Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Anime To Watch
アニメ
Anime

What's your favourite anime? I think I've seen a topic about this before but couldn't find it so I've started a new one.
The aim of the game is to share what our favourite anime (or animated shows in general) are so we
can all waste even more time watching them. Yay!

I don't want to encourage people to download anime illegally and so here's a place you can watch anime legally
and for free (with ads): http://www.crunchyroll.co.uk/videos/anime

Add images and tell us about it, why you like it and why you would recommend it!
Please don't just write a name, make it a little more interesting and useful for others. <3

[Image: Sword-Art-Online-Kirito-Dual-Wields.jpg]
Reply }
So I'll go first (in my own topic so NAH!)
I've recently watched quite a few anime but I'll narrow it down to the two that blew me away the most.

Number One...
[Image: SAO_Logo.png]
Sword Art Online
Genres:
Fantasy, action.

What it's about:

In a virtual world created by a genius but twisted scientist, Kirito (the guy with 2 swords in the first post) must get to the end of a 100-storey tower and defeat the final boss to save everyone who has been trapped in the game. The twist - if you die in the game you die in real life.

Why it's great:

This anime was incredible from start to finish. It studies the psychology of the people trapped and the romantic side wasn't cheesy or cliché. Lots of heart-wrenching moments (and tears), beautiful animation and plenty of action all round.

Number Two...
Arpeggio Of Blue Steel
Genres: Sci-fi, action.

What it's about:
Gunzō Chihaya and his submarine (L-401 with its humanoid avatar, Iona) face off against other vessels on the great open seas in a battle to take back the world from the invaders.

Why it's great:

What impressed me most with this is that the action wasn't mindless, the battles that take place are all quite tactical. The story is also really awesome and I found myself getting quite attached to several of the characters. On top of that the show certainly has a lot going for it visually, from the ship's (oh so hot) avatars to the beautiful animation and special effects.

[Image: 11022077425_03d252dc23_b.jpg]
Reply }
[Image: gankutsuou-anime-show-picture_103567.jpg]

Gankutsuou: the count of Monte Cristo

Genres: Sci-fi, Drama.

What it's about:
A retelling of the story of the count of Monte Cristo, set in the distant future. Albert de Morcerf and his friend Franz d'Epinay get involved in the count's schemes.

Why it's great:
This is a love it or hate it series. The art-style is very unique and over the top and so is the acting. A lot of pieces of classical music to top it off.
At first the plot may seem complicated, but once you catch up, it won't let you go.
I recommend basing your judgement on more than the first episode since this the kind of series that needs to pick up pace.
Upcoming RPG XP project: Legends of the Flaming Falcons
In a distant future an ancient threat stirs...heroes of old take up their arms once more.
For my writing project that includes my rmxp project I'm also maintaining a private wiki; if you wish to follow me, let me know.
My developer blog can be found here:
http://the-otherworld-tales.blogspot.be/

[Image: Gazeteer%20-%20Pherione.gif]
Gazetteer responsible for Pherione's Developer Interviews. My thread here.

More info or questions? PM me
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Watch out for Scammers DerVVulfman 4 5,275 02-19-2020, 08:42 AM
Last Post: KDC
   Anime I watched, liked or hated kyonides 17 19,008 05-13-2013, 11:10 PM
Last Post: MetalRenard
   Anyone watch Adventure Time? millarso 7 10,466 07-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Last Post: millarso
   100 Rules of Anime Insane Advocate 5 7,923 04-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Last Post: PK8