Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
 What's on your mind?
Not long ago I learned about the origins of diesel fuel and I was shocked to hear that true diesel was made of peanut butter instead of oil drilled and pumped up from the dark depths of Earth. Man, if humankind had kept using biodiesel, our current environmental footprint could be so much lower than it is nowadays. It's amazing how oil producers have taken (just partial?) control of our modern economies and will keep doing so till there is no more oil to burn. BTW, it's not true that it's impossible to create / produce petroil but we would need a lot of the garbage that is now used to produced electricity in countries like those of Skandinavia. How long will it take for us to move from oil to hydrogen or electricity or biodiesel? Will the end come before we change our minds? Time will tell us, sadly it may take a long time to answer these couple of important or vital questions.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
Where i live at least, wind energy is huge. Tons of acres of wind farms everywhere
Quotes
Reply }
I can't bare to talk about energy any more because I know how deep this hole goes. To give an example, the simple fact that a teenager could make a torch that runs on the heat from your hands using technology that is up to 40 years old proves how influenced the energy industry is by the corporations that own all the oil.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/vi...-hand.html
Genius? Not in my opinion. But if she can, why can't billion dollar corporations?
Yes, exactly.
Reply }
because this is the most profitable time in human history, and this world is run on that business model to ensure we all keep consuming and spending and mindlessly working ourselves into the ground while the world we built on our own apathy crumbles around us.
Reply }
I've been accepted as a trainee teacher and will start my one-year course in September. :D
Before offering you a place you have to have a degree, attend a 30 minute interview, make an oral presentation in front of a group and do 2 written exams. Hard work! It's what I was doing all this week, preparing for all those.

The course involves a few weeks at the University of Brighton then 20 weeks of the school year are spent observing and teaching in schools! I'm really happy and relieved to have been offered a spot.
Reply }
People like her are some of the reasons why I'm proud to be Canadian.

though, Multiculturalism is a biggie.
"Turning iron ore into iron swords is a hard process, for one must first dig out the rock, and melt it to refine it, then one must pour that metal into a mould, let it cool a bit, and pound on it while it cools even further. Games are no different." - Ahzoh

Universal Declaration of Human Rights in Vrkhazhian
ʾEšol ḵavud ʾelẕakud lav ʾezʾaẕud zwazaršeru ya lit žalneru lav lit t͛enud. Ṗal sa-ražheru lav raržižu paplam lav ṗal widsaṟam bemaḵu šuku lit ʾeyṭu waẏnilaẇ.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Reply }
I started to watch a Let's Play by one of my favourite Let's Players. It's an RPG maker game that is aparently very popular. The game is called "Ib"
After watching all the videos online so far, I started to do some research, see if there's a Fanart or two of it.
HOLY CRAP, why is this so popular?!
There are so many Fanarts of it! And really, REALLY good ones at that! There's Doujinshis (<-Fan Mangas) of it! It has a own SECTION on FanFiction.net! A RPG MAker game! WTF! (And it has five times the amount of stories there then the entire Grandia series! In english alone! *feels offended as a Grandia Fan*)
I mean, the game is good from what I've seen so far, and I do like it, but still...what the hell.
I know it has multible endings aparently, and it is transtlated into quite a number of languages, but again: what? It is not THAT good. There are some elements to the plot you can see from a mile away, things you have seen countless times before. You KNOW what certain characters will be, especially since it's originally a Japanese game.
Again, don't get me wrong. It is a good game and I am happy that an RPG Maker game has such a dedicated following and is this famous (so far I've only experienced this with Vampires Dawn. And that was popular on a diffrent level) but really. What. The. Hell.

PS: No spoilers please, if you do know it.
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
people like the storyline? I dunno why you're freaking out about it. I mean clearly it must be a good game.

and who said RPG maker can't make popular games like that? who knows? Maybe I could make a game that's popular.

there are some game that re poorly produced that still become popular.

as for the characters and elements, it's called using tropes; they're common but not cliche and they still make the story great.
"Turning iron ore into iron swords is a hard process, for one must first dig out the rock, and melt it to refine it, then one must pour that metal into a mould, let it cool a bit, and pound on it while it cools even further. Games are no different." - Ahzoh

ʾEšol ḵavud ʾelẕakud lav ʾezʾaẕud zwazaršeru ya lit žalneru lav lit t͛enud. Ṗal sa-ražheru lav raržižu paplam lav ṗal widsaṟam bemaḵu šuku lit ʾeyṭu waẏnilaẇ.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Reply }
Just to be clear: I have no problem with this game being popular, nor am I angry about it.
I am just confused as to why this game specifially has gained such a huge following XD I can see it being popular, I really can. Just not quite why to this extreme. Yet, anyway, I might see it once I know the rest of it.
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
I dunno why certain games are popular either, just look at touhou, it's an indie game and look how popular that is.

Reply }