Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RPG Inventor
Introducing RPG Inventor, the first ever RPG Editor designed to work both on PC and XBOX 360, RPG Inventor was solely designed to give the ability for any user to create their own unique RPG, without having the need to have an in-depth knowledge about games programming. The powerful user interface currently supports the following Features:

* Create new /edit RPG Inventor projects.
* Create and edit highly detailed 3-layer maps/battle areas with the feature of using unlimited tile sets and auto tiles.
* Supports RPG MAKER XP TILE SETS.
* Supports RPG MAKER XP non-Animated Auto Tiles and Animated Auto-Tiles.
* Supports Importable custom bitmap resources (.bmp, .gif, .png, .jpg).
* Supports Importable custom audio(.mp3, .mid).
* Tile Walkability toggle - allows you to define if a tile is Walkable, Passable(used on top of non walkable tiles to allow passage)
or Not Walkable.
* Tile Flat Texture Toggle (used when a tile is on layer 1 or above and you want it always to be drawn behind the character).
* Tile Z-Order modify (controls the draw order of the tile - used for when a tile/s are not drawing over or behind the character
properly).
* Event Editing facilities, which include Map Start and Change.
* Supports the assignment of a sound to a specified Map (normally used for background music).
* Supports opening existing maps.
* Supports saving existing maps.
* Create new/edit characters.
* Setup initial party
* Supports testing and playing of your created game.

mimimum requirements:
* Windows XP Service Pack 3
* A graphics card that supports DirectX 9.0c and Shader Model 1.1 is required
* .NET Framework 3.5 or higher is required.
* 3.1 xna Framework
* amd athlon 64 2800 or P4 Intel 2.8Ghz
* RAM 512MB (1GB Recommended)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en(.net framework)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en (3.1 xna framework)

screenshots:
Content Hidden
Content Hidden
Content Hidden
Content Hidden
Content Hidden
Content Hidden
Content Hidden

video link
[Image: th_gamecapture-20090911-0508027-Conver.jpg]

Sorry if i have repeated any information from my website, or other posts i have made.

Link to alpha version(0.0.4.1) will be on my website when I have confirmation that it is working (from other users).
Reply }
I'm currently reading your thread at the moment, I'm afraid I'm going to have to move it over to The Canvas as it isn't an RPG Maker project.

Edit: I'm sorry for being really horrible at giving feedback but I wish you luck with it. :)
Reply }
Olivia Wrote:I tried it out but it is not easily viewable with a netbook resolution like mine. Looks great though, I can help you with the graphics which I am good at, but not drawing though.

If you would help me out with graphics i would appreciate it very much.
I have just finished making my own interface now, as the one used in the current version, you may notice it is very power hungry, so i have made my own which already improves
cpu usuage by 13%, frame rate goes up to 60fps (before loading a map) .

So expect the next version to be alot quicker
Reply }
Does it only support 32x32? Is it possible to lower the resolution if i want to work with smaller sized graphics?
Does it support 4 directional passage? One of the reasons i wont touch VX :/
Reply }
this version does not, but in future versions i plan to support the ability to change the custom tile size (on new project), but all maps will then use that speicifed tile size.

also what exactly do you mean by 4 directional passge?? (i think i know what you mena but i wan a confirmation just to make sure)
the system i have currently works very similar to xp, but slightly different as you actually edit the passge settings on each map per layer, giving more flexibilitty.
Reply }
He's referring to the ability to set up map 'tiles' so you can move 1 to 4 directions at a time. Like setting a LADDER tile to only permit up/down movement.

Code:
like this...    
  ^
< X >
  v

Ergo, you would disable the left and right passage flags on that tile so it would look:

Code:
like this...    
  ^
  X  
  v

You would have to have it set up in your 'tileset editor' system to use.
Reply }
ahh i see, yes i am going to set up that for the program as just the tile walkability per each tile is not enough in some situations
plus i may change it to boundaries(rectangular areas which are able to be setup by dragging the mouse) instead of just limiting it to tiles, although this would make the program even more complicated

Edit: The link for RPG Inventor Alpha Version 0.0.4.1 is now back again yay!
http://hosting.dkt-solutions.com/jennyne...ventor.rar

Other Links:
User Guide
Reply }
Hey, I was wondering would this work on Windows 7 because that's what I am using and the program won't start. It just says RPG Inventor has stopped working. I've tried it in compatibility mode too.

Also if you are going with walkability by tiles, is it set up so that you can just make it walkable or not there or do you have to go into some sort of database? That is the only thing that I liked about VX. Another suggestion would be to make more layers.
The interface looks good, but the File, layer mode etc... Are those buttons? You can give them a more bevel look so it actually looks like you can press it.

Other than those few things, it looks like it's coming along really well. I want to try it out, but alas. I can't. I want to see how you made the event making stuff work (if you've done that yet).
Reply }
In my opinion 3 layers are perfect, as you can already use events to add whatever little thing you missed.

Here's a little thing you can add to your to do list, this may sound like a bad suggestion to some, but as a character/Ch-template spriter i wish XP had a moving character in the database area like RM2k3 does.
This just cuts down on the testing time where i'm always having to use test play to see if a limb moves the wrong way.

If anything have it so that the character takes about 4 steps in each direction and loop it, that would help some of us i think.

Edit:
Thanks for the better explanation DerVVulfman.
Reply }
Will be trying this out (if my computer can take it). Can you use any tileset on the same map? That would be cool! Anyway, I'm glad someone is trying to fix the problems with the program, should be interesting to see what you have.
Reply }