Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Furries
Just a thread for everyone's thoughts on the furry community.

Personally, I don't know what to think; the public sexual themes among the community come across as disturbing to me. :/ Maybe it's just that I prefer reptiles over mammals, though.
Python Blue - composer for NeonXSZ
Reply }
Erm that's a misconception.
Being a furry doesn't mean you're interested in animal sex, it just means you feel an affinity with other creatures, be it wolves (DerVVulfman), cats (Olivia, Pherione...) or foxes! (Me!).

The sexual side of things has a different name which I can't remember at the moment.
Reply }
Fair enough. Still, the sexual side of the furry community is there (did you mean yiff, by the way?).

Again, maybe it's just that I prefer reptiles over mammals. :/
Reply }
(07-08-2012, 07:15 PM)Python Blue Wrote: Still, the sexual side of the furry community is there
Well, in these days that certain aspect is to be found in almost anything. You find in movies, games, music, advertisement, books, clothing, dancing, food...
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
What yamina-chan said. The perverse side exists in every fandom. However... I will admit there's a certain lack of tact with some furries. And MLP fans too, as it happens.

Personally I think the term is waved around a bit too much. I'm sure a large amount of kids watched animal cartoons as kids, and drew them, if they were potential artists. So are they furries? Nah, that seems silly. Liking or drawing animals or animal characters doesn't necessarily make you a furry. It's complicated though, because those into the dressing up as their own critters, I would use the term for.

I wouldn't really use the term for myself, in part because I consider my human characters often more interesting and complex than my "alien" ones. Then again though, I am all behind that affinity shtick, so... buh.

Oh humanity and your labels.
Reply }
(07-09-2012, 12:35 AM)Taylor Wrote: What yamina-chan said. The perverse side exists in every fandom. However... I will admit there's a certain lack of tact with some furries. And MLP fans too, as it happens.

Personally I think the term is waved around a bit too much. I'm sure a large amount of kids watched animal cartoons as kids, and drew them, if they were potential artists. So are they furries? Nah, that seems silly. Liking or drawing animals or animal characters doesn't necessarily make you a furry. It's complicated though, because those into the dressing up as their own critters, I would use the term for.

I wouldn't really use the term for myself, in part because I consider my human characters often more interesting and complex than my "alien" ones. Then again though, I am all behind that affinity shtick, so... buh.

Oh humanity and your labels.
Lack of tact? May be what I'm trying to get at. Thing is, it's true that there are innuendos everywhere, but it's much more subtle in some forms than in others. Furries seeming to be the more obvious.

You do have a good point about kids, though. I think the word should apply to fewer people; most people seem to have an affinity to an animal of some sort, very few of them being sexually attracted to them.

Indeed; if there were no labels, our world might be a better place, in music as well as in communities. :P
Reply }
I think its just the appeal of the "best of two worlds" mentality.

You get human features in your fav animal: boom appeal. For me its octopus: and wouldnt you know: I like tentacles.
Reply }
I think the attraction towards animals is actually a very small number. (i.e. bestiality) Perhaps again between animalistic characters. (not quite bestiality) The thing that usually gets waved around is the strangest of kinks. The artists that only draw their fetishes.

A waste of talent, much of the time too. :<
Reply }
(07-09-2012, 03:10 AM)Taylor Wrote: I think the attraction towards animals is actually a very small number. (i.e. bestiality) Perhaps again between animalistic characters. (not quite bestiality) The thing that usually gets waved around is the strangest of kinks. The artists that only draw their fetishes.

A waste of talent, much of the time too. :<

Exactly my point; very few people are attracted to animals to that degree.

The artists that only draw their fetishes seem to be quite popular, sadly. I've seen many such ads on FurAffinity, where I only reluctantly made an account.
Reply }
you're all nuts.
Reply }