Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Peer pressured badly to switch engines?
(01-28-2023, 04:23 AM)JayRay Wrote: And besides. I'm not hating on Windows 8, I'm simply going on when an engine posts its requirements, you made it a point to go negative, a continued trend amongst most posts here that don't match your 'one and only' mentality towards other engines.

Seriously if you're going to go on a topic, to the point that where it strays from that topic to give you ANOTHER thread to promote that very topic, and you stray from that again to post more stuff about another engine's issues or lack thereof, I'm just going to give you the stage to babble incoherently to yourself.

You first claim that I am a hater for asking something that any other Win8 user would have asked any game engine dev around the world under similar circumstances. Where's the actual proof? Still waiting for it. So far I only said I hate Minecraft. Period.

At least Bakin added C#, that isn't my favorite language, while another one hasn't considered it seriously. That sole fact is a 1+ for Bakin and a -1 or even -5 for the other engine.

So now you're leaving the discussion because you failed to make me and perhaps any other forumers love MV like you do. That makes you sound more like somebody that doesn't like it as much as initially stated. Just saying.

Can't you accept the fact that there will always be people that won't ever make the move to later iterations of the engine series? Even if they purchase them, they could simply leave them sleep for the next century because it wasn't as satisfying as the devs had been telling them.

One of the points that I can easily admit is that MV and MZ still have many DLC's with graphical resources. Good, even so there are people like me that would purchase them but use them in XP or VX Ace instead just because it's possible. The music packs have no specific engine in mind except for those that include m4a files.

But one question has been lurking around ever since you started promoting two foreign engines here, or relatively unknown on the board, why did you pick MV if you were focusing in Bakin and that other similar engine already?

JayRay Wrote:I posted a simple event system that was drag and drop for RPG Developer Bakin, the method that allows text files to simply be dragged and dropped between projects and you came back with. "I would have to see it in English." You literally dissed a Japanese engine's format because you didn't understand its capabilities.. I talked about Bakin in the engine discussion, and you came across with just - well, I'm going to come out and say it. negativity.

Is it just negativity to point out that the engine also needed to be able to parse that event file in English instead of Japanese only!?

Going back to Wulfo's comment on RM2K and earlier installments, they were available on Japanese only and they weren't supposed to be used abroad like Don Miguel pretended. Since Bakin isn't supposed to make that "mistake" (or simply a business decision), why not worrying about making it work with English terms as well?

I'd praise them for making that improvement.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
}

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peer pressured badly to switch engines? - by kyonides - 01-28-2023, 04:53 AM
RE: What's up, RMers? - by Remi-chan - 01-26-2023, 10:39 AM
RE: What's up, RMers? - by Steel Beast 6Beets - 01-26-2023, 12:32 PM
RE: What's up, RMers? - by Remi-chan - 01-26-2023, 12:57 PM
RE: What's up, RMers? - by Steel Beast 6Beets - 01-26-2023, 01:55 PM
RE: What's up, RMers? - by Remi-chan - 01-26-2023, 02:05 PM
RE: What's up, RMers? - by DerVVulfman - 01-26-2023, 03:09 PM
RE: What's up, RMers? - by Steel Beast 6Beets - 01-26-2023, 04:53 PM
RE: What's up, RMers? - by Remi-chan - 01-26-2023, 05:38 PM
RE: What's up, RMers? - by Melana - 01-26-2023, 05:57 PM
RE: What's up, RMers? - by Steel Beast 6Beets - 01-26-2023, 06:20 PM
RE: What's up, RMers? - by DerVVulfman - 01-26-2023, 08:26 PM
RE: What's up, RMers? - by kyonides - 01-26-2023, 09:32 PM
RE: What's up, RMers? - by Remi-chan - 01-26-2023, 11:01 PM
RE: What's up, RMers? - by JayRay - 01-27-2023, 02:08 AM
RE: What's up, RMers? - by JayRay - 01-27-2023, 02:20 AM
RE: What's up, RMers? - by DerVVulfman - 01-27-2023, 05:07 AM
RE: What's up, RMers? - by kyonides - 01-27-2023, 05:15 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   VX versus XP. Your view upon the two engines. aerendyll 27 33,783 02-17-2010, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Xathia Vastar