Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Taryn's Weapon Ammunition System
Version: 2.5

Introduction
Simply put, you can now design weapons that require ammunition that you can run out of. Along with that, you have to reload your weapon with a special item that I refer to as a 'clip' or magazine.

Features
  • Can design a number of weapons to use ammo
  • Can designate each weapon's 'BULLETS' to hold various forms of ammo.
  • Can designate just how many BULLETS the CLIP can hold (6 rounds for a revolver for instance)
  • Can designate CLIPS that can hold a virtually limitless BULLET supply. Just have to continue adding to the CLIP.
  • Can designate Sound effects for 'empty gun clicks' or the SE of a clip getting slapped into the gun.
  • Can designate various forms of BULLETS.
  • BULLETS determine the damage inflicted (hp... sp... status effects... element rates... etc)!!!
  • BULLETS can be automatically loaded when changing from one ammo to another, or have 'em only load in battle.
  • Plenty of stuff covered in the script itself
FAQ
Heh. I named it after one of my friends at work. :D

Screenshots
[Image: miQA2lw.png]

Demo
The Ammo Demo
Demo includes Mary's Ammunition Hud

Script

Instructions
Pretty much already built into the script itself. As far as the basics:

The configuration section allows you to define an item to be linked to a weapon. This item is used as the weapon's reloader (or clip) which has to be used in the ITEM menu to reload the weapon when the weapon is empty.

The configuration of the clip can also expand to the sound effects played if the clip is empty when using the weapon, the sound effect used when using a clip in battle and the number of rounds a clip can hold.

The configuration section also defines other items to be used as ammunition (or BULLETS) which the clip can hold. In the field's item menu, you can choose a particular BULLET type, which can alter the damage inflicted upon the enemy.

And, there's a true/false switch that tells the system if you're using an RTAB script called 'Connected Attacking'. It autodetects RTAB itself, just not 'Connected Attacking'.

Official Add-Ons:
Mary's Weapon Ammunition HUD

Compatibility
This script was designed based on the architecture of the default, the RTAB battle systems, and was heavily 'aliased' in compliance and accordance to the SDK systems. As such, this system adjusts certain functions after detecting either one of these two systems. However, preliminary tests have confirmed its compatability with ParaDog's v 2.58 and XRXS 65 CP system. The last two, only lightly tested... but it looked oh... so... sweet!

Credits and Thanks
Thanks to Kalier who has been betatesting this system for the Default system and the RTAB system, and with my Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced system. And big thanks to SephirothSpawn for pointing out and correcting a possible stack error. And to foxbuster and Lockheart for requesting (and reminding me of) a system to automatically load the weapon with a selected ammunition from the field menu's ammo selection screen. And to darksora for finding a minor bug related to the basic attack branching system.

Author's Notes
I will admit that I took a look at Dubealex's ammo script itself as a basis, but you will find little to no resemblance between this system and his. I can't find any leftover traces myself.

[Image: xp_warning.png]
Image has link to Enterbrain's Download Page
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Super Simple Vehicle System - Enhanced DerVVulfman 65 82,437 06-02-2023, 06:16 PM
Last Post: Sujabes467
   Zenith Tactical Battle System Plus (ZTBS+) DerVVulfman 0 1,968 05-10-2022, 10:42 PM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Commercial System Package DerVVulfman 11 11,878 01-04-2020, 12:37 AM
Last Post: Pelip
   ACBS - Atoa Custom Battle System 3.2 Victor Sant 150 223,386 03-02-2019, 04:47 AM
Last Post: dragonprincess44
   DerVV's Simple Popup System DerVVulfman 4 10,863 10-08-2017, 04:53 PM
   Melly-Mel's Calendar System DerVVulfman 23 38,565 12-02-2016, 04:31 AM
   The Magey Mage's Spellbook System DerVVulfman 3 8,982 10-31-2016, 01:45 AM
Last Post: Noctis
   CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, Version 3.2 Charlie Fleed 572 639,811 05-19-2016, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Starmage
   Mousie: The Mouse System DerVVulfman 67 100,562 07-19-2015, 11:18 PM
Last Post: yamina-chan
   Golden Sun Camera Battle System DerVVulfman 5 26,712 11-02-2014, 06:42 PM