Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
 What's up, RMers?
nah, it'll say "Over 728 Unique Endings!"

i looked at my characters, and the different permutations possible with the stats, and was really able to redefine each character's individual growth. i'm going to make stat increasing items much more common for customization.
Reply }
OMG finally, I have something recorded with a backing track and everything! Drum and bass was composed in FL Studio, the guitar tracks were played live, by yours truly, and recorded using Reaper. Also, thanks to MetalRenard for showing me around, without him I'd probably still be scratching my head lol

Pending Execution

Pending Execution

This track was mostly done as an experiment, to see what I could turn out and how it would all sound when it comes together. The guitar work isn't anything fancy, its mostly some chords and riffing on the low E and yadda yadda, just focusing on keeping time with the backing instruments mainly. I'll be refining this track, adding more melody to the bridge, playing a slightly different riff for the second verse, etc. I hope I can turn out something awesome and eventually add a face-melting solo to it!

This metal soundtrack is a little side-project of mine, I might use a few tracks for my game, but I'm going to try and compile a demo for bands needing a guitarist too :D
[Image: Button-BOTB.png]
[Image: Save-Point.gif][Image: Button-You-Tube2.png][Image: Button-Sound-Cloud2.png][Image: Button-Audio-Mack2.png]
[Image: LS-Banner.gif]
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }
Meh... I only worked on 3 hair style charactersets for my project since last time.

Oh, wait. Laughing 3 hair styles with 6 colors each for two genders equals to 36 of my custom 144 frame charactersets. Laughing + Tongue sticking out Oh, wow... over 5000 frames edited.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
So I'm creating a second fog on the map since I've altered the window size and Plane is internally 640 wide, so this one fills the gap. ... only for whatever reason any extra additions don't dispose with the scene. And the SDK has an auto-dispose system so I shouldn't need to create a dispose definition. ... right?

Goddamnit SDK. So useful and yet so annoying.
Reply }
I'm currently trying to decide whether or not I want to continue working on my mini-game. I had it finished to 98% before my data loss and now I'm back to where I was in January and I would have to redo many things that I'm not looking forward to doing all over again. But that's not even the problem here. The bigger problem are the credits. I'm highly afraid that I will forget or overlook to mention people who've helped me with this at some point or whose work I'm using. For example, I was able to recover this one BGM that I was using with a Data-restore program from an USB stick where I had a younger copy on at some point. However, it's renamed to a number. And I can't remember how I got it, so I can't look it up.
It bugs me. One one hand I don't want to give this project up, on the other hand I get the feeling that even if I do work on it again I won't be happy. *drop*
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
Just wrote a script for changing window properties in frames, but I'm facing an issue with stacking errors whenever I reset because the script aliases Window.initialize and Window.update.
Reply }
Trying to get new ideas for my book, which is the base for my game.
[Image: 76561198077561206.png]
Reply }
does anyone else find difficulty in writing characters of opposite gender? my gf tells me my female characters aren't realistic.

the first major female character in my game is a gross, gold digging sea hag who's queen of a pirate cult that worships a long forgotten sea deity. the second is a singer who cheated on her boyfriend because he wasn't emotionally up to par, and stole his boat keys with the intention of wrecking it. she eventually gives the main character the boat keys after the story of how she, the sea hag, the boat's owner and the 'other man' are all involved in a soap opera-esque lovetangle.

then there is the sea hag's sister, who is freed from captivity, but is killed after reuniting with the party, and an angel who was a girl that drowned.

how do these compare to realistic female characters? i look at other rpgs, The girl from FF6 could just as easily be male, Tifa from ff7, and jessica from dragon quest 8 are basically boobs on legs. the main girls from ff8 and ff9 are damsels in distress, similar from jesse on the real adventure of johnny quest.

where can i look for a realistic portrayal? i can only think about the world from a male brain, which is motivated uniquely by factors of either having to poop, or wanting to sex. are there any realistic frmale characters in games nowadays?
Reply }
I don't think it has much to do with your gender. I'm female and I'm more at ease writing male characters over female ones. It just so happens that I have more practice with writing the former.
However, depending on what kind of game/story you're making, I don't think that realism is the main factor to look at. Rather: are the characters believable? Videogame characters don't have to be 100% realistic. It matters more that they are memorable and that they act in a way that makes sense (at the very least to them self in their logic). Girls in games are often really strong or really weak. It's hard to find that middle ground but that may well be because it is hard in real live as well. For everyone.
Besides, the world the characters are determines if they are realistic or not.
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
I'm feeling pretty excited about releasing this script.

[Image: iyne2q.png]

This script lets end-users mix and match certain windowskin parts to create an entirely original skin. It will also convert pieces which are stand-alone (a background, a cursor, etc.) or were intended to be used with RPG Maker VX (Ace). You can even change the hue for each piece.

I'm using a few VX skins made by Olivia, with the paused graphic coming from VX Ace.
Reply }