Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
 What's up, RMers?
*sigh* That's the same one I kept finding. I guess they could not do Led Zeppelin's song justice. Either that or I have higher standards because it's Led Zeppelin.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
yeah, i hate the quality of midis, but they're easy to work on. i'll post what i come up with later tonight or tomorrow.
Reply }
What genre of music is this? Looking for a professional sound? I can take your midi and make it sound real if you want. :)
Reply }
Classic Blues/Rock/METAL

I always find that a good rockin' drumloop really gets me in the mood to kill a boss.
Reply }
Oh well blues/rock/metal no, I can't just push the midi through some VSTs. Sorry then, I can't help.
Reply }
Spent more time working on my menu-related stuff, but most of it is either systematic gibberish or an alteration to certain draw_<things> functions. Actually, alot of the draw_ methods are being moved to the Bitmap class so they can be used independently between windows and sprites. Yadda yadda, generic information, here's a screenshot :D

Content Hidden

I wanted to use Seph's scroll states so bad so I altered it to fit my menu and realized I don't like it, so now I'm doing a new script to display states. Simply, it is a sprite that will display the state icon and name, and cycle through each actor's state every X frames. There is a mock example of it in that screenshot up there, and here is the WIP code for it (yes, WIP, not finished, don't use yet lol.)

Trickster's animated gradient bars has been slightly reformulated and cleaned up, I even drew new bars, backgrounds and borders. I'm pretty sure that its 'final' at this point, I'll have to get around to posting a topic and a demo for it sometime tomorrow.

I guess while we're at it, I'm starting an actor inventory system, and yes that code is still very WIP too. I guess I am going to go with some form of my limited carry / inventory cache concept after all! I still have to plan out the user interface and get working on that because I have no idea what the new "Scene_Item" is going to be like yet.
[Image: Button-BOTB.png]
[Image: Save-Point.gif][Image: Button-You-Tube2.png][Image: Button-Sound-Cloud2.png][Image: Button-Audio-Mack2.png]
[Image: LS-Banner.gif]
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }
A random battler. I had to do something artsy because I haven't had much time to pixel lately, so I drew this, I named it "Machine Head".

[Image: Machine%20Head.png]
[Image: Save-Point.gif][Image: Button-You-Tube2.png][Image: Button-Sound-Cloud2.png][Image: Button-Audio-Mack2.png]
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }
Not only did I need a few tweaks and addons for game controls, I needed to refresh myself on scripting, so I've written the following today....

Input : Convert
Input : Combo

Input : Menu
Input : Full Screen
Input : Shutdown

This is a milestone to me haha! I used to only be able to script while drunk, I quit drinking back in 2009 and haven't been able to script since... until tonight! I feel empowered, like I can finally take all my different talents and invoke them to do my deeds :D
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }
Kain... That's some amazing stuff there. O.o
Reply }
I've got a few new tracks. I still suck at 'generic RPG town' themes, but at the same time I can somehow pull off 'epic shit going down' themes like they're nothing. Anyways, onto the music!

Time To Get Serious
This is a track for some sort of invasion scene. I actually made this one awhile back, but I'm posting it because its the prelude to...

Official Business
Just when you thought the invasion mission was over, its time to fight some sort of mystical bad ass!

Headquarters
This is the theme for the player's headquarters. You can discuss missions in the war room, as well as converse with your entourage and decide who is coming with you.

Northern Cities
A generic northern city theme. This track was supposed to be more happy sounding, but I hear a little tension towards the end that tells me maybe the folks up north don't like us. Hurry on before you get snowballed to death!

Eastern Affairs
The theme for our stereotypically oriental friends in the east, I guess. Again, I'm not sure why my town themes sound like people hate us, but for some reason they just do lol. I know, this track is short, but again... its just a loop, so meh.

In other news, I need to get off the composing and get to game making before I wind up with hundreds of tracks and no game! x:
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }