Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
 What's up, RMers?
I might have been working on a script update but I decided I won't post it on the board since pretty much nobody inspired me to work on any special project or on any specific update. I know this sounds selfish but that might be the reason I call myself the Dark Scripter, hehehe.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
I've been slacking off lately on a lot of things. Just been watching Lets Plays on Youtube. > .>a The weather here's been hot, and so it's been too humid to brain gud. But I'm trying to get back into gear.
  • Added a function to sell all items in the store, specifically to deal with loot/material dropped by enemies. [As seen here.]
  • Finished updating a character's sprites to better resemble how they're supposed to look. - [OLD] [NEW] - One more to do...
  • Discussed with someone on a possible sub-job system. I messed with a pseudo job/class system before, for the sake of party flexibility, but later removed it because I felt it was convoluted and inconsistent in its rules. Hope to make something more straight-forward.
  • Speaking of consistency, went through healing items and skills to make power/language consistent. i.e. things like healing "a medium amount" are consistent for items. [Extra Credits discussed this sort of thing once even.]
  • Skills are less consistent, because they're affected by character INT, but their base should be the same.
  • Pondering the removal of the "Wait" command in battle. Waiting restores (2%+2) SP - the concern was that this could let the player too easily heal SP, and not have to go sleep. This might be something proper gameplay testing will better show.
Which, speaking of, I'll be glad to get to "actual" gameplay. Sometimes I fear my system/mechanics work is just me procrastinating on gameplay, mapping, sprites/tiles, and stuff like that. Because it's daunting.

p.s. for the love of god please disable the automatic twitter/youtube embed it's annoying as balls
Reply }
I wonder what else is needed in a skill menu besides the features already present in the default one, it can't be that simple, there's gotta be anything else once could add to that menu...
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
There could be a way to sort them by type. Sword Skills, Fire Spells, Healing Magic etc.
Reply }
Well, this is not supposed to be the right place to say this but that the truth is that such a feature is now available in KMainMenu KSkillMenu XP, Melana. So feel free to download the new version of my demo at any time.

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
I'm not sure if I should make a topic about this or not - but at the moment I'm wondering how to calculate the stats of the subclasses/subjobs I mention above.

Most of us should know how classes work in RMXP/VX/VXA - each one has their own set of stats and stat growth. I don't think just adding the two sets of stats together would work though, as the stats would only go up. I was thinking making base classes stats have something like 500 be their "0", have stats above/below that, and calculate percentage changes around that, but I dunno if that sounds a cheap way to do it...
Reply }
It wouldn't be the first time accomplished. Insofar as Dungeons and Dragons, your stats are based upon what level you are and is based upon an increase according to your class. It is your base stats plus a racial modifier that would be your static modifier of sorts.

So why NOT have a system where your FIGHTER class modifies your strength by 20pts, have a MAGE class that increases your skill points max while decreasing strength (unless you're a battlemage), or a thief that cannot use big weapons and gets a 20pt modifier to speed?
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying the stats are based upon level-up, rather than the defined values for the base and sub-classes?

I can't really do it this way, because I want the player to be able to actually change sub-classes at times. (I'm thinking of limiting it to save points, because the equip screen feels full enough, UI-wise.) This would set their stats to the values for that level, and give the appropriate skills. (Skills too would be partly from the base class, the rest granted by the sub-class.)
Reply }
Ah, well... Dungeons and Dragons was different for class changing. Your stats remain fixed until your new character class level stats supercede the old ones.

Yes, you can use points. I am for my game too. You could have special training points which only work for specified stats. Like, you get training points as a Fighter-type, you can only increase stats more often in strength (limited in agility or dexterity) and so on. Your sensei or guildmaster would control that... or whatever you'd use. An old script by Synthesize called Syn's Upgrade Customization could be what you're looking for as a base. It only does carte blanche increasing and doesn't care about class. I'm sure you can MAKE it care.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Due to the fact that RM only really has one skills array, if you have weird skill learning scripts, it's going to be a headache to manage them all. Looking at what code I had, it honestly looked a terrible mess.

I'm creating extra arrays for skills learnt by class, by subclass, by equipment, or by event. My hopes is this'll make it easier when one of these things tries to remove a skill, I can check if it exists because of one of the other arrays.

EDIT: Menu to equip subclasses is done. (Well, functionally. It still needs to look prettier.) Skills change. Stats don't yet though, still thinking about them.

EDIT: The other thing about stats though is the damage calculation. Lets take a look at my own... I thought I'd check what difference sqrt'ing it all is doing and uh...
[Image: wtu_damage2.PNG]
This is a graph of the damage value of a basic attack between a level 1 ally and basic enemy, and the same ally at level 99 and a guess enemy DEF.
153 to 3163, vs 12 to 56, roughly speaking.
Reply }