Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Missing Resources Report Generator
Missing Resources Report Generator

Version: 1.1

Introduction
This script is designed to search throughout your RPGMaker XP's project to find any missing audio or graphic resources. It will search through both your project's database and through each map and map event, cataloging all media in your project, and then will perform tests to ensure each piece is in your project. If something is not present, it will be made available in a report entitled "Missing Resources.Txt" within your project's folder.

Script

The Script

Instructions

Too simple. Install it under your scripts and run the game. It does the search for you and makes a report in your project's folder.

Compatibility
Designed for use with RPGMaker XP and currently with the Beta version of the ReGaL gaming system in the works.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Very nice indeed, lol. Unfortunately I just did two entire playthroughs of a game on normal mode and once in an easter egg mode doing this manually XD. Also, the fact that ReGaL handles *.mod format music has not a thing to do with ruby 2.1.2; it has to do with the multimedia libs used (SDL_audio, libmodplug) instead of what RMXP uses (directsound [audio equivalent of M$'s directX])
[Image: cautionary.png]
Reply }
So similar to that File missing error preventer script by Woratana? Only I'm assuming this does one allround check at the startup, where that one showed up while playing?

*tests*
Hm. It did not show up as expected, but that does not mean the record was not isntant.
...However...XD' It went a little overboard XD
I just added it into a blank game, added and removed one audio file, to give it sometihng to find and now I have a report of 425 files missing Xb It found the missing audio file just fine, but it also reported many rtp file as missing XD'
http://pastebin.com/hc7CrfLk
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
I wonder how much work it'd take to turn this into an event code patcher; not very much, it looks like. I just spent 5 hours yesterday copy-pasting bugged events with their correct version and it made me wish for a way to do it by code.
Reply }
Your game's database has all the default animations? Then it found and logged all animation graphics you have in your database that aren't in your project's folder. Ditto with the tilesets. It would find any and all tileset files, autotiles, fogs and panoramas you don't have in your project. So unless you cut back on your tilesets and animations in your project, you will have a large number of files. Likewise with audio effects within the animations.

It will be pretty much instant. It SHOULD run before the game starts, searching your entire database and through every map and map event.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]

Reply }
But is that not somewhat ineficient, if it lists all the things that use the RTP, even if you don't use them in your game?
So unless the project removes everything the RTP sets up and has 100% usuage of custom recources, this will generate a large list to look trough that cound as missing even if they are not.
But for those who use their own recorces for everything, this might me nice.
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Reply }
One may question it's efficiency. But I feel it as a necessary evil. This system cannot check any resources garnered by any other script, so it won't detect the bell chime effect when an AT bar is filled, nor the AT bar graphic itself. However, these are moot as the designer would certainly have these in their project anyway.

At the same time, some custom scripts may draw upon resources defined in the database such as battle animations. Custom teleportation and battlesystem scripts may access animations by a mere animation_id value being applied to an event or the player itself. As such, I feel the game designer should eliminate unwanted animations if they don't wish them to show in the resource list.

Reply }
Again, it probably depends on how you design your game. This will be more usefull for some then it will be for others, but that's the beauty of all the things one can do with the makers =)

Reply }
Upgrade and bug fix bump to...
Version 1.1

I neglected to get the proper filenames to the 12 audio files in the Database's System Tab. Fixed.

Oh, and as it says it is ReGaL compliant, it now autodetects what version of RUBY is in use to see if it is for RPGMaker XP or ReGaL.

Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Variable Extraction Generator DerVVulfman 0 2,459 07-20-2020, 06:58 PM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Switch Extraction Generator DerVVulfman 1 2,936 06-19-2020, 03:43 AM
   Battle Report Raziel 1 6,126 05-29-2020, 02:27 AM
Last Post: Whisper
   Spritesheet Generator Conversion Script DerVVulfman 0 3,532 11-21-2018, 04:48 AM
   Missing Audio Replacer LiTTleDRAgo 1 5,118 06-11-2017, 12:25 AM
Last Post: Whisper
   Text Extraction Generator DerVVulfman 5 11,253 10-13-2014, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Narzew
   Random Map Generator Script Tonbi 30 48,740 02-13-2014, 06:47 PM
Last Post: ShadowIce
   Battle Report Script Window style mageone 4 15,480 03-20-2013, 10:51 PM
Last Post: KasperKalamity
   File Missing Error Preventer xnadvance 0 5,436 05-29-2011, 05:24 AM
Last Post: xnadvance
   GMG: The General Monster Generator DerVVulfman 3 9,783 02-26-2011, 04:49 AM