Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 ForumRP/PBP
I'm interested in trying to see if we can't run some sort of Forum RP/PBP (play by post) on Save-Point. I'm wondering where I could possibly place threads for it- I was considering Forum Games, but realized that what I'm looking at running doesn't have the brevity to work there. Literature was also a section I considered, but I'm not sure it would fit there, even though this sort of activity does involve a higher level of literary skill.

Suggestions? I'm mainly going to be running at least 4 threads for it:
  • Roleplay Thread
  • Interest Check Thread (this is the first one, no sense starting if no one is interested)
  • Info/Discussion Thread
  • Character Thread (where character information should be stored and updated)
[Image: TohsakaDono.png]
Reply }
I'm up for that, wouldn't that technically be also considered ART? since we are demonstrating our writing?
[Image: yy7iKKb.png]

ITCH: jayray.itch.io
Currently working on Goblin Gulch (MV)
Currently working on JayVinci Resurrection
Currently working on Bakin ABS (BAKIN)
Reply }
This wouldn't be the first. In fact, you may find the Round Robin game thread that Kalier, Mea and I participated in within the Literature section now. It's a good read. RolePlay? Not exactly, but interactive and it was in Forum Games at first. We had a couple interruptions by fans, but a hella lot of hits.

Forum Games would certainly be the proper location for your RolePlaying game. Insofar as running four threads in tandem.... not really advised. You could have the players main stats and materials within the 1st (or so) post of your thread, editable by your GM (presumably you) to keep tabs on original stats and current ones.

Now the players could be playing by submitting their actions within the main post or by submitting PMs to you about their actions so no two participants can know what the others are doing... IF they're trying to keep their actions separate from one another. Either way, you as the GM would post the result with what occurred... stat bonuses, things found... whatever.

I know of some blog boards that allowed viewer comments without interfering with the chapter/story flow. Unfortunately, we do not have that here. Um, you can probably tell I was already thinking about that feature. Hell, so was PK8 too! Couldn't find one that worked right. Or found a stable one yet? As I said at the beginning, Round Robin had a few viewer comments, though none interfered. But if you do wish to have a 2nd thread for comments, you may wish to make links between the two threads. I'd even go so far as use url links directed to various points in your game (or visa versa back).

Oh... be flashy.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }