Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
 Weird Science
Not from the producers of "The Real Life Version of Skynet" made a ChatBot... Confused

Quote:Is “Judgment Day” here?

Hong Kong scientists bridged the gap between sci-fi and real life after creating a robot that can transform from solid to liquid like a real-life T-1000 robot from “Terminator 2.” A study detailing the cybernetic shapeshifter was published last month in the journal Matter.

“Giving robots the ability to switch between liquid and solid states endows them with more functionality,” said Chengfeng Pan, an engineer at the Chinese University of Hong Kong who spearheaded the groundbreaking study, said in a statement.

Happy with a sweat Could anyone tell the Corona-Chan Chinese Mad Scientist lunatics that they should immediately stop watching the Terminator movies?

Quote:The robot, dubbed “magnetoactive phase transitional matter (MPTM),” was reportedly created to combine the structural integrity and strength of traditional robots with the flexibility of their soft counterpart, Smithsonian magazine reported.
MPTM was inspired by the sea cucumber, a marine invertebrate that can “can very rapidly and reversibly change their stiffness,” according to senior author and mechanical engineer Carmel Majidi of Carnegie Mellon University.
Researchers created the robot out of a metal called gallium — which has a low melting point of about 86 degrees Fahrenheit. They then infused it with magnetic particles, which allow scientists to control how they melt or move.

“The magnetic particles here have two roles,” explained Majidi. “One is that they make the material responsive to an alternating magnetic field, so you can, through induction, heat up the material and cause the phase change.”

He added, “But the magnetic particles also give the robots mobility and the ability to move in response to the magnetic field.”

After melting like mercury, the material then immediately reverts back to its original solid form via ambient cooling.

An accompanying video shows the MPTM liquefying to escape a cage before glomming back together, again much like the iconic jailbreak scene from “Terminator 2.” Other feats included jumping up to 20 times its body length, scaling walls, and even soldering a circuit board, Smithsonian mag reported.

Shocked Hey Schwarzenegger! We got Reporter news for you! You have finally become Expendable! Tongue sticking out
Thinking How long would it take to see Microsoft asking Hong Kong to create their first Terminator agent in exchange for a deranged AI that we all know very well by now?
Happy with a sweat Don't feel depressed, guys! They can't become time travelers... Thinking but I can't guarantee those agents won't start chasing down anybody named Connor or O'Connor and the like in the not so near future. Laughing
I really wanna be totally wrong about that last assumption, my dear readers. Confused
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Weird Science - by kyonides - 08-02-2020, 11:05 PM
RE: Weird Science - by kyonides - 08-12-2020, 02:01 AM
RE: Weird Science - by kyonides - 08-19-2020, 12:26 AM
RE: Weird Science - by kyonides - 11-04-2020, 02:03 AM
RE: Weird Science - by kyonides - 03-24-2022, 09:19 PM
RE: Weird Science - by kyonides - 09-23-2022, 02:22 AM
RE: Weird Science - by kyonides - 10-26-2022, 01:55 PM
RE: Weird Science - by kyonides - 01-08-2023, 08:39 AM
RE: Weird Science - by DerVVulfman - 02-01-2023, 02:43 PM
RE: Weird Science - by kyonides - 02-19-2023, 08:13 AM