Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Kurokiri Labyrinth V2
[Image: TitleSpread.png]
[Image: V2.png]

Welcome to the project thread for Kurokiri Labyrinth V2. This is a remake of a game I once made on XP. I never managed to finish the XP version, so I decided I would remake it from scratch, using the parts from the original up until I catch up to the point I stopped development. From then on, it will be entirely original, but sticking to the theme of the original.

There are a few things I should point out. First of all, it is mostly a puzzle/comedy game, and it has a hell of a lot of random crap in it. It does not take away from the puzzles, and alot of it is simply just there to make you think "wtf is happening here?!", with no other true purpose, so expect a fair bit of randomness to coem your way. The labyrinth is a strange and mysterious place~

Secondly, there is not much, but at times (ESPECIALLY at one point), there is some strong language, so I will be putting a strong-language warning on the game for people intending to download it. ANYWAY! On to the info!

[Image: TheStory.png]

The Black Mist Tower. A legendary construction, ageless and timeless. None know when it was built, or for what reason.
All that is known is that it the top of the tower, lies a treasure of extreme value and power.
What this treasure is and what it can do is unknown. Some say it is valuable enough to buy an
entire continent, or even the world. Others say it bestows upon you the powers of a god. None know for sure.
For all that have entered the Black Mist Tower have fallen prey to the deadly Kurokiri Labyrinth that
waits inside. From the moment you pass the gates of the tower, you are ensnared in the labyrinth.
There is no escape. The only way is forward. Many people have found themselves trapped, unable to move
forward. So many, in fact, that even small settlements and villages have appeared within the
labyrinth, where those that gave up joined together to live out the rest of their lives in peace.

However, not everyone was as lucky. Some lost their minds and souls to the labyrinth, become mindless slaves to
those that guard the exits, known as the Seven Reapers of the Mist. They guard each level of the tower, and
must be defeated if you wish to pass to the next. Each one commands great power and an army of their own demons,
all intent on hindering your progress. How far can you get through the Kurokiri Labyrinth?

[Image: MainCharacters-1.png]

[Image: Leonis.png]
Leonis Silvastein, a brave adventurer brought up on tales of the Kurokiri Labyrinth. He has ventured forth to it's gates to challenge the trials within and prove himself the greatest adventurer of all time! But is he prepared for the dangers that lie within? And can his mind take the nonsense that runs rampant within it's walls?

[Image: Nexus.png]
Nexus is a mysterious man. After having gotten stuck in the Labyrinth, he almost gave up hope of escape. He even got himself a nice little cottage in the Labyrinth's first floor. But his life is soon to change upon meeting Leonis. He belives Leonis has the power to defeat the labyrinth and, with his help, Nexus intends to escape the dreaded tower.

[Image: Nox.png]
Who knows what the motives are of the mysterious Nox. He likes money. He likes treasure. He can often be found within the labyrinth, staring at something shiny and sparkling. He may appear from time to time, but he never stays long. Catch him quick, and you may get a good deal. He may even have some rare items to give you... But he'll expect something in return.

[Image: Laguna.png]
Laguna, the first Reaper of the Mist, his domain is the First Floor, Gaia Maze, where he watches over the realms of Misty Town, Meta Mines and the Woodstone Temple. If you want to progress to the second floor, you are going to have to find and defeat this demon of earth and metal.

[Image: TheLabyrinth.png]

The labyrinth is split into seven floors, each with it's own traits, puzzles, realms and guardian. Within each floor lies gateways to small pocket dimensions within the tower, each containing an entire realm. Each guardian, one of the seven Reapers of the Mist, hold dominion over three realms, and only be conquering these realms, will you be able to face the guardian and, upon defeating them, advance to the next floor.

First Floor
Name: Gaia Maze
Guardian: Laguna
Element: Earth/Metal
Realms: Misty Town, Meta Mines, Woodstone Temple.

Second Floor
Name: Burning Bewilderment
Guardian: Olivia
Element: Fire/Heat
Realms: Smoggy Plains, Dragon's Den, Mt. Vehementia

Third Floor
Name: Aquatic Quandary
Guardian: Derv
Element: Water/Ice
Realms: Sandy Beaches, Storm Island, The Deep

Fourth Floor
Name: Windy Mire
Guardian: Marian
Element: Wind/Sky
Realms: The Cloudbed, Skysea, Palace of Gales

Fifth Floor
Name: The Dilemma Factory
Guardian: Renard
Element: Lightning/Thunder
Realms: Production Line, Dynamo Chamber, Energy Core

Sixth Floor

Name: Solar Perplexity
Guardian: Kitsune
Elements: Light/Illusion
Realms: Valley of the Sun, Hall of Mirrors, Starpath

Seventh Floor
Name: The Shadow Coil
Guardian: Angel
Elements: Darkness/Dimension
Realms: Forest of Demise, Clockwork Manor, The Mirrorworld

There is a rumoured Eight Floor, but none know for sure, for no one has ever survived the Seventh Floor to be able to tell.

[Image: Miscellaneous.png]

I don't have much Misc. Information just yet. For now, have a few tips~
  • Look out for things that seem amiss. They may hold vital clues or secrets!
  • Be attentive! Sometimes, things only appear for a second, and sometimes, they never reappear. Don't miss your chance to obtain something that may be of help later on!
  • Look for Nox's shops. They are often cheaper than those in towns. And if you see Nox running around a dungeon, catch him quick. He will likely have some rare goodies on him.
[Image: Screenshots.png]
Here are all the screenshots from the game so far~ Comments are welcome~

The Tower

Misty Town

[Image: Downloads.png]
NOTE! In order to play this game, you will require the VX Ace RTP. It IS different to the VX RTP, so please install it if you do not have it.
You can donwload it HERE .

[Image: DemoV1Button.png]
[Image: Angel.gif]
[Image: RMVXB-1.png][Image: gMakerBar.png]
Reply }
Project looks promising overall, so I'll make sure to dl it once you've got a version to show.

Some questions tho.
You say it's mainly a puzzle game. How will you implement the fighting and what battle system will you use?
Also, what level of difficulty for puzzles can we expect?

...maybe I should try to catch you for an interview instead, tho I actually stopped doing that stuff :p
Upcoming RPG XP project: Legends of the Flaming Falcons
In a distant future an ancient threat stirs...heroes of old take up their arms once more.
For my writing project that includes my rmxp project I'm also maintaining a private wiki; if you wish to follow me, let me know.
My developer blog can be found here:
http://the-otherworld-tales.blogspot.be/

[Image: Gazeteer%20-%20Pherione.gif]
Gazetteer responsible for Pherione's Developer Interviews. My thread here.

More info or questions? PM me
Reply }
Thanks~ n.n

1: The battle system will vary a tiny bit. I will, for the most part, be using the default battle system, but there will be special puzzle battles, both using the default battle system, and a basic evented battle system. Nothing too fancy though. n.n"
2: To start with, nothing too hard, but I plan on making them progressivlel more... annoying shall we say, as you progress up each floor of the tower. I already have some rather horrid puzzles in mind for the "Hall of Mirrors" and "Clockwork Manor" stages~ n.n The very first realm, "Misty Town", will, however, be rather straightfoward. In addition, some puzzles cannot be completed first tiem around. You will need to revisit old stages later in the game if you wish for 100% completion. n.n
Reply }
cool! looks like a very ambitious project
Reply }
This is one game that actually suits the VX RTP style, I think it's looking good!
[Image: jokersiggy.png]
[Image: user_bar.gif]
Reply }
Ohhh man. I wish I had a chance to get in there with something. u_u
Reply }
Sexeh, looking forward to the brain-twists.
Reply }
Ok! I have updated with new screenshots. They are under the Mist Town spoiler tag in the Screenshots section~ Comments are welcomed. XD
Reply }
I think they lack character when compared to the previous ones. Maybe change the contrast to add colour. That should do it I think.
Reply }
It's probably due to the fog settings. I've messed around with them a bit and it looks somewhat better now. XD I didn't really spend much time messing around with it at first (custom script), but now that I've got it down, I should be able to manage those fogs easier. XD
Reply }