Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Idea Thread
What kinds of games do you have ideas for? they don't have to be complete games, just things you think about randomly and are like "that'd be neat"

I might make this a platformer if i can figure out Stencyl: "Hoarder Twins In Treasure Land" you play as some guy who likes to hoarde things, or a crazy cat lady. the goal is to collect as many coins and points as you can to buy as much crap as you can because of the hoarder mindset that you might use it later.
Reply }
Suspense thriller RPG where you play TWO characters. One a former cop now wanted for conspiracy and treason against the United States (false charges). The other, the daughter of the man who may very well have set the cop up for a bum rap. A thriller comedy crime thingie... with a touch of romance as these are based on characters a friend of mine and I created a good number of years ago.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Erm my idea for a game... Well I don't have one but I'd love it if someone took Skyrim, added ArmaII's Day-Z mod, and made the combats better. Perfect game.
Reply }
The Adventures of Superbarf. you play as superbarf, a hero who dresses like superman who can fly by shooting a high pressure stream of barf at the ground. you can also use the barf as a projectile weapon. to keep the barf flowing, you have to collect various food based powerups that can change the properties of the barf to burn, freeze, and melt. you can also make floors slippery, and cause reactions with different scenery objects like shorting out electrical boxes, putting out fires, etc.
Reply }
does anyone know how to code? i already have an art director, and a foley artist. i want to make this a real thing:

[Image: 602980_10151804324990089_2123241681_n.jpg]

i have a bunch of other concepts and game mechanics kicking around the ol'coconut, but no way to make them tangible. i feel like that autistic kid at the end of st. elsewhere.
Reply }
A game about a pissed off rampaging Mario! I actually saw this in a cracked.com photoplasty contest and fell in love with the idea, I would seriously buy a Wii if this existed.

[Image: 117416.jpg?v=1]
[Image: Button-BOTB.png]
[Image: Save-Point.gif][Image: Button-You-Tube2.png][Image: Button-Sound-Cloud2.png][Image: Button-Audio-Mack2.png]
[Image: LS-Banner.gif]
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }
I'd like to play an RPG with the hero being someone like Dragon Age's Zevran or Isabela. I think it'd be interesting to see the standard fantasy setting from the eyes of the so-called scumbags who never get to be knights or heroes.
3DS Friend Code: 3411-1039-9335
(Add me for teh pokeymanz and barvely deefalt!)

[Image: tumblr_inline_nzmbrz53G11sotucm_1280.png]
Click for the latest update - and vote for someone to die! >8D
Reply }
which one was isabella? i think that would end up like ff9...

id like to see something like sim city, but with radiant first person quests where you could switch between citizen and mayor mode.
Reply }
(07-08-2012, 04:07 AM)KasperKalamity Wrote: which one was isabella? i think that would end up like ff9...

id like to see something like sim city, but with radiant first person quests where you could switch between citizen and mayor mode.
Isabela was the pirate girl who may or may not have gotten her husband killed, stole a priceless religious artefact because she got in deep with crime bosses and generally slept around out of a crippling fear of love and commitment.

And I'd disagree. The heroes of FFIX are still unambiguously heroic. I'm saying I think I'd like to see a game where the heroes are actually quite self-serving: get the side of the story of the real fantasy underbelly rather than the sorts of "loveable rogues" who talk the talk but don't walk the walk. Tales of Vesperia came close with the whole vigilante angle but it was littered with friendship speeches.
3DS Friend Code: 3411-1039-9335
(Add me for teh pokeymanz and barvely deefalt!)

[Image: tumblr_inline_nzmbrz53G11sotucm_1280.png]
Click for the latest update - and vote for someone to die! >8D
Reply }
I love threads like this where someone can just spill their minds.
I'm surprised there aren't more posts in this actually.

I probably have one of THE most uncreative game ideas in the sense that I want to make a sequel to Super Mario RPG. I know some people hate fangames because they can often be shoddy representations of the real thing, but I really do want to go the full 9 yards. I haven't seen one that captures what people loved about the first one yet, but this will probably take a lot of work. I'm learning Ruby right now so that I can write my own scripts because I expect it to be rather script intensive with all of the isometric work to be done.

The things I am focusing on right now are modeling and storywriting. I want to do justice to SMRPG's graphical engine by making buildings, set pieces, and character sprites in Blender (3D modelling), and then rendering them down to the appropriate resolution to give them depth. Right now I am working on a Mario model and a Wario model, both taken from Super Smash Bros. Brawl, as templates. Like the first one, the gameplay isn't going to be very intense. It is more going to be a whimsically fun, simple vessel that can hold the storyline because I want this game to be very story and character driven.
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Maps and screenshots thread aerendyll 1,051 988,778 03-18-2024, 04:54 AM
Last Post: Remi-chan
   SMILE GAME BUILDER only $13.99 DerVVulfman 0 776 12-27-2022, 05:06 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Unnamed Game Engine is known as Roole kyonides 2 3,716 08-28-2020, 11:02 AM
Last Post: kyonides
   I have a request when making your next game... JayRay 1 4,488 11-07-2017, 10:56 PM
Last Post: kyonides
   Input on what sort of game you'd be interested in ChickenFetus 7 12,782 06-28-2016, 03:14 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Game Development Dream Team Kain Nobel 2 6,067 06-17-2016, 03:43 AM
Last Post: Bounty Hunter Lani
Brick Common Event Library (Development + Brainstorm thread) PK8 3 8,965 02-11-2016, 09:25 PM
Last Post: JayRay
   my Game Battle Questions! JayRay 3 5,848 08-08-2015, 08:01 PM
   [Kinda-Poll] Pattern Game for new maker hanetzer 4 7,754 01-29-2015, 11:06 PM
Video  Lets Make a Game LilyKnight 27 29,277 09-26-2014, 04:34 PM
Last Post: greenraven