Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saddening Rain

On hiatus. For new story updates please visit my accounts on FictionPress and other specialized websites.

Saddening Rain

Written by Kyonides

Chapter One

Arrival

Finally moving in. Nothing seems to be fun. Tomorrow will be my first day working as a patroller. A-ma-zing indeed. I, Brice Rockwell, have been wondering why I had ever thought that being a cop would be exciting, challenging or even desirable at all.

Modern small towns without cultural identity like Red Creek are boring to death, in my humble opinion. I would not be falling asleep if anybody, just anybody, suddenly showed up to make me change my mind. Besides the semi-rural environment, lots of trees, pollen and my momentary allergies, there is no such thing as a real threat to the general population. That is all I can say about this terrible place.

Yeah, you might be right if you would ever tell me that this forgotten town is doing me a favor. Hell, it will let me pay my bills so I guess I should be grateful and thank Amelia Hiss for telling me about enrolling in the police academy.

Hell, I better be honest with you right now. I do hate Amelia. That female is nothing but a true bratty girl, and yet, she managed to become a cop about the same time I did. I cannot even fathom how it is possible for such a disastrous brunette to get a job as an officer.

You could say she is sort of high breasted and that would be pretty much all the good things you can say about her. Well, perhaps I should also admit that I have pinched her buttocks once and they felt slightly good, full of muscles but still decent. Yet, she is not as tall as I expected when my friend Randolph told me about her. It got to be her hazel eyes what caught me off guard soon after meeting her that fateful evening in the closest big city…

Perhaps I should have listened to Randolph’s advice and not ever sleep with her. Yes, you are right. It is too late for your servitor. Not long after that kind of blind date, I spent a whole weekend at a wooden cabin lost in the midst of the wilderness. Guess who was my roommate there. And I loved hugging her in the evening while we were sitting on the porch, listening to the wind waving the treetops and also some owl. Perhaps one of them was waiting for a mate to join him!

At the same time I got to add that it was better than pretending to be a true Jägermeister that could take down lots of bears and drink whole bottles of such a drink at night. Alone. Full of bitterness. So I had to invite her no matter what my friend would tell me next week after learning all about it. She and her smooth skin got to be a lot better than listening to those nasty crickets and their unnerving melody all night long, right?

Some curious side note, Amelia certainly loves hunting. That freaky brunette even brought along her very own rifle! I guess she is not as bad as I first thought. Fine, she does not mean burping if she ever feels the need…

My Surprise Welcome Party?

Wait a second… My apartment’s key is not working, the door will not open no matter what I do. Is the lock broken? After we both spent hours looking for such a place I seriously doubt we had ever missed such a detail. Now that I think about it, there was no sign that the landlady would not take care of the repairs. In fact, she was busy waiting for a repairman to show up at any time to fix something on the next floor.

No, this is different. The lock’s brand does not match my keys’ at all. They even sport totally different logos! Darn landlady! That woman should have told me about any recent housebreaking events in the neighborhood, yet, she conveniently changed the topic whenever we could get close to such sensitive issues.

I am a cop, ain’t I? What am I waiting for? Do I really need some stupid backup only to deal with some insignificant crook? Of course not! As a trained officer I can deal and will certainly deal with this kind of situations at any moment.

Right, I ended up paying that darn lady a visit to ask her about the lock. Stop it! Do not ever think I am a coward! It just happens that I had no firearm. Even if I ever did, it would have remained in my apartment for I was off duty after all. She got to answer a few questions or else…

“No, sir!” Julia the landlady told me. “Why would I ever replace your lock out of the blue? The only thing I could promise you would be to call SFJ to come down and do the repairs for you.”

You might not know this but the repairman I have told you about a while ago is called SFJ by pretty much everybody around. It stands for Slick Fingers Jack. Yeah, I know. It is a terrible nickname and I would deeply hate the guy that came up with such a nonsense in the first place.

What makes it interesting is that I got a call that abruptly interrupted my improvised interrogatory. It got to be important or somebody is going to die tonight.

“Man, I finally recalled that guy’s name!” my contact Hugh asserted. “It’s Slick Fingers Jack. He’s the guy that had spent ten years in prison for the robbery. People say he’s truly reformed, still, I can’t buy that story at all. There’s always something fishy about that lowlife.”

I could not help myself but make an astounding revelation then, “Great, Hugh! Now guess who’s the landlady’s henchman in charge of all the repairs at my building.”

“Huh? Brice, you’re kidding me, right?” Hugh inquired of me.

“By the way, you might wanna also know that my lock has been replaced without notice while I was buying some groceries.”

“Oh man! I’ve told you to stop drinking that s-” he complained before I could interrupt him.

“So what if I drink some birch beer once in a while, man?” I asked him in response.

“Fine. Since you’re a cop I suppose you don’t feel like calling some colleagues to lend you a hand there” he correctly guessed at that moment.

“See ya, Hugh! Gotta go break some darn bones and be sure I’ll enjoy it” I simply confessed over the phone.

“No matter what you say, I’ll make sure you get some decent backup in a timely fashion, Brice” my wannabe best friend let me know before hanging up.

Climbing up the stairs seemed to be a tedious task. That lowlife deserved to be slashed like Jason’s victims! How dare he carelessly break into a cop’s apartment!? It got to be the most heinous crime in human history ever! He is gonna pay for what he has done. And that bastard will lose all fingers and toes in the process or I will stop calling myself Brice the patroller forever.

While getting close to the brown door, I was feeling itchy all of sudden. Hmph. There was a reason behind it after all. The door is now partially open. He could have run away with ease while I was distracted by that corrupt landlady and my unexpected phone call. We will see.

I stuck to the wall like a fly and picked the best moment to storm into my own apartment.

How disappointing! There was nobody but a little girl.

“So my cute intruder, what’s your name?” I questioned her in no time.

The kiddo replied with a smirk on her darn face, “They call me Melanie, old man.”

How dare such a little kid tell me I am an old man!? ME!? And old man? Damn it! I am just a young cop!

To be continued... Shocked
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Saddening Rain - by kyonides - 01-31-2022, 05:37 AM
RE: Saddening Rain - by kyonides - 02-28-2022, 05:58 AM