Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
 Profantasy Campaign Cartographer
Hi, I have been playing around with this programme for a few days and produced this image that I have called Skirmish in the Tavern.

Not perfect but not too bad for a first attempt. The walls and doors need improving.

I thought to use something similar as a parallex in a map and use blank events etc to restrict movement by the characters. Has anyone else had experience with this software and, if so, what do they think?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1551]

Attached Files
.png   Skirmish at the Tavern original.png (Size: 413.09 KB / Downloads: 22)
I saw the boys of summer in their ruin. Dylan Thomas.
www.everley.link 
Reply }
I... didn't know Campaign Cartographer was still around. I thought it mighta went the way of Dragon Magazine expiring in the 2007.

Something to try... Separate the background and foreground in some manner. You will find in some anime that the colors are muted a little. This while the actual actors or items of interest catch the viewer's attention. Most likely, deal with the floor as the subject to mute.

I've seen some games that used parallax artwork, even dating back to old RPGMaker 2000 games like "The Way" series.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
[attachment=1552 Wrote:DerVVulfman pid='54038' dateline='1630032216']I... didn't know Campaign Cartographer was still around.  I thought it mighta went the way of Dragon Magazine expiring in the 2007.  

Something to try... Separate the background and foreground in some manner.  You will find in some anime that the colors are muted a little. This while the actual actors or items of interest catch the viewer's attention.  Most likely, deal with the floor as the subject to mute.

I've seen some games that used parallax artwork, even dating back to old RPGMaker 2000 games like "The Way" series.

Thanks for that. Useful advice as always. By the way the Welsh National flag is a red dragon on a green and white background. Much better than the UK Union Jack which really only has the English George Cross and the Scottish Flag mixed as it was the union of England and Scotland. If Scotland breaks away from the UK, which is quite possible, the pressure will be on for Wales to follow suit. What is that old saying about living in interesting times! All that followed from your mention of Dragon Magazine. Anyway, thanks once more for your help.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1552]

Attached Files
.jpeg   welsh flag.jpeg (Size: 12.01 KB / Downloads: 7)
I saw the boys of summer in their ruin. Dylan Thomas.
www.everley.link 
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Mizuki Saga Season 1 Campaign TsunamiJurai 7 7,183 03-01-2022, 08:10 AM
Last Post: TsunamiJurai