Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Repositioning the actor command window.
I am unsure how to do it. I wish to get rid of the ugly gap at the bottom left hand corner of my screen there. I've not been able to find the right lines of script to change! Anyone able to help me figure this out?

[Image: screenshotve.th.png]
Reply }
It depends.

Obviously, that is a custom battlesystem or a custom BattleStatus script. So perhaps there is a section near the top of the script that has an area you can configure or edit values to suit your tastes.

If not, then the script you are using should have a value called @actor_command_window which is ... the window. By changing the 'y' position, you can raise or lower it to where you want it to appear.

Code:
@actor_command_window.y = value

Normally, it's in the 'main' method in Scene_Battle, but a custom batttlesystem or mod could have it differently.

Off-topic: Aesthetically, I'd have the command window's text have the same font as the battlestatus window's font. Winking
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
(04-12-2011, 04:05 AM)DerVVulfman Wrote: It depends.

Obviously, that is a custom battlesystem or a custom BattleStatus script. So perhaps there is a section near the top of the script that has an area you can configure or edit values to suit your tastes.

If not, then the script you are using should have a value called @actor_command_window which is ... the window. By changing the 'y' position, you can raise or lower it to where you want it to appear.

Code:
@actor_command_window.y = value

Normally, it's in the 'main' method in Scene_Battle, but a custom batttlesystem or mod could have it differently.

I... probably should have thought of that. I'm using Sideview Battle System Version 2.1xp. Going to give your advice a try, thanks much, DW. As for the fonts, I'll get those fixed once I've solved the problems I don't know how to address =)

EDIT: It's been figured out!
Reply }
I'm not the most savvy with scripting, but I know at least this much.

Who's Battle System are using? There should be a line in the Window_BattleStatus of the Battle System that say's something similar to @actor_command_window.y = # or @actor_battler_window.y = #.

If you play with these numbers a little I'm sure you can figure it out. Typically the higher the number the further down the window will go. 0,0 is at the top leftmost corner and windows typically use the top leftmost corner of the window to guide where it goes.

So your Command window looks like it's something like: (0,320) where x is 0 and y is 320.

Help at all? I'm not very good at explaining things.

Damn.... beaten to the punch.
Reply }
This thread is good to be locked/deleted!
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Personal graph by actor zlsl 4 3,689 10-23-2021, 06:43 AM
Last Post: zlsl
   I want to add an Atoa Custom Battle System command cut-in. zlsl 11 11,528 11-11-2019, 08:55 PM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Sorting Items in Shop Window Melana 13 15,127 01-18-2018, 05:49 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Actor names in Quest Script jreagan406 5 7,417 03-07-2017, 08:06 AM
Last Post: JayRay
   Showing only specific skills in a window Melana 2 5,244 01-12-2016, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Melana
   Actor Graphic/Reflection Refuses to Update/Refresh penguwin 6 8,534 11-06-2014, 09:51 PM
Last Post: penguwin
  Attack from an enemy to a actor as condinitional branch Djigit 7 8,726 07-05-2014, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Djigit
  Changing Window Styles in Game JackMonty 8 9,392 03-22-2013, 11:54 PM
Last Post: JackMonty
   Modifying Actor ID to Class ID for Advanced Individual Battle Commands Script NewHope 1 4,134 07-11-2012, 11:37 PM
Last Post: NewHope
   Something I noticed about the Advanced Shop Status Window yamina-chan 5 8,962 08-21-2011, 09:16 PM
Last Post: yamina-chan