Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
 What's up, RMers?
I included your translation in the German version of my script after I finished translating the templates and a few other details the best I could. BTW, I already posted a topic on my Kuests XP script so people can download it from now on. Actually I dared to upload a Kexyana version of my demo just for fun.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
I devised the idea of a Fear System, that certain creatures would induce a fear status on the first encounter. The status itself causes the character to have reduced accuracy, with the character occasionally not attacking at all but rather shaking in fear. However, character gets increased speed.
The status effect is less severe with each encounter until it is altogether nonexistent.
However, I can't script and I know of no script that does this.

I'm also still including the idea of weather causing damage to characters.
"Turning iron ore into iron swords is a hard process, for one must first dig out the rock, and melt it to refine it, then one must pour that metal into a mould, let it cool a bit, and pound on it while it cools even further. Games are no different." - Ahzoh

Universal Declaration of Human Rights in Vrkhazhian
ʾEšol ḵavud ʾelẕakud lav ʾezʾaẕud zwazaršeru ya lit žalneru lav lit t͛enud. Ṗal sa-ražheru lav raržižu paplam lav ṗal widsaṟam bemaḵu šuku lit ʾeyṭu waẏnilaẇ.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Reply }
But how could they become faster if they are already shaking in fear? It could have been an interesting feature if it made more sense to me. Perhaps changing another stat could make it more appealing and reasonable, guarding might be a better option.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
(02-05-2016, 07:45 PM)kyonides Wrote: But how could they become faster if they are already shaking in fear? It could have been an interesting feature if it made more sense to me. Perhaps changing another stat could make it more appealing and reasonable, guarding might be a better option.

Because flight or fight response?
In the "flight", the character can run faster, but in the "fight", they are less accurate and steady, they would have a reduction in "nerve".

It is entirely possible for one to respond with flight, and then decide to respond with fight, and vice versa. One can also lose their nerve, becoming paralyzed in fear, or regain it. Hence the "chance of not being able to attack"; the character needs to "gain some nerve" before they can attack.

Do you see the logic now? However, I can't be 100% realistic here though.
"Turning iron ore into iron swords is a hard process, for one must first dig out the rock, and melt it to refine it, then one must pour that metal into a mould, let it cool a bit, and pound on it while it cools even further. Games are no different." - Ahzoh

ʾEšol ḵavud ʾelẕakud lav ʾezʾaẕud zwazaršeru ya lit žalneru lav lit t͛enud. Ṗal sa-ražheru lav raržižu paplam lav ṗal widsaṟam bemaḵu šuku lit ʾeyṭu waẏnilaẇ.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Reply }
I know that guarding is not realistic enough as a reaction whenever someone is shaking in fear but the other alternative I've found is to escape from battle. To fight back might still be possible but only true warriors or criminals would manage to overcome their issue in a timely fashion. At least that's how I see it.

Mmm, perhaps one could add some sort of spell to calm down people affected by this state.

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
(02-05-2016, 08:32 PM)kyonides Wrote: I know that guarding is not realistic enough as a reaction whenever someone is shaking in fear but the other alternative I've found is to escape from battle. To fight back might still be possible but only true warriors or criminals would manage to overcome their issue in a timely fashion. At least that's how I see it.

Mmm, perhaps one could add some sort of spell to calm down people affected by this state.

Not so, you do not need to be a "true warrior" to get some nerve and face your fear, ordinary people can do this.

Some characters might be more better at dealing with this. yes. And yes, an automatic fleeing may occur.
But overall, the system as I have described it is perfectly sensible and realistic.

Reply }
The thing is that such a feature doesn't have a single implementation because it might depend on which BS or Maker you are using currently.

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
(02-05-2016, 09:25 PM)kyonides Wrote: The thing is that such a feature doesn't have a single implementation because it might depend on which BS or Maker you are using currently.

Well, I'm hoping someone else would devise a script compatible with DerVV's Active Battle System script.

Reply }
Active Battle or Active Turn Battle like Final Fantasy? Or do you mean Lycan, an Action Battle System? To be honest, I was thinking about inserting something so companions could become a bit Fraidy-Cat about some things so it matches enemy reactions. But I have a few things on my plate.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
I thought "DerVV's Active Battle System" would make it clear I meant Lycan.
But now I see the problem is that I said "active" rather than "action".

Reply }