Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
 What's up, RMers?
glad i took such an extended break. the map that i'm working on involves torturing the protagonists with painful memories. i don't think i would have come up with the idea had i worked straight through!
Reply }
All the desired features for mah project have been crafted. Now I'm spending time getting them all to work together. Got more code in the project than the default scripts.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
It seems like, while work gets done, work never truly is done with my project :/

I've been working for a few months on design documentation for my project, but now that I've switched to using HelpNDoc, things are so much easier to organize and I've been able to work twice as fast thanks to it! I'm working on a couple things; player's instruction manual, actual development-related stuff, planning details and events for my story, etc. Having everything organized in one place helps, but whats more useful is you can build spreadsheets in it that look way better than one in OpenOffice.

Oh yeah, I'm back to scripting again! I'm taking everything from my old test bed and moving it into the new one, testing each script method-by-method, scenario-by-scenario, as well as cleaning up code and redefining how certain things work. So far everything is going good except that I've introduced a Hangup bug that is apparently animation-related, so I'll have to backtrace that sucker before I add anything new.
[Image: Button-BOTB.png]
[Image: Save-Point.gif][Image: Button-You-Tube2.png][Image: Button-Sound-Cloud2.png][Image: Button-Audio-Mack2.png]
[Image: LS-Banner.gif]
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }
came up with two more atonal melodies to play in the nonsense zone in my new demo!

this is the battle theme:

.mp3   lair battle.mp3 (Size: 483.78 KB / Downloads: 3)

and this is the background music:

.mp3   lari song 3.mp3 (Size: 948.88 KB / Downloads: 2)
Reply }
I thought I was having a hallucinogenic flashback when I listened to that o.O

The battle theme sounds like it has some scrambled up dubstep piece mixed into the background, like Skrillex or Datsik or something. I like the lair (lari?) track, it reminds me of Earthbound.
[Image: Button-BOTB.png]
[Image: Save-Point.gif][Image: Button-You-Tube2.png][Image: Button-Sound-Cloud2.png][Image: Button-Audio-Mack2.png]
[Image: LS-Banner.gif]
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }
i threw some datsik in there and chopped/looped parts overeach other. good ear. i didnt notice the typo until after i uploaded it, it should say lair:))) the lair track has a bunch of number stations mixed in. theyre creepy if you ever look them up. were you talking about Earthbound zero? i can definitely hear the resemblance now, but havent played it in a few years.

the characters get kidnapped by one of the main antagonists, and are wandering around in some dreamlike nightmare prison in their minds. inside, they meet another character who helps them escape. none of this was in my original plan, so the progression is pretty slowgoing.
Reply }
I'm currently perfecting the timeline in the XRZ universe (aka the Hybriverse). Every story I've made in life takes place in the same universe, the "Hybriverse". Omega Force Hybrida® takes place between year 9042XR to 9056XR. Event Solarisa™ takes place between year 9043XR to 9050XR. Elonny™ takes place between 9050XR to 9051XR. Star Force Hybrida™ take place between 9012XR to 9055XR.

I've made at least 7 stories taking place in the Hybriverse. Over six thousand nine hundred pages of data... My complete timeline goes from 2030AD to 9080XR. I have a lot to fill in. Just major events. That's what I'm doing.
Reply }
One thing about cool scripts that do things like create a shop is that it freezes actions on the field map when you run one. You leave 'Scene_Map' to go to 'Scene_BowWow' or something. The action freezes.

I'm having fun plugging all my custom scripts into my project so everything runs from Scene_Map, so there is no pausing. And if some dang monster is approaching, you better get your stuff done fast. It's gonna be fun having to watch out for guards while trying to lockpick a door in time before you're seen... or nabbed.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
For the purpose of learning (and maybe using it at a later point) I have been messing around with my little knowledge of scripts lately. I haven't done this much in the last months and thought I ought to spent some time on this again. Trough lot's of research and trial and error I finally "finished" the 3 person menu I set as one of my sub-goals last summer. I use quotation marks since while it finally seems to work without causing any errors, I have a block of empty space that I am not sure what to do with.
I will add a screenshot just for the heck of it. Maybe someone has a suggestion? It is nothing fancy and our pro scripters will probably say that this is easy to do, but I am proud that I managed to "finish" something in an area that I do not understand. It works and for now this is all I ask for. ^^
Content Hidden
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
How about a location window?
Reply }