Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kyonides and His One Shots

Seventh Story

They Keep Coming For More!

Written by Kyonides

"Boss, we've got a problem!", the young guy suddenly uttered.

"What makes you think we've got a problem? You're the one that'll get fired if you don't do something to fix it", the old guy replied.

"Huh? How am I supposed to solve it on my own?", the employee disagreed. "I do need lots of help here, boss!"

"Nope, you're just getting your ass kicked by yours truly if you don't move that ass and start doing your job!", the team lead intervened.

"Agreed!", the pissed off boss commented at once.

Now my friends, tell me if you know how to ever solve this problem of his.

There are like hundreds of customers that keep slipping into the virtual store's website in a fashion that is very similar to those days where Black Friday or Cyber Monday are taking place. He finishes helping a single patron but ten or even twenty soon replace him or her. How could he deal with all of their issues on his own?

What about the rest of the employees you ask? Well, that is a whole different story for sure. Let us suffice to say that they are enjoying their badly needed coffee break... that will last for over an hour today. And nope, his boss is a real slave trader that will not move a finger unless he is getting complains, all of them filed against our suffering clerk of course.

Didn't I tell you this before? He also has to assist real customers at the local store. All of these things at the same time. Oh and he is not allowed to even grab a single cup of coffee.

"No, that's not true, man!", the young employee complained. "I do drink some coffee. Yes, I gotta be careful enough as not to be spotted by my benevolent boss, but I still get one every so often."

If by every so often he means like once every other week, then he is definitely right about that. Meanwhile, his coworkers can spend lots of money on that beverage and many others. Heck, one of them actually got a raise just after making her first five sales. That or the boss is trying to hit on her any time soon...

Finally, our heroic clerk got a great idea that will make it way easier for him to assist all of his customers in a timely fashion.

"People, listen to me!", the young man addressed the noisy crowd. "The ones that needs support on Maker issues will go first. Those of you that have come with your inquiries on officially sanctioned console emulators will come next."

He made it! Surprisingly, he caused the multitude of customers to ask each other if they even knew what he was talking about. Thus, he was finally able to take a break. Isn't it great? Isn't gaming life the best?

Not quite. Soon a teenager came along with a very peculiar request. What was it all about?

"Sir, I need you to make a script that allows my character to earn as much gold as possible", the kiddo made his request.

"Alright, that sounds feasible to me!", our unnamed clerk asserted then.

"No, no! You got it wrong! It doesn't end up there", the young customer stated, adding. "This should only be possible if they have reached like level 27 and have found the Indestructible Gold Coin of Ararat before midnight after they started playing my game."

"Wow! Slow it down, young boy!", the employee exclaimed then. "You're not asking for a single and simple script here but for some sort of common event and also a custom clock script of sorts. When do you ever think you'd be finally getting that product of ours?"

"Now that you mention it, I demand it to be finished by this very same evening", the requestor informed him.

Our clerk had to make things clear, "How foolish! There's no way we could manage to get it all done by this weekend."

"Why not?", the boy inquired of him. "You've got nothing better to do here."

That was mind blowing indeed, still, the hardworking man had a trump card ready in his pocket for this kind of situations.

"I see, young boy", the clerk voiced. "Then you gotta be aware of the fact that you'd need to pay another forty dollars to get to the top 50 of our list. Upfront."

"Oh no, no!", the customer quickly reacted. "My budget can't exceed its ten-buck limit!"

"And that means that you can come back on Monday and see if we got there by then", the employee of the month let him know. "Here's your receipt. Have a nice gaming weekend!"

Here comes the next patron with a terrible face.

"Hi...", the girl said without lifting his sight even for a single moment. "I want you to fix me this script that I've found online. Please do it, sir!"

"Fine, let me take a look at it for you", the compassionate employee promised her.

Perhaps he should have refrained from doing so. It was an amateur's script made like over a decade ago.

"Do you realize that this is some low quality work at best, young girl?", the clerk had to ask her.

"Yes, I know", she painfully admitted. "But I've been working on my game based on this script's capabilities and it's impossible for me to go grab another one that might be full of totally unknown bugs I can't handle on my own."

"Girl, I can easily tell you gotta have fallen in love with these bugs of yours for sure!" the man made his sarcastic remark of the day.

This was the story of a poor clerk that had no other choice but to use all of the tricks he could think off to survive another day at his workplace. If you never felt identified with this guy at all during the whole recount of his recent experiences, feel free to relax now. Simply make sure you never underestimate the real value of your hard work. Or they will see you as a vending machine spewing drops of wisdom or free resources like crazy. Just saying.

The End!?
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Kyonides and His One Shots - by kyonides - 11-19-2021, 05:32 AM
RE: Kyonides and His One Shots - by kyonides - 11-22-2021, 05:57 AM
RE: Kyonides and His One Shots - by kyonides - 12-19-2021, 06:37 PM
RE: Kyonides and His One Shots - by kyonides - 12-20-2021, 07:03 AM
RE: Kyonides and His One Shots - by kyonides - 01-03-2022, 05:44 AM
RE: Kyonides and His One Shots - by kyonides - 10-26-2022, 04:21 PM
RE: Kyonides and His One Shots - by kyonides - 07-04-2023, 07:27 AM