Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
 A Short Odyssey
A Short Odyssey

by Kyonides Arkanthes

Introduction

This is some sort of concept game and probably I will never finish it as usual. Laughing

Screenshots

[Image: ashortodyssey01.jpg][Image: ashortodyssey02.jpg]
[Image: ashortodyssey640.jpg] [Image: ashortodyssey800.jpg]

It's on the works so don't expect me to tell you lots of stuff concerning its plot for there isn't any as of yet. Happy with a sweat

Characters
  • Aluxes
  • Basil
  • Estelle
  • Felix
  • Melana
  • Wulfo

If you have paid attention to KScenario XP thread lately, you'll guess what it tells you about Melana, so the only unknown character would be Wulfo himself! Laughing Lani wasn't cast as part of the heroic staff for she never provided a character set that could properly represent her. Laughing + Tongue sticking out
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
This looks funny.
But I'm wondering where the kyonides character is hiding.
Reply }
First Screenshot or How It Might Eventually Look Like

[Image: ashortodyssey03.jpg]
Yeah, the name will vary depending on who's willing to buy candies there. Laughing

Didn't I forewarn you that I suck at mapping? Laughing Even so I edited a couple of tiles to make it possible to find such shops in Cherry Town.

@Melana: You know, that's a still mystery even for the game developer! Shocked
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
Game Dev's News!

Wulfo doesn't seem to be convincing enough to enter a mysterious place located in Cherry Town! Shocked

[Image: shot2019-07-06225322.png] [Image: shot2019-07-06225356.png]

[Image: shot2019-07-06225659.png] [Image: shot2019-07-06225707.png]
[Image: shot2019-07-06225711.png] [Image: shot2019-07-06225716.png]

How weird! Confused Melana and all of her collection of evil spells didn't make any difference either. Shocked By the way, Melana, don't be so aggressive! People dislike rude girls even if they're powerful witches! Laughing

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
Hey, usually I'm not that aggressive. :o
Actually, I'm the complete opposite.
Reply }
An Cute Elvish Intruder!

[Image: kscenariogosu03.jpg]

Here I have come back to show you guys a new character based on one of the blood elves you can find online and the slightly decent face maker tool. She is called Arylianas and she is not going to stand still at all for she has a mission... or she just need to get out of her elvish villa once for all! Laughing Would she survive with her elvish skills only? Will she play along with anybody else?

I know I have taken a screenshot of the Gosu version of my game project but the point still remains the same here. Laughing + Tongue sticking out And nope, you are not watching any strange sci fi TV show, the legend does say Tools since I will let the player use them as something separate from the usual suspects, I mean, items. Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
Someone elvish? Blonde? Well, no one I recognize.

(07-10-2019, 04:11 PM)Melana Wrote: Hey, usually I'm not that aggressive. :o
Actually, I'm the complete opposite.

Oh, don't worry! Laughing Spend an hour chatting with 'Sharky' and you'll get there. Winking with a tongue sticking out
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Another Game Update!?

I have been working on A Short Odyssey a little bit lately so I started mapping the Naoxe Desert, an obviously desolate place but I am not good at mapping. Confused 

[Image: shot2019-07-13221718.png]

I have no slight idea of what I am doing there! Laughing + Tongue sticking out
By the way I have already picked the soundtrack for this map and it does sound discouraging. Happy with a sweat It is entitled A Lament for a Warrior's Soul, composed by RandomMind.

Only Aluxes would ever pick a desert as his favorite place to start a new story! Laughing

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
(07-14-2019, 05:22 AM)kyonides Wrote:
Another Game Update!?

I have been working on A Short Odyssey a little bit lately so I started mapping the Naoxe Desert, an obviously desolate place but I am not good at mapping. Confused 

[Image: shot2019-07-13221718.png]

I have no slight idea of what I am doing there! Laughing + Tongue sticking out
By the way I have already picked the soundtrack for this map and it does sound discouraging. Happy with a sweat It is entitled A Lament for a Warrior's Soul, composed by RandomMind.

Only Aluxes would ever pick a desert as his favorite place to start a new story! Laughing

I know the feeling when it comes to mapping. I'm not that good at it either.
Reply }
Hey, it's a desert. Usually, the land is barren and you just see sand in all direction. Laughing SO that plays with your strength. DON'T PUT JACK IN IT AND MAKE THE HEROES GET LOST IN A MAP WITH NUTHIN' TO SEE!!!! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Might make a player go nuts if he's in a nearly barren desert map that's a whopping 500x500 tiles. Alfred Hitchcock loved to Torture the audience... as he put it.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }