Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 RPG Maker Changes Publishers
Hello and good day to all!

I'm just posting this to let everybody know RPG Maker is changing publishers.

Here is the official post from the RPGMakerWeb blog. I've quoted it below (with relevant links).

Quote:Starting last month, Gotcha Gotcha Games, the developer of RPG Maker, has also taken over as the publisher of RPG Maker. But don’t worry, this isn’t the end of RPG Maker for Komodo, or the community we have built together! We will still be working together with Gotcha Gotcha Games to support the community and make your RPG Maker games come to life.

Komodo will continue to publish new DLC for the current engines. Additionally, we will still handle the RPGMakerWeb branded site, forums, and social media. Finally, the Komodo Plaza (formerly Degica Shop) will remain the home for standalone, non-Steam purchases of RPG Maker and its DLC.

But, while some things will remain the same, there will of course still be changes. For future technical support for the Maker, or help with any DLC released by Gotcha Gotcha Games (the ones with the Official DLC ribbon on the banners), please contact Gotcha Gotcha Games RPG Maker support HERE. For questions or problems with Komodo Plaza sales or about DLC published by Komodo, please continue to use the RPGMakerWeb support channels.

RPG Maker continues, and we hope that we at Komodo can continue to help all of you make  your dreams of making a game come true.

I am not affiliated with any of the above parties so I can't comment on the state of RPG Maker brand or the behind-the-scenes of the business itself.

I love RPG Maker and hope that everything is going good business wise.

We are definitely in interesting times and the things going on these days have reverberating effects on all businesses and walks of life.

If anybody knows the health of the companies involved or have any news regarding RPG Maker brand, please share it.

Thank you all and take care!
[Image: Button-BOTB.png]
[Image: Save-Point.gif][Image: Button-You-Tube2.png][Image: Button-Sound-Cloud2.png][Image: Button-Audio-Mack2.png]
[Image: LS-Banner.gif]
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

}
So far it only seems to be an internal restructuring with low probability of affecting users like us. Actually, we should have gotten used to this. Keep in mind how it started with ASCII, only to be succeeded by EnterBrainless. Later on it was Kadowaka backing it up. Changing the publisher once again is no blow to the franchise at all.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
}