Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
 What's up, RMers?
I'm doing a major overhaul of a CMS I finished nearly 4 years ago, some of it visual but most of it is system-related. I'm changing the way alot of things work, such as how faces are drawn, how the character sprites are drawn, how the windows move in-and-out of the scene, how it deals with multislots, how all the information for the bestiary and battle log work, the save menu, etc...

Content Hidden

Visually, there is going to be a big change; the player will be able to select between classic "Windows" style and the modern "Graphics" style (picture any modern Final Fantasy after 9, or a MogHunter menu... yeah, that's what I plan on going for.) Another thing the player will be able to select is face-sets or animated characters for the menu (which means further draw_ stuff adjusting @_@) Those are the long term goals, which is why I have to get all this systematic BS re-standardized. In the end, if I go with animated battlers, perhaps the idle, critical or dead pose will be animated. It all depends on how far I want to push it I guess.

Oh yeah, composing again! This isn't finished, but here is a sample of my Ozzy - Over the Mountain cover. I've cut this track down to its basic meat and potatoes (the part leading up to the solo and the solo) so you don't have to sit through and listen to the first two verses of the song. I've only got the last portion of the song to finish and it should be a proper cover.
[Image: Button-BOTB.png]
[Image: Save-Point.gif][Image: Button-You-Tube2.png][Image: Button-Sound-Cloud2.png][Image: Button-Audio-Mack2.png]
[Image: LS-Banner.gif]
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }
Oooh... Mogging up your menus? Copycat. Winking You are going to have real fun with the Equipment menu.

Right now I'm working on a Guild management system. You can join multiple guilds at one time (unless you try joining rival guilds) and they can require levels or classes to join. Well... that's the plan. I won't have any fancy windows or a Scene_ class for it as you should be able to use script calls in your map events to retrieve data regarding what guild you're in, what your rank is in the guild, and lets you get awarded points to increase your rank. Again... that's the plan.

Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Your plan sounds like something that will be appreciated if you are able to pull it off =D Good luck with it.

Also, what does "Mogging up" mean? I am unable to find a translation of this in any form and I can't really guess it from the context either. Could be anything XD
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
[Image: 11627-mog_large.jpg]

am i mogging the place up enough?

started drawing the great door that leads the character's out of a tight spot in a cave.
Reply }
(02-06-2012, 12:08 AM)yamina-chan Wrote: Also, what does "Mogging up" mean? I am unable to find a translation of this in any form and I can't really guess it from the context either. Could be anything XD

Mogging up a menu, it's what I call it when you make a menu or screen decorative like a Moghunter menu like what I and Kain Nobel is likely going for.

(02-05-2012, 12:50 PM)Kain Nobel Wrote: ...picture any modern Final Fantasy after 9, or a MogHunter menu...

Funny one, Kasper.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]

Reply }
This cover is 99% finished, just needs some last minute edits :D

Over The Mountain (Cover)

[Image: Button-BOTB.png]
[Image: Save-Point.gif][Image: Button-You-Tube2.png][Image: Button-Sound-Cloud2.png][Image: Button-Audio-Mack2.png]
[Image: LS-Banner.gif]
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }
Guilds is partly done. You can use the code to create dialog specific to guild levels and what guild or guilds you're a member. Right now, it's geared to just a single actor at a time, but I'm going to work on party members in general.

Reply }
Finally decided on my default battle theme. I'm going to modify Achilles' Last Stand by Led Zepplin, provided I can find a midi of it. I'm going to use Fruity Loops Studio 5, so i can get a visual of the piano rolls for each channel, assign instruments to them, and edit them as needed.
Reply }
Achilles Last Stand????

Okay, dude. You picked a good one there. Happy But good luck. I went through about 10 Achilles Midi downloads, and they didn't meet my minimum standards. Not even close.

Reply }
i'll make it work one way or another, even if i eventually have to put it through my track machine program and render it as a low quality mp3. i want to keep my game small enough to give out on a data cd, but thats forcing me to make cutbacks in other areas like graphics...

my original philosophy was to do as much as i can with everything i can find, but im also learning how to spot places where less is more.

quick edit: http://www.midiworld.com/files/1066/ <---the midi site i got it from
Reply }