Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 What are electronic cigarettes?
Heart 
From what I can understand, they don't have tobacco or nicotine, so what's the point? Are you just supposed to look "cool" holding a tiny white flashlight?
Quotes
Reply }
Emergency!!! I see early signs of love for the advertisements!
"The things I always protect never change!" - Sakata Gintoki, Gintama.
"Two people dying separately? No. If we die, we'll die together." - Suigintou, Rozen Maiden.
And sorry for my mistakes in English words, if I do it.
Reply }
I don't smoke but I have learnt a little about this.

When you smoke you are breathing in very harmful substances like tar (Wanna make a ROAD in your CHEST?) and other substances like nicotine which are addictive.
What these cigarettes do is give you the stuff that you like in a cigarette while removing the most of the stuff that is potentially dangerous.
I've spoken to people who use them and no, they don't taste bad apparently.

Of course this is just stuff I've read because I hate smoking, especially when someone near me smokes (like a girlfriend). Having a girlfriend who smokes is like kissing an ashtray. It's disgusting.
Reply }
(04-27-2011, 10:30 AM)MetalRenard Wrote: Having a girlfriend who smokes is like kissing an ashtray. It's disgusting.
That is totally true. I may be exaggerated, but I have a sort of bad opinion of smokers... basically they are not in control of their body and their mind too.
[Image: f7d70f7d-d21f-470a-b93d-fa23cfcfaeb5_zpsfe7368c0.png] [Image: facebook_icon.png] [Image: youtube_128x128-120x120.png] [Image: deviant.png] [Image: save-point.png]
Reply }
I was under the impression it was just like a tiny vaporizer without anything except water... at least it has a purpose... even if it is an icky one
Quotes
Reply }
as an electronic cigarette smoker, I will fill you in on some facts. E-Juice ( the stuff you smoke ) gets vaporized and it can contain flavors and nicotine of varying amounts. Some e-juices taste awful, some taste good. My personal favorite is Boba's Bounty, which produces a vapor that is thicker and stronger than most cigarettes and has a nice flavor to it. It also has a relatively high nicotine content. I didn't smoke e-cigs to quit smoking, I started smoking them because they don't smell up the house like a regular cigarette does, and my clothes don't end up smelling like cigarettes either. e-cigs have a lot less carcinigens in them, so they are much better for you, and since you're really smoking water vapor, they don't cause the kind of damage that a standard cigarette does to your lungs either. When I started my e-cig, I didn't feel like I was missing anything. It did take some expiramentation to find a good liquid, but I've got one that I like now, and I think it tastes better than a standard cigarette. If you are considering E-Cigs, I recommend refill liquids from this site here --> http://www.avejuice.com/ ( my favorite blend is here --> http://www.avejuice.com/BobasBounty?cate...egory_id=0 ). Experiment a bit, and you'll be sure to find something you like. Also, you can order the flavors with varying levels of nicotine. I would start with a small bottle with a low amount of nicotine and work yourself up until you find the level that's right for you. You can also buy bottles of straight nicotine, but don't use those without mixing them with vg or pg, or you'll get very sick, and possibly die from a nicotine overdose.
Reply }
A lot of it is for the habit. Cigarette smoking has actually been proven to be harder to quit, for some people, than say - hardcore drugs like cocaine. The reason for this is the habit. You eat a meal, have a smoke. You're at the bar? Finished a drink? Won a game of beer pong or darts? Have a smoke. Sex? Smoke. Woke up? Smoke. Going to bed? Smoke. Saw a clock? Smoke. Bored? Smoke. Just had a smoke? Smoke. Every time I sprite, and I finish for the day, or just had a challenge, I smoke. If I'm writing, I'll smoke when I get writers block or can't think of the word or get stuck with a funny sentence (red or green squibble bothers me and I can't seem to get things right are common). Things like that, so certain electric cigarettes would be good for me.

There are, actually, electric cigarettes without any weird chemicals, and are just steam and flavors (and I mean actual flavors - like peppermint). Those are for light smokers who really only smoke socially, or by pattern. It's why they tell people if your gonna quit, carry a li'l baggy of diced carrots or get lollipops. You break the habit of quite literally lifting the hand to your mouth, and smoking becomes easier to quit. It's often not a case of nicotine, which is very addicting, but the motions & such.
Snazzy Sig in a Spoiler
Reply }
I smoke ecigs and they taste delicious (I smoke 16mg coffee). The thing about them is that you exhale water vapor, so you can smoke them anywhere. You get like 500 drags from one cartridge and you can smoke them in bars (no smoking in NC, so that's why I bought it). Also, there is hardly any trace of carcinogens. I smoke because that's how I get a break at work. I work in restaurants and it comes with the job. Plus, I'd rather have an oral fixation than be banging heroin or something of the sort. I have an addictive personality and cigarettes are the way to go for me. I don't like drinking, but when I do have a drink it's dos equis and an ecig.
[Image: style7,Kristovski.png]
Reply }
I'm glad to hear so many of you use them instead of actual cigarettes. Good going guys, I'm impressed.
In Europe they're not big yet.
Reply }
Yes, I'm impressed too. It's a small sample of course, but still I didn't expect several e-cigs smokers here. Do you guys ever feel the need to have a real old cigarette?
[Image: f7d70f7d-d21f-470a-b93d-fa23cfcfaeb5_zpsfe7368c0.png] [Image: facebook_icon.png] [Image: youtube_128x128-120x120.png] [Image: deviant.png] [Image: save-point.png]
Reply }