what I used in the initial release.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
#3 Definitely
Reply }