Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 F12: The Key with the Misconception.
A So Called Right to Reply!
Laughing

The misconception is NOT to call it a bug. You see, when an engine developed to extend ye old RM2K and its cousin RM2K3, they let a committer or participant include C and C++ code slightly based on the RGSS and Ruby code. That was a mistake! Shocked It also featured the some stupid F12 reset errors! So it's been definitely the F12 feature inclusion the one that's causing the troubles here.

Since XP they just reset Graphics, Audio, probably even Input, but they never reset Ruby itself! Angry So far it seems Ruby has never included a reset feature ever. Happy with a sweat  Because of this lack of vision on behalf of the Ruby core team, "DropBrain" just let the C++ side reload the whole bunch of scripts! (Not from memory but by reading the Scripts file once again...) If we were working with pure Ruby or any other OOP scripting language, you'll never reload the scripts!

In this sad scenario they could have done something about that like:

1. Just calling the Main script. (It might even work the best if it has been a hidden script and then do what's mentioned below.) Sarcasm
2. Do what I'm trying to achieve, to implement a simple script call to set the default starting script (the first script after Main) and let the F12 button call a hidden method to set a new value to $scene global variable. Laughing
3. Implement any other creative method anybody could come up with! Laughing + Tongue sticking out
4. Implement the fake but working solution: just use unless $@ at the end of the alias method. Confused
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
}

Messages In This Thread
RE: F12: The Key with the Misconception. - by kyonides - 06-13-2019, 07:39 AM