Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
 What's up, RMers?
Working on Data Backup Event System #2. This time it's moreorless based on my Data Backup script.
Reply }
I don't know if its intimidation or procrastination or just the natural cycle of practice, but I can't get myself to work on my animated battler templates, I keep working on other crap :3

Such as this crap...

Buzz Buzz

A piss-ant bug monster with badly unfinished shading, likes to sting you
with it's butt. Yeah, I'll do the sting you with its butt animation
tomorrow maybe.

[Image: buzzbuzz.gif]

Rockmole

While the glory hole is detailed, the rock monster isn't. I'm actually planning on scaling him down (he's at 3x pixels instead of 1x pixels) and then cleaning him up, turning him into a furry beast that likes to throw rocks and hide like a little bitch. And yes, in the end he'll have arms and hands instead of circles for hands.
[Image: rockmole.gif]

Anyways...

I'll get back to the human battlers templates as soon as I can, but I might run off and do a few more random monster battlers first just so I can get more comfortable animating. Wish me luck!
[Image: Button-BOTB.png]
[Image: Save-Point.gif][Image: Button-You-Tube2.png][Image: Button-Sound-Cloud2.png][Image: Button-Audio-Mack2.png]
[Image: LS-Banner.gif]
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }
Currently trying to get myself to make NPCs... I hate making NPCs, but this busy city would just be plain weird without any... T_T
[Image: Angel.gif]
[Image: RMVXB-1.png][Image: gMakerBar.png]
Reply }
Finished working on Data Backup Event System #2, now working on Dying on Game Map #3.

Oh, the joy of carrying my laptop to school.
Reply }
Created two new tunes, both of them are a theme for a stealth mission. Since there both basically the same tune but a little altered, the 2nd one is the more interesting of the two.

Silent Raid
Silent Raid

This is the 'calm' version of the track. You're sneaking around undetected (for the time being.)

Silent Raid II
Silent Raid II

The tension is a little higher; either you've got to hurry up or you've been caught and have to fight.
[Image: Button-BOTB.png]
[Image: Save-Point.gif][Image: Button-You-Tube2.png][Image: Button-Sound-Cloud2.png][Image: Button-Audio-Mack2.png]
[Image: LS-Banner.gif]
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }
After all of these years, I have finally figured out how to determine whether a CONSTANT is defined or not. This was probably a no-brainer to anybody else, but this is big news to me. Here I was thinking I can't ever make a conditional checking if constants were defined, and here it is, I feel stupid for not knowing about it until now.

Code:
self.class.const_defined?(:CONSTANT)

I might start using this a lot. Maybe.
Reply }
i made a fog. this probably doesn't need a thread made about it in the resource section. it's a relatively pointless resource, but it really changed the flavor of an area i was working on.

.png   technifog.png (Size: 232.02 KB / Downloads: 7)
Reply }
Gimp spotted. ^^
Funky.
Reply }
I decided to take inspiration from Rataime and try my hand at event-scripting a Passability Checker tool.

Screenshot #1
[Image: 1znpze1.png]

It still needed some work. I couldn't figure out how to get the passability sprite to scroll along with the screen. I did eventually, then I took this screenshot. I also hated how there was too much information in the very first screenshot, so I created some settings where creators can show/hide that.
[Image: 21kywqc.png]

Things to do:
  • Disable encounters, menus, and saving when checker is on.
  • If the checker is on, turn it off when the player is interacting with an event, turn it back on when the player isn't.
  • Map toggling of certain settings to buttons. (I'm thinking Double-Tap F7 activates the checker, F7+UP toggles passable tiles, F7+LEFT toggles direction-specific passable tiles, F7+DOWN toggles impassable tiles, F7+RIGHT toggles direction-specific impassable tiles)
Reply }
that hurts to look at. what exactly does it do? with that bridge you have in the first picture, are you supposed to have the feet at either end on land? i've always stuck them in the water as supports, and put the ends of the bridge flush with the ground. am i doing it wrong?
=============================
doing right now: i've been watching a bunch of really old, terrible movies (manos the hands of fate) and am going to try to put nods to them into my game. Right now the characters awaken from The Fade, and find themselves lying in a mostly empty home where a man named Torgo tends to the building while The Master is away. I also added a spell that "explodes sunlight" but can't figure out what to call it.
Reply }