Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
 Melly-Mel's Calendar System
Melly-Mel's Calendar System
Ver 1.8

Introduction
Based on designs by Kylock and features employed by Near Fantastica in his original system, this Day Night system gives the user mastery over the time system in his project.

By manipulating the script's configuration section, one can control how fast time runs in the game, the actual increments used, and even how many months there are in a year. The creator has full control over the game's calendar.

Not only that, you can program weather patterns based on months or dates of your choice. Of course, using a [SET WEATHER EFFECTS] event works as normal.

Demo
Right here

Script
The Script

Instructions
The instructions are in the script. Mostly packed around each value and array you can edit.

Based on:
Near Fantastica's Day/Night and Kylock's Time System

Credits and Thanks
Thanks to PK8... (among other aliases)... for requesting a time script that included weather control, which I added to this script. To Near Fantastica and Kylock for the basics of this Day/Night script. And to Kalier, who gave me a few ideas while discussing fun game features. Also to Yin who gave me the idea of making a switch system useful for event switches like night-time campfires or lamp post lights. And thanks goes to both Kalier and Rosair who wanted a revision of the Switch system to allow for multiple switches which can be controlled by the time system. Finally, thanks to Rosair for noticing a bug related to the day-overlap function that interefered with the script's game switch toggling system.

Terms and Conditions
The system is designed for royalty-free usage in private, shareware and commercial games.

[Image: xp_warning.png]
Image has link to Enterbrain's Download Page
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Good work. Why Melly Mel's? :D
Valdred
Tech Administrator of Save-Point

Reply }
all of his scripts are named after co workers
[Image: style7,Kristovski.png]
Reply }
Almost all. Marie, Mimi (chan), Mary, Magey-Mage.... it goes on. Winking
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]

Reply }
Umm. I was in the config trying to set the time speed. 10 was too fast and 9 was too slow. So I put 9.5 and that screwed everything up, but time went at a decent pace. By screwed everything up, I mean this:

[Image: CalendarGlitch.png]

Everything else was default.

Oh, and I think RMXP is $30 now. It was last time I checked.
Reply }
Urp. You used floating point? I never thought anyone would set that speed value by that. In any event, you can use a combination of the speed setting and working with 'seconds in a minute'.

Oh, and BUMP to version 1.2

1. The system can now turn on a specified switch within a certain hour range. This hour range is designed for 'dusk to dawn' lighting like lamp-posts and campfires. So with this, you can have this switch turn on such features in your game's map events.
  2. The weather system had a flaw. Weather effects should only turn on inside of OUTSIDE maps. It would be SO messed up if it started raining inside a castle or spaceship. I had to fix it so the effects only worked in outside maps. However, the CHANGE WEATHER map event feature remained largely untouched.

Reply }
try adding .to_i to the year value, and that should get rid of the floating point places.
Reply }
Since the seconds never show up anywhere, I just adjusted the seconds to be shorter for the minute. It works out fine and doesn't break anything.
Reply }
BUMP
Now it's version 1.3

I adjusted all the values so .to_i and hits 'em all where applicable. No weird 9.5 speeds. Winking

And I came up with a condition system that refreshes the game map system when (and if) the daylight/night-time RMXP switch is turned on/off. (the one I added the last bump). No needing to add $game_map.refresh = true kiddies.

The demo shows the switch in action.

Reply }
Hey DerVVulfman,

As always, great script, and as usual, I had a question for you about enhancing the script. Is it possible to skip manually to a specific time? For instance, let's say I want to do a night scene. I was wondering if I could manually set the time to 11:00pm to simulate the Twilight phase. Now you have enabled us to use the commands to speed up time until it gets to night, however in the game we don't know exactly what time it is going to be when the player reaches that part in the game. For all we know it could already be twilight, dawn, day, dusk, etc. So you can see the issue here is that it would be impossible to enter a command to speed/slow the time of day to get it to exactly what is desired. Let me know what you think. Thanks for your consideration.
Habs11
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Super Simple Vehicle System - Enhanced DerVVulfman 65 81,763 06-02-2023, 06:16 PM
Last Post: Sujabes467
   Zenith Tactical Battle System Plus (ZTBS+) DerVVulfman 0 1,887 05-10-2022, 10:42 PM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Commercial System Package DerVVulfman 11 11,733 01-04-2020, 12:37 AM
Last Post: Pelip
   ACBS - Atoa Custom Battle System 3.2 Victor Sant 150 221,439 03-02-2019, 04:47 AM
Last Post: dragonprincess44
   DerVV's Simple Popup System DerVVulfman 4 10,764 10-08-2017, 04:53 PM
   The Magey Mage's Spellbook System DerVVulfman 3 8,892 10-31-2016, 01:45 AM
Last Post: Noctis
   CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, Version 3.2 Charlie Fleed 572 633,883 05-19-2016, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Starmage
   Mousie: The Mouse System DerVVulfman 67 99,863 07-19-2015, 11:18 PM
Last Post: yamina-chan
   Golden Sun Camera Battle System DerVVulfman 5 26,587 11-02-2014, 06:42 PM
   Theolized Sideview Battle System TheoAllen 5 13,254 09-15-2014, 04:30 AM
Last Post: TheoAllen