Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
 Simple Blood Tutorial
Ok, since I am editing a load of tilesets at the moment using this, I figured I'd show you all how I did it. It's very simple, but rather effective. Oh and I'm not a spriter either, so if I can do it, anyone can. Note that I use Paint.net software, so it will likely be a different layout from whatever you people use, but I'm relatively sure the basic elements are still there.

So! Here's the tutorial;

[Image: BloodTut1.png]
Step 1
Step 2
Step 3
Step 4
Step 5
Step 6
Step 7

And here's a little example. This is the Interior_B tileset from VX Ace that I edited. All the blood done on this tileset was created using the same method I showed above;

[Image: SpookyInside_B-5.png]
[Image: Angel.gif]
[Image: RMVXB-1.png][Image: gMakerBar.png]
Reply }
sweet bloodstains
Reply }
Haha fitting that it's you making this tutorial, Clockwork. :)
EDIT:
F***! I forgot you made my avatar evil. It made me jump! >.<
Reply }
@MetalRenard:
oo'
That avatar is evil indeed. Looks like our fox has turned into a zombie wolf of some kind. However, it does match the thread's theme.

As for the tutorial itself: I suppose it shal be handy for those who need it ^^ I would have picked a red that's a shade darker however. It looks more like wine like this, but we get the idea ^^
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
@ClockworkAngel- yamina-chan is the one who made the original logo! :P (Just for context)
Reply }
@MetalRenard - Fair doos~ XD And lol~~
@yamina-chan - Yar. As I said in the IRC, that tileset, I made specifically for my project and it's used in rooms with a -64 tint, hence making it slightly brighter, otherwise it doesn't really show up effectivley. XD
[Image: Angel.gif]
[Image: RMVXB-1.png][Image: gMakerBar.png]
Reply }
@ClockworkAngel: I see. It makes sense then =D
As I can't join the chat I wouldn't know what you guys talk about there and have to be told these things *laughs*
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink  RPG Developer Bakin: The Active Timed Battle System Tutorial JayRay 0 815 01-09-2023, 04:36 AM
Last Post: JayRay
   Tutorial: How to create a minimap in Smile Game Builder JayRay 1 2,592 05-11-2022, 11:38 PM
Last Post: JayRay
   Naive ideas on basic 2D collision detection with simple shapes DoubleX 0 3,306 07-05-2016, 02:28 PM
Last Post: DoubleX
   Liberated Pixel Cup Tutorial DerVVulfman 2 6,564 08-30-2013, 03:23 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Shapeshifter Tutorial KasperKalamity 0 4,470 04-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Last Post: KasperKalamity
   MetalRenard's Music Tutorial Thread - Videos! MetalRenard 14 20,314 02-15-2012, 10:12 PM
Last Post: MetalRenard
   [Pixel Art] Cactus Tutorial Kain Nobel 1 8,659 11-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Last Post: MetalRenard
   Simple eventing - The King's Speech Pherione 0 4,644 05-20-2011, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Pherione
   Happy Map Tutorial (Photoshop) Shiroiyuki 9 13,448 06-25-2010, 02:47 AM
Last Post: MagitekElite
   Simple Recolors using photoshop Alpha-Mad 8 11,849 06-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Last Post: yamina-chan