Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
 MetalRenard's Music Tutorial Thread - Videos!
[Image: Logo.png]

Hey guys! Your friendly neighbourhood fox here!
I recently started a Youtube Channel on which I've been publishing music, but tons of people have asked me for advice on
anything from how to get a good guitar tone to how to actually produce music.
In response to this demand, I've decided to do a bunch of tutorials based on questions people ask, and because
you guys are awesome, I thought I'd make a thread for you here too.

Video Tutorial 1: Getting Started!

Video Tutorial 2: EQ Basics!

Thanks for watching, and I hope the tutorials prove to be helpful for
those of you interested in composition, recording and production!
Reply }
I am sure this will be handy for quite a few people =D
Thanks for taking some time for this ^^ Even tough I have none of the programms you mentioned and thus it'll probably not do me anything good I appreciate the thought. ^^

As for free screen recording software, that's a bit tricky. Hypercam2 would be a suggestion. It's easy to use, I worked with it for quite some time. Drawbacks are that the quality is not perfect and that you can't record sound. (At least you could not back when I used it.) Also, there is a watermark in the corner.
BSR Screen Recorder would be one of those programms that you have to buy but there is also a free version. I haven't used that in a while so I can't remember what the drawbacks on that were, but I think it was only the watermark. Someone correct me if this is wrong.
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
I will discuss programs -and- production, so even if you don't have the software you can still ask me stuff on that.
For example:
My music sounds muddy, how do I fix it?
:)

Thanks for recommending that software. I just found a good free one (records in HD too), called CamStudio.
Reply }
Video Tutorial 1: Getting Started!
Reply }
This tutorial is very helpful, I've downloaded the Reaper trial now :D

Your voice was nice and clear in the tutorial, but it was damn near impossible to hear any of the samples you made in the program. It will probably take a while to get used to the interface, coming from FL Studio myself, but it seems to be that both the programs can essentially do the same things, it just looks different. With that said, a starting musician would probably do well to use Reaper, its way cheaper than FL and I don't think anyone would be missing out by spending less.
[Image: Button-BOTB.png]
[Image: Save-Point.gif][Image: Button-You-Tube2.png][Image: Button-Sound-Cloud2.png][Image: Button-Audio-Mack2.png]
[Image: LS-Banner.gif]
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }
Thanks Kain! And thanks for the feedback, that's very helpful. I'll make the instruments louder next time.
Personally... I -Hate- FL studio.

Oh and in the video I couldn't say it but I hinted at it (the long pause? haha) but when the trial period for Reaper is over YOU CAN STILL USE IT. It's not legal but the software still works fully non-stop.

I paid for it myself, but you do what you want.
Reply }
(02-04-2012, 12:14 PM)MetalRenard Wrote: Thanks Kain! And thanks for the feedback, that's very helpful. I'll make the instruments louder next time.
Personally... I -Hate- FL studio.

Oh and in the video I couldn't say it but I hinted at it (the long pause? haha) but when the trial period for Reaper is over YOU CAN STILL USE IT. It's not legal but the software still works fully non-stop.

I paid for it myself, but you do what you want.
Sweat the fox is still growing in power!

Soon someday your and my armies will collide in an epic so Huge that the jupiter will fall out of orbit.
I only hope that the Chords dont torture you to much.[My robots, they are sadistic like theyre creator marion]

I thought that was weird too why exactly does it persist?
Reply }
It doesn't stop for a simple reason - The guys who make it do NOT want to create BROKEN software. They're very clear with this. Their idea is that they prefer to trust people to pay them for their software than for people to create cracks for it anyway.

I think they're spot on. :)
Reply }
That makes sense. Most people will indeed pay for it.

Its proven science that protectiveness creates an odd need to poke at it or steal it simply cause they protect it so hard.Feel like an insult to not be trusted.
Reply }
Well Reaper is fundamentally better simply for this reason:
''32-bit floating point audio engine'' for mixcraft, whereas Reaper's engine is 64bit.

Other points that Reaper wins at:
- Reaper comes with hundreds of effects, Mixcraft only 22
- Price (Only $60 for Reaper)
- Reaper can render video

Not only that, but Reaper is often compared to supposedly "high end" DAWs and comes out on top.

That's not important though. What's important is what -you- are comfortable with. :)
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink  RPG Developer Bakin: The Active Timed Battle System Tutorial JayRay 0 863 01-09-2023, 04:36 AM
Last Post: JayRay
   Tutorial: How to create a minimap in Smile Game Builder JayRay 1 2,653 05-11-2022, 11:38 PM
Last Post: JayRay
   A Layman's Thoughs on Game Music DerVVulfman 2 4,075 09-01-2019, 03:32 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Liberated Pixel Cup Tutorial DerVVulfman 2 6,625 08-30-2013, 03:23 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   An Introduction To Digital Music Creation, Part 2 MetalRenard 1 6,690 07-29-2013, 05:51 PM
Last Post: MetalRenard
   An Introduction To Digital Music Creation, Part 1 MetalRenard 1 6,914 07-29-2013, 05:51 PM
Last Post: MetalRenard
Music  Size optimazation for projects using .mp3 music hanetzer 0 3,801 03-11-2013, 04:11 AM
Last Post: hanetzer
   Loopable Music - How to! MetalRenard 4 8,189 05-15-2012, 09:07 PM
Last Post: yamina-chan
   Simple Blood Tutorial ClockworkAngel 6 15,468 04-19-2012, 01:24 AM
Last Post: yamina-chan
   Shapeshifter Tutorial KasperKalamity 0 4,507 04-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Last Post: KasperKalamity