Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
 MapMaker (for RMXP)
As a reviewer of the Mapmaker tool, I find it completely valuable not just to export a map file, but also as a tool to allow a map PLANNING tool for use in other engines. Being able to map out levels and visualize what your map would be with the near infinite size of tiles is awesome.

With that being said, I have a simple suggestion, if it's even possible to do. 

Can there be an end script when exporting that offers the ability to...

A. Seperate the maps by the tileset layers?
B. Pictures!

Here's my thinking behind this idea.

By seperating maps by their layering, one can already preplan parallaxes and overhangs for the maps, something that could be visually assessed. It wouldn't need to be something that just always happens, as some people would still want to cut things out, but one of the more annoying parts of creating parallax maps is the idea of cutting parts of their parallax maps back out and re-entering them as a new layer. With this addon, the work would somewhat be done FOR them. 

Secondly, PICTURES! - while having characters able to be on the map, what might be a great boon, is the ability to have any pictures also appear, as unlike characters, picture layers are set, one over another, and can easily be manipulated in the editor to create composites as characters themselves can't always stand on the same tile, and when they do, having one take a z-priority over another is sometimes problematic.

Cirrently I have the ability to add the panorama and the fog or not, the characters/events or not, and even get away from the placed tiles entirely, but... beyond those settings in the INI file, I'm curious if seperating the tilemaps by their placed layer is possible, or even feasible.

Otherwise, it's a great too!!
[Image: yy7iKKb.png]

ITCH: jayray.itch.io
Currently working on Goblin Gulch (MV)
Currently working on JayVinci Resurrection
Currently working on Bakin ABS (BAKIN)
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
MapMaker (for RMXP) - by DerVVulfman - 06-06-2020, 03:46 AM
RE: MapMaker (for RMXP) - by DerVVulfman - 06-25-2020, 03:56 AM
RE: MapMaker (for RMXP) - by JayRay - 01-13-2023, 01:55 PM
RE: MapMaker (for RMXP) - by DerVVulfman - 01-14-2023, 03:18 AM