Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 KGetRefund
KGetRefund

XP + VX + ACE

by Kyonides Arkanthes

Introduction

Thinking Have you ever considered implementing a refund badge like feature in your RM games?
Well, now you can do it! Grinning

How to Setup a Refund From the Very Beginning

Go to the KGet module and find the REFUND_ITEMS Hash there.
Occasion Options: :battle, :menu or :always

The XP Way

Includes Gold and Item
REFUND_ITEMS[ID] = { :occasion => Option, :gold => %, :item => [ItemID, Qty] }

Includes Gold but no Item
REFUND_ITEMS[ID] = { :occasion => Option, :gold => %, :item => [] }

Includes an Item but NO Gold
REFUND_ITEMS[ID] = { :occasion => Option, :gold => 0, :item => [ItemID, Qty] }

The VX and ACE Way

Leave a note tag in the corresponding refund badge.
Model:
<refund ItemID: Symbol Gold% ItemID Amount>

Example:
<refund 1: :battle 1 15 5>

How to Setup a Refund In Game

You can omit those values that you don't need to alter.
Default Values: :occasion => :always, :gold => 0, :item => []

Code:
item = $game_system.new_refund_item(ItemID)
item.occasion = :menu
item.gold = 25
item.item = [ItemID, Amount]

Terms & Conditions

Free for use in non commercial games.
Contact me if you are going commercial. As a payment, you can send me a copy of your game! Grinning
Include my nickname in your game credits! Grinning
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
VX ACE has been howling for a whole day!

Well, it seems like the ACE version of my script didn't like the idea of being excluded Happy with a sweat so I had to upload a brand new demo today.

I might admit that it doesn't look like your typical ACE script where you depend on note tags as usual.

Just Thinking think about it for a moment. Is it easy to find the exact item via note tags? What if you've got hundreds of them? Since that didn't look very promising, I preferred to use a Constant instead, namely REFUND_ACCESS_ID.

Thinking What might be put in the note box in a Look Up future version might be the list of refund items you would get if a given hero is wearing the so called refund badge at that specific moment.

For the meantime, enjoy the slightly funny demo! Grinning
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
Several Updates Have Taken Place Here

In all versions of KGetRefund I have changed the code as to let you use note tags like in VX and VX ACE or to let you get refunds without touching (or barely touching) any scene class code, as it was the case in XP.

The only consideration you might need to keep in mind would be that losing items via some event command won't let you get any refunds at all. Tongue sticking out
Who Knows? How should the script know why your team is losing those items anyway?

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }