Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
 Web Browsers
(03-28-2018, 03:50 AM)DerVVulfman Wrote: Looks like a 'Member Recommendation' to me.

So I'm going to 'edit' the Firefox posting to include Siletrea's recommendation, and delete the above post and this one I'm writing/posting now...  Well, by the end of the week anyway.

make that a Recommendation and a Rebuke....
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
There are some things I like about Firefox (Add-ons, Themes etc.), and there's some things I don't like about it (Whenever it updates to a way later version, add-ons you have installed in the previous version(s) may not be compatible with the new version). But either way, it's still a better web browser than Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge... in my opinion anyway.
Reply }
I'm stuck with a very outdated version of FireFox (37.0) because it's the only one that works on my computer. Both IE and Chrome are busted beyond repair despite my countless attempts to fix them.
Reply }
[Image: f96d4798.png]Clickable

Switch to DuckDuckGo. It’s private and free!
Free. Fast. Private. Get our browser on all your devices.
Search and browse more privately with the DuckDuckGo browser. Unlike Chrome and other browsers, we don't track you.

[Image: devices-light.png]
Download DuckDuckGo today!

Search without being tracked.

Other search engines track your every search, from where you go to what you buy. We don't track you. Ever.
[Image: search-protection-front-light.png]

[Image: web-protection-back-light.png]
Stop creepy tracking from Facebook and Google.

DuckDuckGo's powerful tracker blocking, in our browser and extension, stops trackers and creepy ads before they even load, evading hidden data collectors and speeding up websites.

Intercept and remove email trackers.

85% of emails sent through Duck Addresses contained hidden email trackers before we stripped them out. Email Protection zaps most trackers and forwards email to your regular inbox so you can read in peace.
[Image: email-protection-back-light.png]

[Image: app-protection-front-light.png]
Block app trackers, day or night.

Over 96% of popular free Android apps we tested allow other companies to invade your privacy, like using your location to map everywhere you go. Stop most of their spying and take back control on Android!

Member Recommendations:
DerVVulfman: On changing over to DuckDuckGo, I found some interesting things... fewer alerts from my anti-virus of being tracked. And a page within the browser noted just how many tracking cookies that DuckDuckGo had indeed blocked... a LOT!

Member Rebukes:
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]

Reply }
Well, Duck has been criticized for working for Microsoft in the past.
Bleeping Computer's Article
Wired's Article

Of course, DDG now claims that they don't let Microsoft's trackers get any personal information from your browser.
Reuter's Article

Even so I do think that DDG's searches are less complete than Google's or simply offer way less data than its competitors. But don't take my word for granted and check yourself which browser suits your needs the best.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
And the browser just stopped nearly 150 tracking cookies from your three articles just now:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=2122]

And this is the browser, not the search engine, the two being separate.  So if you wish to search with Google while using the DuckDuckGo browser, you can.

Attached Files
.png   Untitfled.png (Size: 20.75 KB / Downloads: 6)

Reply }