Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
 What's up, RMers?
got most of a dried up river delta map done. i'm actually a lot closer to being done with my game than i thought.
Reply }
I am finally starting to collect the results of a long long search for 3D artists. Two of the eight characters models are finally ready, and I will soon be able to show you at least the idle animations.
I am also extending the tileset with houses and a few decorative elements.
The next step will be to make icons. Actually before that I should compile a final list of weapons, skills, equipments, states... uff... I am exhausted. XD
[Image: f7d70f7d-d21f-470a-b93d-fa23cfcfaeb5_zpsfe7368c0.png] [Image: facebook_icon.png] [Image: youtube_128x128-120x120.png] [Image: deviant.png] [Image: save-point.png]
Reply }
Woof... Adding all necessary features for my game's engine is taking time, but I'm nearly done with basic installation. The hard part is ensuring that all 'Scene' based menus work with my custom menu system that is actually hardwired into Scene_Map itself. In other words, everything runs in the map, even crafting and quest logs.... no pausing Right now, I adapted MicKo's Skill Tree to my game. But I still have a monster log and inventory containers feature to add. Fun fun fun.

But after that, customizing it all since the screens are in a 'default' menu appearance.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
While I haven't been posting much I am still working on a remix (and possible continuation) to Belly of the Beast. This isn't exactly a high priority development, but it does double as a perfect testing and debugging playground so that is my main reason to push forward with it.

The entire first dungeon has been rebalanced and the enemies provide more trickery and strategy, it truly feels like a well balanced struggle for survival now (imo anyway). Also, a party and order selection can be unlocked when you find one or more friends that weren't in the game last time, providing you with new advantages in combat. Lastly, animated ATB has been implemented and I am in the process of trying to get some custom ones done to replace the RTP ones. That is, if I can push myself to do it lol.

I'll probably put this game on hold for the next month though, I've still got my secret flagship project going on! Oh yeah, and it's nearly 5am yet I'm just barely finishing pixelling out this chick who is my avatar for the moment. I've been at it since 11pm ;_;

*Catches 3 hours sleep for work.*

I'll try get back to posting more often, I don't want ya'll to get the misconception that I've been slacking or anything ;D

*Seriously goes to bed this time.*
[Image: Button-BOTB.png]
[Image: Save-Point.gif][Image: Button-You-Tube2.png][Image: Button-Sound-Cloud2.png][Image: Button-Audio-Mack2.png]
[Image: LS-Banner.gif]
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }
I'm reworking one of my old scripts. Okay, not as old as most of them, but it needs a bit of an overhaul.

While Alisha's Containers was probably the first system that let you use a script to create a reusable chest that you can put stuff back into, it is apparently not the last. However, besides fixing up the system (it is a little clunky), I plan to redo the layout system and make it look good too. I did kinda make it plain looking at the start. Now? I plan to allow optional picture backgrounds and transparencies along with an easier to use interface.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]

Reply }
I everyone ! I work on my game and now I make some character in pixelart ! I search for a good style to fit with my artwork !
for now it look like this
[Image: 542362test.png]
I am inspired by Nora to Toki no Koubou ^^
Reply }
Well... As I continue laboring on the (practically finished) remake of "Alisha's Containers", I am also laboring on a few more things. One of these is an add-on to Alisha that allows you to actually pick up certain containers. Sure, you cannot pick up a heavy-as-hell Barrel or a hole in a tree stump, but one thing you should be able to do is pick up a small treasure chest laden with goodies.

It's in a early stage, but with a SHOW CHOICES command, you can easily take a chest item from the map and open it while still in your ITEMS bag. Oh, and just to make sure, you cannot add a 'chest' item into a chest. Would be bad to open a treasure chest and add the treasure chest into itself. ^_^ Still, I want to make a built-in simple menu so you can pick it up and/or put it back down. Prolly need to have 'SephirothSpawn's Event Spawner' for that.

Reply }
I've been working on and off between Echoside and a continuation of Belly of the Beast. Yes, it looks like I'm taking it out of the frying pan and into the frigid mountains of desperation.

Content Hidden

This is going to be a slow release though, there are things I want to further implement and experiment with before I push forward with completing the 2nd chapter. I've already got the CBS mostly how I want it, once I feel up to the challenge I'll most likely be doing custom battlers. This isn't really to impress anyone with my "excellent" animation skills (which honestly still suck atm), this is to enforce my ability to do more in the future, so don't be mad if I spend a few months on it.

[Image: Hellpuppy.gif]

Oh yeah, I've got a 28 minute orchestral piece in the works! Actually, it's practically finished I just haven't had the patience to rip the track yet. I figure I should give it a couple days to get it out of my system, then go back and give it a listen with fresh ears, fix up any last minute adjustments, yada yada.

Off to sleep then off to work, c'ya in a couple days! :D
[Image: Button-BOTB.png]
[Image: Save-Point.gif][Image: Button-You-Tube2.png][Image: Button-Sound-Cloud2.png][Image: Button-Audio-Mack2.png]
[Image: LS-Banner.gif]
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }
With all the scriptins' I've done, anyone wanna guess how many RGSS systems I have in my current project? 20? 40? 60? Still too low. Best guess, I'll have nearly 100 scripts when I'm done. The thing that surprises me is that I have no actual lag when testing my current WIP demo. Even with the containers system, the menu-in-maps, the randomly generated dungeons... I went into a cavern and sliced and diced some rats with the Lycan ABS!

I don't know if I wanna put the Vehicles system into the game since I have gate travel, but I may. If I do, it is probably the last 'complex' system left. Everything else to add are combat tweaks (Skills that use HP, and etc.) or Minigame effects like the recent harvesting or thief climbing systems.

Still... my sis wants to come up with some unique gambling games. Sorta like new spins on classic games (dice with new rules... blackjack without hitting 21 or whatever). I'll be interested in seeing what she comes up with.

Reply }
Hello all :D now that I got RMXP working on my main machine (this one's sound works, the others did not, unless it was headphones or an external speaker) under linux :victory-dance: I'ma try my hand at making an offline html5 based editor, so I can expand on the default database-type entries, as even though I can script in additional features they don't show up in the hard-coded editors, so its kinda a pain. Prolly gonna use a heavy dose of Zeriab's rxdata editor and Narzew's info on how scripts are stored in Scripts.rxdata
[Image: cautionary.png]
Reply }