Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
 Weird Science
The Coronavirus Has a Weakness

Disclaimer: I'm fully aware the source is in Spanish only but it's not my fault. BBC News didn't seem to quickly translate it to English for the discovery was made in Mexico and not in any English speaking country.

https://www.bbc.com/mundo/noticias-53812444

Why should this discovery be sensational at all? Happy with a sweat 
The reason behind this impulse is that it was not MEDICINE but PHYSICS what let us now learn about a total new way to fight Corona-Chan and reduce the risk of letting the virus mutate many times in order to increase its chances of defeating the human antibodies.
Huh? Physics you say!?
Grinning Yes, Physics!

A Mexican scientist found out that the SARS-CoV-2 and its cousin number 1 share a common trait, their spike has a POSITIVE magnetic charge. It's not just its own or the receptor's shape and aminoacids what lets it enter your cells with ease, its charge is an important factor as well. The attraction is what makes them get near the ACE2 receptor, a very specific enzyme receptor found in your heart, your lungs, your kidneys and your stomach. She altered this charge and it reduced its attraction some 30%! Shocked 

They're still studying this method and some other properties found in the virus spike to further increase the power of this alterations up to some 90%.
How would that ever be possible? Really?

Well, they've managed to block one of three energies that involved in the spike's ability to connect to the human cell receptor. By creating a polymer that could block all three of them would reduce its chances to harm you up to a point where your body could handle it on its own. Even people fearing their immune system would overreact would no longer get overwhelmed for it'd only need to take care of some 10% of the viruses. As far as they've studied it, the virus could not develop a resistance in time to turn the tide.

Let's see if we get more exciting scientific news in the near future! Grinning
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Weird Science - by kyonides - 08-02-2020, 11:05 PM
RE: Weird Science - by kyonides - 08-12-2020, 02:01 AM
RE: Weird Science - by kyonides - 08-19-2020, 12:26 AM
RE: Weird Science - by kyonides - 11-04-2020, 02:03 AM
RE: Weird Science - by kyonides - 03-24-2022, 09:19 PM
RE: Weird Science - by kyonides - 09-23-2022, 02:22 AM
RE: Weird Science - by kyonides - 10-26-2022, 01:55 PM
RE: Weird Science - by kyonides - 01-08-2023, 08:39 AM
RE: Weird Science - by DerVVulfman - 02-01-2023, 02:43 PM
RE: Weird Science - by kyonides - 02-19-2023, 08:13 AM