Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
 What's on your mind?
I will release my conlang's dictionary: http://conworkshop.info/dictionary.php?L=YVR
"Turning iron ore into iron swords is a hard process, for one must first dig out the rock, and melt it to refine it, then one must pour that metal into a mould, let it cool a bit, and pound on it while it cools even further. Games are no different." - Ahzoh

Universal Declaration of Human Rights in Vrkhazhian
ʾEšol ḵavud ʾelẕakud lav ʾezʾaẕud zwazaršeru ya lit žalneru lav lit t͛enud. Ṗal sa-ražheru lav raržižu paplam lav ṗal widsaṟam bemaḵu šuku lit ʾeyṭu waẏnilaẇ.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Reply }
haunted house work is sweet! i'm essentially getting paid to be 13 again scaring my sisters. ive been wearing a bear mask and some f'd up clothes. the best part is that i can scare them right away, then do shtick, and then pop out and scare them again. i'll go up to one girl and say "this one's too tall" etc, and gauge their receptiveness. by that, i figure out who to scare, and who to pop out and grab from the sewer pipe. i'm doing 4-5hours of squats and windsprints during all this, losing like 2lbs/1kg a day. the other people are all great an suportive too.
Reply }
I have to say I am very positively surprised by the custommer support for the RPG makers.
After contacting them about a strange issue that - even after some research - seemed to be not a common issue for the RMXP, the custommer support replied at the same day, providing a suggestion for a similar issue in VX with instructions how to fix it. I replied and let them know that my problem was diffrent from that one and how so. As well as the fact that it was something that did not happen to me when I had been using older versions of the Programm and only applied to the most recent one.
A few days later, I got an other e-mail and I was informed that the issue was beeing looked into and that the developers had been contacted.
Now, again just a few days later, I recieved an e-mail yet again, updating me on the status as well as beeing provided with a key for the steam version of the programm, to see if I have the same issues there.

I still miss using the older version that I used to work with for years - especially since that one ran with the now missing L!mes patch that would fix the textboxes - but it is good to know that people try to take care of you as best as they can ^^
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
Speaking of RPG Maker... I seem to have run into youtube's idiocy again. It's gotten to a point where a guy can't even upload RPG Maker footage without tripping over a greedy copyright. Seriously though, it's RPG Maker not even VX or XP but 2000/3, it's more or less public domain at this point, how greedy to you have to be? Confused

[Image: IMG28-1412547137.jpg]
[Image: IMG28-1336331545.gif]
sig~na~ture
Reply }
It's not public domain.
And it's imortand to understand that it is not, even thoug many people - including me - use it.
But the fact that you got copyright strikes on some of the music is weird and should not have happened if it's actually part of the RTP. I highly doubt that the claims are accurate, but I am not sure what you should do in this situation other then disputing the claim.
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Reply }
The entire system is being abused by people wanting to make free money. A few years ago Sega shut down every single video related to Shining Force simply just because they felt like it.

I've talked to some people and they're saying that filing a dispute is pretty useless 99% of the time. Youtube will back up the copyright holder almost every time. (Mainly out of laziness.)

It's really sad and infuriating that you can't even upload a simple gameplay video in this day and age. Indifferent
sig~na~ture
Reply }
Sega didn't actually do that. Just some grumpy guy. That is the problem with Youtube's system; anyone can claim to own something and the burden of proof is on the alleged infringer.
Reply }
Oh, I wasn't aware it was just one person. But either way everyone agrees that the system is horribly broken right now.

I actually know someone who had his account flagged because of his WEDDING VIDEO. He hired a local band to sing at his wedding and of course they sang covers of popular love songs, next thing he knows some corporate record label is accusing him of "theft". It's ridiculous.
sig~na~ture
Reply }
I've been on youtube for a long time and I'm aware of the issues with the automated system. But with the amount of videos uploaded daily, that's the only option they have.

Reply }
(10-07-2014, 02:05 AM)greenraven Wrote: Oh, I wasn't aware it was just one person. But either way everyone agrees that the system is horribly broken right now.

I actually know someone who had his account flagged because of his WEDDING VIDEO. He hired a local band to sing at his wedding and of course they sang covers of popular love songs, next thing he knows some corporate record label is accusing him of "theft". It's ridiculous.
I smell capitalist greed, do you?

RANT:
Either way I see little good in it... sure one gets equal ability to start a business and get profit, but think of all the people you step on as you become a corporation. And those that don't, they just die out, drowned out by the big names. Capitalism breeds greed and greed destroys competition, which stagnates the market. Look at the environment, have you noticed the climate change deniers are all oil companies? All the politicians bought out by rich individuals, causing corruption. It's been proposed that the earth has enough to feed everybody, but those rich and in power take it all.

Is there really any need for Capitalism in this day and age?
"Turning iron ore into iron swords is a hard process, for one must first dig out the rock, and melt it to refine it, then one must pour that metal into a mould, let it cool a bit, and pound on it while it cools even further. Games are no different." - Ahzoh

Universal Declaration of Human Rights in Vrkhazhian
ʾEšol ḵavud ʾelẕakud lav ʾezʾaẕud zwazaršeru ya lit žalneru lav lit t͛enud. Ṗal sa-ražheru lav raržižu paplam lav ṗal widsaṟam bemaḵu šuku lit ʾeyṭu waẏnilaẇ.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Reply }