Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
 What's on your mind?
"Everyone over the age of 40 is an immigrant." - Margaret Mead, anthropologist.
"Turning iron ore into iron swords is a hard process, for one must first dig out the rock, and melt it to refine it, then one must pour that metal into a mould, let it cool a bit, and pound on it while it cools even further. Games are no different." - Ahzoh

Universal Declaration of Human Rights in Vrkhazhian
ʾEšol ḵavud ʾelẕakud lav ʾezʾaẕud zwazaršeru ya lit žalneru lav lit t͛enud. Ṗal sa-ražheru lav raržižu paplam lav ṗal widsaṟam bemaḵu šuku lit ʾeyṭu waẏnilaẇ.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Reply }
I made name conventions for Vrkhazh people:
Title/Family name/Name/Basic description/Place of Birth/Place of Death/Matronym and Patronym
An example is "Vikim ʾIḥamek ʾAraš-Hijunu ṛ-ʾIṉrōbi Tam-Ḵadač ʾIrad Kaf Šalkam lav ʾIḥamek Harkad" which means "Emperor Arashijunu Ihamek the Strong of Tam-Khadach son of Shalkam Kaf and Harkad Ihamek".

A male child takes the family name of his father while a female child takes the family name of her mother.
The basic description is optional and usually reserved for high-ranking people and historical figures (like the Great Founder of Vrkhazh, Arashijunu). The Place of Death is only used for referencing important historical figures who dies.
Then there is a -nym I have that refers to both parents; "son/daughter of mother X and father Y".
"Turning iron ore into iron swords is a hard process, for one must first dig out the rock, and melt it to refine it, then one must pour that metal into a mould, let it cool a bit, and pound on it while it cools even further. Games are no different." - Ahzoh

ʾEšol ḵavud ʾelẕakud lav ʾezʾaẕud zwazaršeru ya lit žalneru lav lit t͛enud. Ṗal sa-ražheru lav raržižu paplam lav ṗal widsaṟam bemaḵu šuku lit ʾeyṭu waẏnilaẇ.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Reply }
How often would -nym be used. It doesn't sound like it would be commonplace. Would title be a basis, such as also being the progeny of a famous woman, even though a boy or the daughter who's father was a lord or knight? And what arrangement? Male first? Female first? Or would it be ye classic 'age before beauty?'
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
You have to earn title or have a political role to have that Title part of your name. And it extends far beyond simply "lord, lady", "king", "baron", etc. business.
Also the type of -nym I may be thinking of is a "paedonym" which may or may not be the opposite of a "teknonym", which reference that someone is a parent of another. Example being is that if John has a son named Tim, then his teknonym would be "Tim's father". Nevermind, paedonym is teknonym's second meaning.

Goneonym or Gononym might be more suitable...

Using Family Name, Name, and Place of Origin are mandatory, however using a Goneonym instead of family name is more common among close (small) communities.

Reply }
My mind seems to be toiling over the futility of escaping the human condition and struggle against the tide of internet culture that appears to by-and-large no longer care for safe circles.

... at least the first thing may or not be a feasible horror game concept.
Reply }
That is why I don't consider myself a part of the human species...

Reply }
Werewolf. And I thought you were a slate furry thing, Taylor. Winking
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
(11-14-2014, 10:50 AM)Taylor Wrote: My mind seems to be toiling over the futility of escaping the human condition and struggle against the tide of internet culture that appears to by-and-large no longer care for safe circles.

... at least the first thing may or not be a feasible horror game concept.
Sometimes the simplest solution is often the best. Find new circles. :P
[Image: IMG28-1336331545.gif]
sig~na~ture
Reply }
Or find ways to kill off humanity.

Neanderthals aren't as stupid as most people think they are, may have even been able to produce language like humans:
http://www.mpg.de/7448453/Neandertals-language

Reply }
Well, I'm back from a synthwave meetup last night in Brooklyn. Loved almost every moment of the event! :D
Python Blue - composer for NeonXSZ
Reply }