Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
 What's up, RMers?
I can't believe I turned Woratana's script into an event script.

[Image: 11vmxkn.png]

Edit: And in case anybody wants some serious brick-shitting proof...
[Image: 33mqzp2.png]
Reply }
Have been busy with stuff, got side-tracked and not worked on my project for like half a year or so.

But now I pretty much decided to get back on track again and basically "freaking finish this stupid game once and for all". I started off by finishing a couple of half-finished maps and work a bit more on the intro sequence which didn't turn out quite as well as I had hoped, and must now be reworked a bit.

Hate it when I only plan halfway ahead, and then the second half which I never planned out turns out to be incompatible with the first and actually planned out part, and thus I have to rework the first part which I thought I had planned out perfectly in order to make it match the part which I never planned from the start. If that makes any sense. =P
Reply }
oh for the love of fuck.... how did you make a project with 10000 variables and not die from lack of exercise/sunlight/social interaction?
Reply }
I believe that was automated by a script. The variables aren't all in use.

... yet.

... can't imagine why you'd need that many though. :T
Reply }
(04-09-2012, 01:40 AM)KasperKalamity Wrote: oh for the love of fuck.... how did you make a project with 10000 variables and not die from lack of exercise/sunlight/social interaction?
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Hahaha. Check your post for a 'Like' Winking

But today, I reworked the 6 hair colors and 10 hair styles (60 total) for the visual faces system of my message script (yeah... you can design your character's appearance). And then reworked the 10 eye colors for the 4 eye shapes available (40 eyes) for both my visual faces and battlesystem's paperdoll feature. Hrm... 40 eyes for two systems is 80 eye shapes. And with that, 60 hair styles.
Egad! Did I work on 120 sets of graphics in one day!?!?
Shocked

*DerVVulfman takes a nap*
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
I am having a great time remaking my old project! So much so, that I'll share a sneaky shot with you here!

This is taken fromt he underground caverns of the first realm, Misty Town. I have changed a section of the caverns into ruins, to make it a little more interesting.

Click HERE for the original XP map.

And click HERE for the new VX Ace map. Note I am still building this one, so excuse the lack of detail for now. n.n
[Image: Angel.gif]
[Image: RMVXB-1.png][Image: gMakerBar.png]
Reply }
I'm going to redesign my menu, I collected a lot of screenshots from commercial games, to realize that my screens were really poorly designed. I will follow my brother's advice and start from scrap on paper.
[Image: f7d70f7d-d21f-470a-b93d-fa23cfcfaeb5_zpsfe7368c0.png] [Image: facebook_icon.png] [Image: youtube_128x128-120x120.png] [Image: deviant.png] [Image: save-point.png]
Reply }
wow Dervv, i wish i had your work ethic. i can barely draw 6 tiles on my tileset in 3 hours without getting bored and fucking off for the rest of the day.

i get exhausted just trying to comprehend people's scripts. i look at them and just get this overwhelming idea of what a stupid ape i really am when it comes to being technologically literate. i'm no different when it comes to that than say, a gorilla with one of those popcorn lawnmowers that babies play with. i don't know how it all fits together, nor do i know the physics involved, but when it does pop it scares the shit outta me and i hurl feces at it.

don't get me wrong, my game is a labor of love, but i've never had a clearer, or scarier perspective of ehat it will really take to get it to be where i'm satisfied with it.
Reply }
(04-09-2012, 01:40 AM)KasperKalamity Wrote: oh for the love of fuck.... how did you make a project with 10000 variables and not die from lack of exercise/sunlight/social interaction?
Database Limit Breaker. :D Maximum amount of variables you could have is 5000.

(04-09-2012, 05:51 AM)Taylor Wrote: I believe that was automated by a script. The variables aren't all in use.

... yet.

... can't imagine why you'd need that many though. :T
Me neither.

(04-12-2012, 03:44 AM)KasperKalamity Wrote: wow Dervv, i wish i had your work ethic. i can barely draw 6 tiles on my tileset in 3 hours without getting bored and fucking off for the rest of the day.

i get exhausted just trying to comprehend people's scripts. i look at them and just get this overwhelming idea of what a stupid ape i really am when it comes to being technologically literate. i'm no different when it comes to that than say, a gorilla with one of those popcorn lawnmowers that babies play with. i don't know how it all fits together, nor do i know the physics involved, but when it does pop it scares the shit outta me and i hurl feces at it.

don't get me wrong, my game is a labor of love, but i've never had a clearer, or scarier perspective of ehat it will really take to get it to be where i'm satisfied with it.
A hud-building tutorial, Ruby-Lang.org, a cup of curiosity, and reading a few help files will do the trick. It's how I got started on transitioning from an eventer to a scripter.
Reply }
*DerVVulfman waves to Angel*
Hello. We have a Map and Screenshot thread. Winking You should see Charlie's screens in there. I'm surprised he says he thinks his menu are poorly designed. They've visually appealing.

Now I'm working with my custom charactersets for my ABS. If you've looked at the MrMo demo, you'll see that one charset has WAY more than 16 frames (4x4), but is got something like 144 frames... 4 frames / 4 directions... 9 sets of actions in each char. So today, I made 12 different sets of hair.

That's like... 1728 frames, right?

*Pratfall*

Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }