Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
 What's up, RMers?
I'm not sure if it's worth a new thread or anything but has anyone who's an active member here downloaded my recent event systems? Okay, remember how my event system settings would consist of CONSTANTS which looked like this:
Code:
PK8_(EventSystemShortNameHere)_(Setting) = "blahblah"
Examples:
Code:
PK8_AOPH_PID = 50

I'm thinking about housing all of my event system settings in a hash like this:
Code:
PK8_(EventSystemShortNameHere) = {}
PK8_(EventSystemShortNameHere)['setting'] = value
Example:
Code:
PK8_AOPH = {}
PK8_AOPH['a_pid'] = 50

Is this a good idea?

Reply }
Could be confusing. And if you add TOO much mechanics, you could screw something up.

Currently working on TWO different MrMo Addons.
1) A revision to the item system. I may even make ranged items like grenades
2) Battle Cries for MrMo's ABS. So each monster can have their own screams.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
I second what DVV said, PK8. It could end up confusing the newbie users if they are supposed to change something there. Newbies are so... newbies, you know... :)
[Image: f7d70f7d-d21f-470a-b93d-fa23cfcfaeb5_zpsfe7368c0.png] [Image: facebook_icon.png] [Image: youtube_128x128-120x120.png] [Image: deviant.png] [Image: save-point.png]
Reply }
Currently working on a new version of Arrow Over Player's Head 4, and I'm adding an ample amount of new features and customization options into the new version.
Reply }
I just learnt more in-depth HTML and CSS from start to finish.
http://metalrenardmusic.com/RebirthsRetribution.html
It's not much of a site but it uses a lot of functions.
Reply }
Here's what's up. Hey, DerVVulfman. If you're reading this, I have two words for you: "Scripting Bug."

Anyway, I'm going crazy adding a lot of new features into the new version of the Arrow Over Player's Head system. It's also getting a name change that's been long overdue.

Edit: Features include:
  • Sound cues
  • Setting whether the system would work only in maps listed in the "map_ids" setting or not.
  • System switch
  • New "Constant" mode. Unless a switch is turned on, the indicator will always be turned on, following the player around.
Reply }
Hey, PK8. I know you're reading this. Winking with a tongue sticking out Got one word for you... BOOOOOOM! I got throwable grenades worked out in my ABS scripts. Now I wanna make land mines. Did Zelda have actual land mines? Or Diablo?

Maybe set it up so you can't plant them in certain terrain tags, or they just lay there on solid rock. *shrugs* Dunno. Trip Wires may be fun too.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
(05-17-2011, 03:34 AM)DerVVulfman Wrote: Hey, PK8. I know you're reading this. Winking with a tongue sticking out Got one word for you... BOOOOOOM! I got throwable grenades worked out in my ABS scripts. Now I wanna make land mines. Did Zelda have actual land mines? Or Diablo?

Maybe set it up so you can't plant them in certain terrain tags, or they just lay there on solid rock. *shrugs* Dunno. Trip Wires may be fun too.
Nice! Damn, I haven't played a Legend of Zelda in ages. I really don't remember. Diablo? Never played it, so I wouldn't know. That would be pretty cool though.

What's up with me? I've just learned that other events can read the CONSTANTS I made in a common event! I called print PK8_AOPH in a regular event.

Reply }
Created another experimental loop:
http://soundcloud.com/xnadvance/steps

I find i'm getting a bit better with the whole fl studio software, just need more practice and learn some techniques that will work. ^^

Reply }
I haven't worked on AOPH at all due to being really busy last week. I should be able to release it at least by the end of this week.

Edit: All I have to do now is work on the readme, then make the VX version. Once I post it up, I'm going to try to see if I could squeeze in a few more features into the system.
Reply }