Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
 What's on your mind?
Two weeks ago, I got interviewed by the guys of EA Ghost studio for an online software engineer position. While, in their words, I came across well and delivered a strong technical test, they didn’t feel that my C++ experience was quite strong enough and they were concerned the move from Italy (to UK) would be a big commitment without them knowing for sure that things would work out.
I have worked with C++ for years, but it was some time ago, now I am more used to C#, because of XNA and my (ex-)job.
So, it's bye bye UK for now.
[Image: f7d70f7d-d21f-470a-b93d-fa23cfcfaeb5_zpsfe7368c0.png] [Image: facebook_icon.png] [Image: youtube_128x128-120x120.png] [Image: deviant.png] [Image: save-point.png]
Reply }
Still though, to just be CONSIDERED for an EA job is a huge accomplishment, man - pat yourself on the back!
[Image: yy7iKKb.png]

ITCH: jayray.itch.io
Currently working on Goblin Gulch (MV)
Currently working on JayVinci Resurrection
Currently working on Bakin ABS (BAKIN)
Reply }
Agreed, just being considered for the job is great! Congrats on that Grinning

On another subject, I have something else on my mind Tongue sticking out

I've drawn up two maps for my game with Photoshop. Both maps are of one of the three continents of the game's world, one with the Kingdom names, and one without.
Since I'm planning on making the game pretty expansive, with 4 different, decently long story arcs, the maps I've drawn up are for the first 1 and a half story arcs. Since everything in my game is still subject to change (Including characters, their names, places, place names, and additional landmarks and/or towns/cities), I'm not sure if I should post these up yet. Confused

What do you guys think? Should I put them up as a Work in Progress, or keep it to myself until I'm 100% sure on the details?
And where do I post them? Right here? Laughing + Tongue sticking out
[Image: SP1-ResourceHunter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Director.png]

Destiny of End Thread: http://save-point.org/thread-5585.html
Destiny of End Twitter: https://twitter.com/DestinyofEnd
Destiny of End Youtube: (Coming soon)
Reply }
Hi Lani.

There is a creativity section on this forum and a listing called Art and Design , where you could post the maps as a work in progress. Also, if you're in the progress of creating a game, and these maps might be part of your game in Development, you could create a games thread at Upcoming Projects and post the images there as part of an ongoing post after you post an initial post describing the details, storylines and ideas behind the game.

I use the same for Roguehaven, and consider it a dynamic (changing) devlog of my development.
[Image: yy7iKKb.png]

ITCH: jayray.itch.io
Currently working on Goblin Gulch (MV)
Currently working on JayVinci Resurrection
Currently working on Bakin ABS (BAKIN)
Reply }
Thank you, I think I'll post my game in the Upcoming Projects when I have time later or tomorrow. Grinning

I have a TON of info on the game, where much could change, and since I like to be thorough, it'll take a while to get to it all Very happy + Tongue sticking out

Reply }
Allow me to correct my esteemed colleague, JayRay. The Creativity Section (ie Art and Design, Music and Audio, etc) is for people who just want to play around and post stuff they made that has nothing to do with RPGs (well, not one they're working on). I mean, if you wanted to make a comic series, you could post it in Art and Design or Literature. Have a novel you're working upon? Definitely the literature section. And if you're working on a ... hrm... an animated web sitcom, you could try Filmography.

Now if you wanted to post some shots from your game, some battlers you've worked upon, or some screenies of your game, the Maps and Screenshots thread would be fine.... unless you felt like posting them in your own 'Upcoming project' thread.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
I'm currently coloring a few character practice sketches, using the cheap pencil's that are lying arround on my desk for such purposes. Near the end, I ran into the issue of missing a certain color that I just just could not replace with a doffrent one so I got up and got my good pencils after all.
And oh heavens, does it make a diffrence! These are so much nicer and I'm asking myself why I've not used these from the start, sketch or no.
It's such a drastic chance XD I mean, I know these good ones are good and I have them for a reason, the change here really just reminded me again just how much the quallity makes a diffrence.
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
...Doubblepost, but what am I supposed to do if no one speaks up inbetween? XD

I just had a very heartwarming experience, in a way. Have some backstory:
Back in early 2011, I was reading a story online and left the author a quick feedback basically pointing out that a name was spelled wrong and suggesting they should fix that as well as admiting that hadn't been reading the entire thing due to quickly realizing that I did not like it.
The author replied, thanking me for letting them know about the name and asking why I didn't enjoy it. Thus I entered full-on Beta-reader mode and tore the story apart, pointing out every single thing that was wrong about it, explaining why it was wrong and giving suggestions on how to improve it where it was appropriate, as well as pointing out the things that were cleverly done. After that we exchanged a few more lines of conversation about writing in general and that was that. As I usually try to give feedback in a similar manner anyway, I never thought about this particular encounter again.
Moments ago, I found a message that this fellow writer send me just a few hours ago, YEARS after.
It was a thank you message. The person told me how they defined this very conversation as "the turning point in (their) writing", telling me how they realized what they were doing wrong and basically how they not only grew as a writer but as a person at whole from this.

The whole point of feedback is to let the other know how you feel about a particular piece of work, to help them understand and enable them to improve their skills. When I tell someone what I do and don't like about their creations, I do that in hopes that the next thing will be better, that something was learned from it. Usually you never find out about the results, so this very heartfelt thank you message telling me that this one conversation DID leave an impact for the better, is just amazing.
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
That story makes me kinda happy, yamina-chan, though a little sad at the same time. Hard to explain Happy

So what's on my mind right now?

Well I'll tell ya! Blushing + Cheery

TOO. MUCH. STUFF. Shocked

A LOT of stuff has been going on so quickly in my life, and I've been so busy and had so many problems to go along with it all, that I haven't really had time to think very much. Everything goes by so fast, and the days are gone before I feel like it has started. It's almost scary... Confused

School, RPG Maker game, Facebook admin stuff, cooking, cleaning, three video game playthroughs at once, appointments, places to go, things to do, bacon to throw, and huggles for you! It's CRAAAAZYYYY! Laughing

Well, I'm just staying positive, since I know things will settle down eventually. (Hopefully soon, 'Cuz all of this is wearing me out!) Happy

Honestly though, how am I supposed to train to be a wrestler with such a small amount of time? Confused

...Oh yeah, and I wanna be a wrestler, but I has no money. Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Oh, the joys of being me Sweat

Reply }
I have spent the entire night solving a conflict I had inadvertantly started...

I am tired and not in a good mood.
I don't want sympathy, I'm just stating the conditions of today.
"Turning iron ore into iron swords is a hard process, for one must first dig out the rock, and melt it to refine it, then one must pour that metal into a mould, let it cool a bit, and pound on it while it cools even further. Games are no different." - Ahzoh

Universal Declaration of Human Rights in Vrkhazhian
ʾEšol ḵavud ʾelẕakud lav ʾezʾaẕud zwazaršeru ya lit žalneru lav lit t͛enud. Ṗal sa-ražheru lav raržižu paplam lav ṗal widsaṟam bemaḵu šuku lit ʾeyṭu waẏnilaẇ.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Reply }