Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Sodomite Suppression Act
The bible says in multiple places that God doesn't like homosexuality, where did you get your information that it says otherwise? Confused

Honestly, if someone is trying to make it legal to shoot gays in the streets, then I'm sure even Christians wouldn't like the idea. Christians don't hate gays like the media and demagogues love to say on the internet. They hate the sin of homosexuality, and the fact they want to marry, which is a holy institution made by God for his Children. That is why Christians are so against gay marriage. It has nothing to do with HATE.
Also, there have been studies that show that about 5% of all gay couples who get married or want to get married stay with one partner. It was an anonymous study of homosexuals and bisexuals, so they wouldn't get shunned in their communities, and I can't seem to find the source right now, but from all of the attempts at threesome marriages in gay marriage states, it actually doesn't surprise me very much. Confused

Oh yeah, and a similar study also said that when a child grows up with two fathers or two mothers, the child will "Fall in love" with someone of the same gender at a young age, because they're constantly told by their parents it's okay-- "Indoctination", if you will.
If you're raised one way, you believe it's okay, until you're told otherwise by someone else, and since most homosexuals will avoid letting their kids go to church to hear the other side, the gay community grows because of the adoptions. That was the justification that some gave for why same-sex couples (Or triplets) shouldn't be allowed to adopt kids.

And honestly, I don't think the problems in California come from God's Wrath, though God did say he wouldn't do a widespread destruction like Sodom and Gomorra or the Great Flood anymore, so a drought COULD be his way of giving a warning, if anything. Also, the "Be fruitful and multiply" is used out of context by many as an excuse for sin, especially by Mormons with multiple wives, which is generally seen as sin by most in the Christian community. Confused

And no, no "New new testament", because it would be written by ideologues like you who want to change what God says, just because they don't like what the other texts say. This has already been done by two guys who didn't like what it said, so they "Re-translated" the bible. (They actually just took a magic marker on the KJV and took out what they didn't like, and changed others to mean what they wanted, such as God not liking divorce, etc.) This "Re-Translation" has been used by many new versions of the bible, like the NIV, ESV, etc.
Many churches use these versions, but people who want the "real" translation go to the KJV, despite the efforts in recent days to attempt to discredit the KJV with lies and slander.

Not sure what you mean by "Betterment of society", and the "Path of enlightenment", since usually when people say that, they mean "STOP BEING A CHRISTIAN AND FOLLOWING THE BIBLE, BECAUSE IT'S NOT YOUR WORLD ANYMORE!" and I hope you don't mean that Christians should change what the bible says because you want them to think like you...

Anyway, to finish this off, I gotta say, the one who proposed the killing of homosexuals on the streets sounds like a psychopath using the bible out of context, like many do. Do you know how many times the "Judge not, lest ye be judge" thing is misused and misquoted? People ACTUALLY think you're not supposed to know how a person is, and you're not supposed to hang out with certain people. Quite the opposite, actually! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Oh! And separation of church and state was made to keep the government out of the church, not the church out of the government. That also has been perverted to mean the founders didn't want religion anywhere but church, but they really wanted the government to stay out of the church, if you read the letter it was proposed in Tongue sticking out
(Obama, and some others in his administration, as well as Nancy Pelosi have said to preach on the pulpit to support democrats, which should be illegal under the separations, but they always get away with anything, apparently.)

In Conclusion:

The guy who proposed the law to kill homosexuals is a psychopath, and many bible verses are misquoted or taken out of context to mean what a person wants it to mean, and not what it ACTUALLY means. Reading the verses around one verse could find the true meaning of it. Homosexuals have a hard time, but Christians have had it just as bad all throughout history. Jesus was crucified because he was Jesus (And because God needed it to happen. The "Pure Lamb" and such.), his followers were killed, stoned, and persecuted because they were his followers, not because they did anything to deserve it, and Christians have been persecuted all over the world, even to this day. They are demagogued as bigots, haters, etc. because they don't believe the institution of marriage as set up by God does not allow the marriage of two homosexual men or women, or because they don't believe that they should adopt children, since most think that they'll be indoctrinated to hate God.
There are Christians being FORCED to do services for homosexuals, because the government calls them bigots for not wanting to participate in something they do not wish to participate in. (The cake makers, some churches, etc. are all being forced to do that)

People all over the world say they wish they could go back to the days of old, where Christians were fed to lions, and others (Even a former best friend of mine) say that all religions should be culled from the planet, which is just returning the psychopathy that they claim Christianity has. Confused

The law shouldn't pass, however I don't think the guy could get charged with hate speech, either. Freedom of speech extends to some bad people, unfortunately... but that's why America is grand. You can speak out against ANYTHING, without being arrested for it. (Though some take it too far, and overstep boundaries people set for protesting, etc.)
You get literally shot in other places for speaking out, or slain and imprisoned for religious beliefs.
I love this country, and you can take that to the bank!
...THE BLOOD BANK Winking
(What? I watched Hard to Kill last night Laughing + Tongue sticking out )

Also, I think this topic gets right back onto what they other moderators didn't want, which is an argument over religion that may offend people. Is it really okay to post this? Indifferent
}

Messages In This Thread
Sodomite Suppression Act - by Kain Nobel - 03-26-2015, 10:31 AM
RE: Sodomite Suppression Act - by Bounty Hunter Lani - 03-26-2015, 04:50 PM
RE: Sodomite Suppression Act - by Ahzoh - 03-27-2015, 02:16 AM
RE: Sodomite Suppression Act - by KasperKalamity - 03-26-2015, 05:46 PM
RE: Sodomite Suppression Act - by KasperKalamity - 03-26-2015, 08:17 PM
RE: Sodomite Suppression Act - by KasperKalamity - 03-26-2015, 09:33 PM
RE: Sodomite Suppression Act - by MetalRenard - 03-26-2015, 09:34 PM
RE: Sodomite Suppression Act - by JayRay - 03-26-2015, 09:57 PM
RE: Sodomite Suppression Act - by Samven - 03-27-2015, 12:29 AM
RE: Sodomite Suppression Act - by Ahzoh - 03-27-2015, 02:26 AM