Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
 What's up, RMers?
Concept art of a steel golem:
[Image: YGms1Zhh.jpg]
"Turning iron ore into iron swords is a hard process, for one must first dig out the rock, and melt it to refine it, then one must pour that metal into a mould, let it cool a bit, and pound on it while it cools even further. Games are no different." - Ahzoh

Universal Declaration of Human Rights in Vrkhazhian
ʾEšol ḵavud ʾelẕakud lav ʾezʾaẕud zwazaršeru ya lit žalneru lav lit t͛enud. Ṗal sa-ražheru lav raržižu paplam lav ṗal widsaṟam bemaḵu šuku lit ʾeyṭu waẏnilaẇ.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Reply }
I'm still redesigning all of the already existing areas in my game since the flight feature makes it now possible to land everywhere at any place. So the game world will be alot more open to explore.
Reply }
In a revision of Kolloseum States XP script I implemented scan skill as a skill that needs to be casted at least 2 times, the first one so you can get the enemy's HP and the second one to retrieve its SP. I don't know if the rest of the stats should be scanned this way, too. Obviously it wouldn't consist of one stat per scan updates but a few scan per scan. In battle you wouldn't get to see more than the enemy's HP and SP but some sort of Bestiary would get updated after each scan.

Is it a good or a bad idea?
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
That sounds like a really cool, but really time-consuming idea  Confused 
Is there a way to change how much info you get per scan? So maybe you get HP and SP on the first scan, and the stats in the second?  Happy
[Image: SP1-ResourceHunter.png]
[Image: SP1-Director.png]

Destiny of End Thread: http://save-point.org/thread-5585.html
Destiny of End Twitter: https://twitter.com/DestinyofEnd
Destiny of End Youtube: (Coming soon)
Reply }
But how many stats should heroes be able to retrieve after the second or third or fourth scan?
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
By default, I think the second scan revealing ATK, INT, and STR would be a nice starting point. A third scan would reveal DEF and MDEF. A fourth would reveal AGI. 
However, if you could give an option within your script to change which stats you could reveal with each scan, that'd be interesting. Maybe you only need 2 scans for everything? Or just 1? Just a thought   Blushing + Cheery 
[Image: SP1-ResourceHunter.png]
[Image: SP1-Director.png]

Destiny of End Thread: http://save-point.org/thread-5585.html
Destiny of End Twitter: https://twitter.com/DestinyofEnd
Destiny of End Youtube: (Coming soon)
Reply }
Just 1? Then Scan skill would be as useless as it has always been, a skill that is pretty much ignored by players. I pretend to change that by making them use it more often...

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
Multiple uses sounds like a great idea, and I'm not discouraging you from it. I'm just saying, maybe someone else would like to have to only use it 2 times for all info, but another would like 3 or 4, or even 5. Or more! A customizable script for each game makers' preferences!  Grinning 

It's up to you though, since you're the maker of the script! Blushing + Cheery
Reply }
(02-22-2016, 12:32 AM)kyonides Wrote: Just 1? Then Scan skill would be as useless as it has always been, a skill that is pretty much ignored by players. I pretend to change that by making them use it more often...

Honestly, having to scan enemies multiple times to get all the info on them sounds like a hassle and something that would really drag battles on.

In a semi related note, I just converted the entire bestiary of an old Japan-only, PSX game called Wizardly Dimguil to be employed as battlers in RMXP. Some of the monsters became too big to be used properly with the game engine, I noticed.

I wonder: should I let them as they are so the RMer will be able to resize them as they please or should I do it myself so those monsters will be usable from the get go?

As bonus, there are some examples:

[Image: jhKrs1y.png][Image: 63CMMVP.png][Image: iUPFqQG.png][Image: z940w1H.png][Image: qsZcVKt.png]

(From left to right, first row: Alligator, Hunting Picture, Noisy Tempter, second row: Fake Cupid and Fairy Fly)
Reply }
It would be up to the player to scan them twice or more times, nothing would force them to do it anyway. Anyone can still defeat monsters without scanning them.

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }