Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Which kind of battle system do you enjoy the most?
Which kind of battle system do you enjoy the most?

its a pretty easy question but i would like to find out what is more popular, the option is between Action Battle Systems and Side View Battle System?

I Prefer Action Battle Systems (Abs) and my favorite which i am using for my game since on the website he said that it can be used for commercial games as well as non-commercial games.
Reply }
I'm more of an action kind of guy... and I don't like waiting, so I pick ABS. :P
Reply }
Me too but i don't see many Rpg games around that are Abs so i began to wonder what developers are doing.
Reply }
Well, ABS systems are almost rewrites of the entire Scene_Battle system and add-ons for them are comparably few and far between. And there is no standard so an actual add-on for one ABS system may not work on another ABS system. That, and most allow for just single-player controls. Some don't handle party AI that well.

Meanwhile, a sideview battlesystem is really (more or less) a graphic rewrite system, making your frontview battlesystem LOOK sideview. Some may be more in-depth and have actual battlesystem code that rewrites Scene_Battle. But since the actual battlesystem itself is based on Scene_Battle, there is a larger variety of add-ons you can use with your battlesystem.

*shrugs*

Working with an ABS system by Mr.Mo right now. It's the only one I know that works with the NetPlay 2.0 Online Play system. Cheery Trying to make it hack n slash more like Diablo.

Even so, a good sideview system allows you to control a good sized party. And who can pass up leading a small army against a hoard of demons and orcs? Especially if a well crafted visual tour-de-force? Gotta go sideview here.
Reply }
Well it seems that everyone loves easy to make stuff.
anyway the first part of what you said was really irrelevant because we are talking about game play and how much you enjoy it.
i take it that you are not the action type like Punk.
Reply }
I have to say sideview since it's is extremly easy to add charsets especially if you using Paradog SVBS since there's no need to use a battlers for party members at all. since the charsets act as the battlers. Also it's even more fun if you can gen 4 party members plus support to actually help the party members.
Reply }
Yeah my topic is alive again!
still i think ABS are the best as witht action you can hardly show that to gamers.
Reply }
I absolutely HATE ABS systems in 2 dimensional four-direction games. It just doesn't work, at all. I can't stand playing them. Yes, every game I made used to use them, but then I wasn't actually playing the game so I didn't notice how absolutely god-awful and gameplayless it made it. I've never seen a 2d 4-dir ABS done well.

Personally I prefer sideview in a 2D game - Final Fantasy esque if you like. But with at least something imaginative added.
Reply }
you only say that because of square enix!

sit down and think about it, the games that you played were probably garbage to begin with!
also the developers are so half assed that they fall short on th story because of the functionality of the abs, while side view are simple which allow the half assed developer to focus more on story than actual game play.
Reply }
Wyatt Wrote:I absolutely HATE ABS systems in 2 dimensional four-direction games. It just doesn't work, at all. I can't stand playing them. Yes, every game I made used to use them, but then I wasn't actually playing the game so I didn't notice how absolutely god-awful and gameplayless it made it. I've never seen a 2d 4-dir ABS done well.

Personally I prefer sideview in a 2D game - Final Fantasy esque if you like. But with at least something imaginative added.
I agree with this! Well, I enjoyed playing Zeldas in 2D, but ABS systems on RPG Maker are just awful in my opinion. And I really mean it, when I see a project on RPG Maker and I read "ABS", I don't want to download it at all.
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Popular Battle Systems kyonides 6 6,296 02-24-2022, 10:40 PM
Last Post: kyonides
Sad  RPG MKER XP tile system should be in VX and MV MoonBeamDust 3 6,028 04-24-2016, 03:34 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   my Game Battle Questions! JayRay 3 5,850 08-08-2015, 08:01 PM
Last Post: JayRay
  New Battle System! Raphael Rpg Games 6 8,856 12-15-2013, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Raphael Rpg Games
  Non-Linear Phenogram of Battle Initiation Taylor 10 13,067 04-17-2013, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Taylor
   Have you seen Melody Battle Engine? computerwizoo7 2 6,180 05-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Last Post: computerwizoo7
   Battling Aspects of a Boss battle fgsfds 4 6,824 03-18-2010, 05:30 PM
Last Post: AGAFURO
   What Makes an Event System DerVVulfman 8 12,829 01-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Last Post: Bolt
   RPG Maker Achievement System part 2. PK8 8 17,176 09-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Last Post: XP Kobold
   RPG Maker Achievement System DerVVulfman 12 19,655 07-31-2009, 01:22 AM
Last Post: PK8