Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
 Maps and screenshots thread
what do you mean by pixel art? it's done in adobe illustrator. once it's done, i'm going to release the tileset in 720p
Reply }
dodododododo... another screen bites the shot:

[Image: mansionbackdoor.png]

is it just the season, or is everybody slacking as much as it seems?
Reply }
Hm. I guess that's a balcony level with a rail you can look down to the first floor? Maybe some shade on the lower floor as the light from the upper floor and staircases is blocked?

Oh, and yeah.... December is usually slow. X-Mas shopping and stuff happens. I've noticed it for 5 years. Happens during Graduation and just before Summer Vacation.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
i'm getting rid of the rail, and am just going to assume it's an upstairs hallway. i'll probably draw some new tiles to make it look like an art gallery is set up there. in that scene, it's nighttime, so there's artificial light coming from everywhere, the walls are magically bioluminescent or something. if somebody makes a comment about something that will lead to more work, i just make magical excuses.... they'll all eventually come unraveled though, like how it's really a film of mashed up light-sprite guts or something...
Reply }
I'd combine a few things like that screenie if I only had dropdown menus there. SOMEONE... figured out how a while back. I wonder who she was. Winking
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]

Reply }
... yes that is a good forum design.

I mean really, it's much less complicated and I assume removes a lot of needless things. The current themes feel too busy due to needless clutter. If I was to make any suggestion, the drop down menus could be horizontal and go under the main buttons + search bar in that gap.
Reply }
Cool design, Olivia. :)

[Image: f7d70f7d-d21f-470a-b93d-fa23cfcfaeb5_zpsfe7368c0.png] [Image: facebook_icon.png] [Image: youtube_128x128-120x120.png] [Image: deviant.png] [Image: save-point.png]
Reply }
[Image: village_zpsce652159.png]
Reply }
Compared to those living in the valley... they may not have any working elevators, but they must have one HELLUVA view.

Reply }
it's at the base of a waterfall where a delta used to be. (still a work in progress) the tribe in the huts dried up the river at its source so they could farm and hunt in the fertile valley it left behind. they live in the swamp, and also in the sides of the cliff much like the Pueblo Indians.

Unbeknownst to the river tribe, a population of dwarves lives in the mountain, and have hollowed out a huge cavern underneath the island. if they continue their search for whatever it is that i haven't wrote for them to search for, they'll surely cause the island's destruction.

and unbeknownst to anyone, there is another tribe of plains indians living on the outskirts of the island. They however, know about both the dwarves and the swamp people. They preside over the northern half of the great river delta, which after it was drained, revealed a tower that connects to the 'other' side.

after the plains indians leave the party as a sacrifice to their god, a giant sun turtle, they must decide which tribes live, and which tribe dies.

edit: i'm kind of running out of map ideas. can anyone help? i'm not looking for someone to make it for me, but if anyone has any unusual maps or tilesets, please pm me, and i'll be sure to credit you in the credits.

[Image: th_keptieriverdeltacopy_zps014771e4.png]
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Pretty Maps; Bad Design. MechanicalPen 12 13,156 01-25-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Steel Beast 6Beets
Brick Common Event Library (Development + Brainstorm thread) PK8 3 9,022 02-11-2016, 09:25 PM
Last Post: JayRay
   HEY HEY JAY RAY #1: World Maps JayRay 4 7,671 01-26-2015, 11:21 PM
Last Post: Taylor
   World Maps bacon 18 23,580 01-07-2015, 04:57 AM
Last Post: JayRay
   Getting beyond 999 maps without scripts in Parallax maps. JayRay 1 5,739 10-20-2013, 03:10 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Big Maps vs. Small Maps bacon 28 36,919 05-09-2013, 06:26 AM
Last Post: MechanicalPen
  Game Idea Thread KasperKalamity 30 35,469 11-14-2012, 12:58 AM
Last Post: KasperKalamity
   The Critique & Feedback thread deValdr 15 19,740 11-27-2010, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Guardian
   [Hiatus] Windowskin Generator Contribution Thread PK8 7 14,740 07-06-2009, 01:26 AM
Last Post: decibel